Author Topic: The Only Instance of Abuse "Admittance" by Staff of MBA  (Read 9620 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: The Only Instance of Abuse "Admittance" by Staff of MBA
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2009, 10:20:12 PM »
Sorry Whooter, this link works. Welcome.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=29442
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2009, 07:26:32 AM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
Quote from: "Antigen"

Whooter does this because it works........And if people don't challenge it it becomes part of the accepted reality--the Consensus Trance.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l63SRpGXBHE

Sorry if I wasn’t clear, I was thinking more from a biological standpoint vs hypnotic, although now that you mentioned it I do believe the ever changing perception is what keeps the programs in business.  There was no conscience attempt to misquote Psy.  Let me try to explain my thinking:

Think of programs as the cure for the common cold.  If evolution did not exist we would never be sick because the common cold wouldn’t change or evolve, the cold would stay the same and we would have all built up antibodies to deal with it a long time ago.  So for Aspen to stay in business they need to evolve along with us in order to attract the same percentage of the population (staying the same/maintaining market share).

The programs are evolving at a slightly faster pace than we are and therefore are one step ahead of us putting in place a cure.  If someone from the past cheats, looks back and peels away a layer (like Psy did when he went back to Benchmark) you may see that the basis of the change is parasitic on the present but mirrors the past as Psy discovered and therefore nothing has really changed from his vantage point.  We are not suppose to be able to see that because programs are marketed to be cutting edge and only someone from the past could spot the similarities.  People 100 years ago caught the cold the same as we do today but it has evolved to become stronger to outsmart our present antibodies.

The cold is the real problem, not the cure.  But as we all know there is no cure for the common cold.  We just need to let it run its course and give our bodies time to adjust and overcome it.

This is a bunch of stupid double-speak.  Programs are perceived to be changing because they lie and say they [ihave changed[/i] but it is clear that they haven't.  They use methods that have been scientifically discredited for many decades (e.g. MBA).  Aspen Education is one of the very worst.  They try to disguise what they do by changing names, like "LifeSteps," but since the content and format don't change, nothing has.

Programs are not like the cure for the common cold.  They're the shit your grandpa used to give you when you were sick while explaining, "it burns cuz it's workin'!"  No evidence whatsoever suggests programs work at all.  In fact, all research about TBS shows they make kids worse.  See the Bazelon study on TBS here.  This study actually references MBA and Aspen by name and basically calls them an "overpriced fraud with no benefit."  
Yet this proven, unmitigated liar, Whooter wants everyone to ignore science and believe his nonsense?  Not happening.

Whooter is a scam artist.  Don't believe a word he says.  He's an industry player doing damage control for the failed AEG program model.  Read point #2.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline RMA Survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2009, 07:34:42 AM »
I think the original post was perfect.  It shows admittance by a former staff that the program was abusive in the past.  And the investigators in Oregon are now finding that the abuses by Aspen continued up to the present day when they shut down Mount Bachelor Academy recently.

And I think it is funny that he admitted they didn't follow the law in the old days and that the State of Oregon found they weren't following them today either.  And how recently he was admitting they weren't following the law (something like eight months ago) and how quickly they were exposed as being so abusive to kids.  And how basically every claim he made in his post the State of Oregon found to be untrue.  That what they call therapy and treatment and counseling is in fact nothing of the sort.  They found it to be coercive, dangerous, abusive and illegal.  Big surprise there.  The wheels of justice turn slowly, but they do turn.  There was no chance this was going to turn out positively for Aspen Group's Mount Bachelor Academy.  

John Reuben can claim that these programs are ever-evolving, but clearly that is not the case.  

What was just as funny was John Reuben using the analogy of a common cold.  If there was no evolution, the cold virus would not adapt.  Well, if there was no evolution, we wouldn't adapt either.  So the original cold would be the same, and we'd be fighting it off with the same antibodies over and over again.  Unfortunately for John Reuben, we do adapt.  

The virus, represented by these cult programs, isn't adapting as quickly today.  With the internet, or more specifically the recent explosion and spread of social networking sites and blogs, the ability for survivors to post their stories, tell about the true nature of these programs and contact newspapers and authorities, has allowed the world to adapt and learn.  And it is learning quickly that this virus is deadly, kills our kids, and needs a real antibody to wipe it out.  And that antibody has started to emerge in states like Oregon.  And that antibody will replicate and move to the other states where these viruses have grown.  John Reuben can try all he wants to keep the virus alive, but ultimately the virus is going to be wiped out.  John Reuben can post as The Who and Whooter all he wants, but it won't change the truth.  Any investigation of any of these programs by authorities will always reveal the virus of abuse.

John Reuben may keep using the "just a few bad apples" defense, but that's so old and shows a lack of adaptation.  And John Reuben can claim that some of the programs have a licensed psychologist on staff, but on the one hand, that shows the rest of the staff aren't licensed, and as the State of Oregon determined, that one psychologist wasn't doing the counseling, it was the untrained staff that were doing it all.  Which is why, whenever any state investigators show up at these places, they are going to find the same thing and come to the same conclusions.  No amount of untrained staff are capable of providing legitimate treatment, counseling or therapy.  They might be able to babysit teens, but past that....?  Nothing.  Just a facade.  A very expensive and well marketed facade that is quickly being revealed, just like The Wizard of Oz was, as being just a money driven sham.  

I am sorry the survivor who opened this thread had to suffer, but glad she found out the truth, painful as it was.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2009, 08:22:51 AM »
Some excerpts from the DHS report:

[Redacted information] [M]any children enroll at MBA with a variety of mental, emotional and behavioral challenges, including substance abuse, depression, [medical issues], learning disorders, conduct disorders, parent-child relational problems, and trauma histories resulting in Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).  While MBA has this information, it does not utilize substantive individualized treatment plans for students on which the staff are trained.  Instead, all students are required to participate in MBA's "emotional growth curriculum," including a series of "personal growth" experiences known as "Lifesteps," regardless of their emotional, behavioral or mental health treatment needs."

“[redacted] MBA staff identified Child A's issues as abandonment, molestation, [diagnosed] problems, not obeying Child A's parents, cussing, partying and [redacted behavior].  Staff reported that while at MBA, Child A was supposed to work on feeling “disgusting” because this is how Child A felt about [redacted] and [redacted past event].

Child A reported that while at MBA, during a Venture Lifestep that occurred on [date redacted], Child A had to wear a "French Maid's" outfit and give male clients and one staff "lap dances" in front of male and female clients and staff.  A male peer confirmed that Child A had performed a lap dance on him.  Child A said staff assigned Child A the role of "French Maid" because Child A had been [event] in Child A's past and this was a way for Child A to take responsibility for what happened.  Child A said staff directed Child A to "Go shake your ass like you do for the boys.” Child A said staff called Child A a "slut" and told Child A Child A was "worthless" and said Child A "wouldn't get anywhere in life."
MBA Executive Director Sharon Bitz was asked to respond to the allegation of abuse, and stated  "No.  It's my opinion we didn't abuse Child A.  I don't believe Child A was abused on that date."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2009, 08:27:24 AM »
AP3 is a Phase IV Leader at Mt. Bachelor Academy, and was one of the founders of the program.  In an early interview, AP3 stated AP3 had written the scripts for the Lifesteps with another MBA founder, and as Phase Leader, helped assign Lifestep roles.  In an interview on 10/13/09 AP3 stated Lifesteps were “in the past,” because MBA no longer has Lifesteps.  AP3 stated MBA had changed the scripts as a result of being investigated, because “some of them were written poorly.”  
Responding to the allegation that AP3 developed Lifestep scripts that are coercive, degrading and humiliating, AP3 stated they are not “an AP3 creation.”AP3 said AP3 has implemented Lifestep scripts, but said some of it comes from CEDU, AP3 said AP3 wrote them with another founding MBA member after working at CEDU.  AP3 stated while at CEDU AP3 went through all the ‘workshops” now called Lifesteps, and acknowledged that AP3 AP3's self had walked out of a CEDU workshop similar to The Venture, but said MBA started using a “softer approach” than what was used at CEDU.   Discussing Venture Lifestep roles, for example, AP3 said the roles, like Child A's "French Maid" role, are not "in stone," and students can act out their role as they choose to.  AP3 said the goal for students is to realize their minds can play games, and for the students to see themselves and "how they may go to the negative side."  For example, AP3 stated Child A [behaviors redacted].  AP3 said Child A was very wild and had very bad boundaries. AP3 stated the "French Maid" is not a "sexual" role, it's about "cleaning house, and looking cute."  AP3 said the purpose of the workshop is that pushing fear brings an understanding of how powerful negative thinking can hold you back.

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2009, 08:45:43 AM »
Can Benchmark really be called a shitsandwich?

I don't see why not.

Show me one former CEDU employee with any integrity.

Show me one former CEDU employee who has faced the music..

For every 10 of these former CEDU employees I'll show you 100 Steve Rookie Clonemeisters. Modern day human potentialists trying to get their piece of the $200 a day pie.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2009, 08:49:23 AM »
Quote from: "Guest"
AP3 is a Phase IV Leader at Mt. Bachelor Academy, and was one of the founders of the program.  In an early interview, AP3 stated AP3 had written the scripts for the Lifesteps with another MBA founder, and as Phase Leader, helped assign Lifestep roles.  In an interview on 10/13/09 AP3 stated Lifesteps were “in the past,” because MBA no longer has Lifesteps.  AP3 stated MBA had changed the scripts as a result of being investigated, because “some of them were written poorly.”  
Responding to the allegation that AP3 developed Lifestep scripts that are coercive, degrading and humiliating, AP3 stated they are not “an AP3 creation.”AP3 said AP3 has implemented Lifestep scripts, but said some of it comes from CEDU, AP3 said AP3 wrote them with another founding MBA member after working at CEDU.  AP3 stated while at CEDU AP3 went through all the ‘workshops” now called Lifesteps, and acknowledged that AP3 AP3's self had walked out of a CEDU workshop similar to The Venture, but said MBA started using a “softer approach” than what was used at CEDU.   Discussing Venture Lifestep roles, for example, AP3 said the roles, like Child A's "French Maid" role, are not "in stone," and students can act out their role as they choose to.  AP3 said the goal for students is to realize their minds can play games, and for the students to see themselves and "how they may go to the negative side."  For example, AP3 stated Child A [behaviors redacted].  AP3 said Child A was very wild and had very bad boundaries. AP3 stated the "French Maid" is not a "sexual" role, it's about "cleaning house, and looking cute."  AP3 said the purpose of the workshop is that pushing fear brings an understanding of how powerful negative thinking can hold you back.

Also from the report.  "AP3" is presumed to be Alex Bitz.
Wait.  It gets better...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2009, 09:30:52 AM »
Programs are ever evolving, like Psy mentioned, and some may say they are doing away with a percieved harmful aspect of the program when in fact they just rename it.  So it is best to try to find out what they are doing currently by reading here or contacting the program directly, speaking to families who have been through the program recently.

I looked around and MBA did provide therapy via a licensed Psychologist.  The argument that Aspen had in court was with a specific child who didn’t receive therapy ( at another facility).  Many of these facilities give parents the option of having their child see a private therapist while the child attends the program which can be separately funded directly by the parents.  It is up to each parent to decide what is appropriate for their child and whether or not they want one on one therapy.
So technically any one specific program may not provide therapy through Aspen, so it can be said that Aspen doesn’t provide Therapy for “all“ their programs directly.  

But to imply that Aspen as a Corporation does not provide therapy would be an incorrect statement.

Here's your " licensed Psychologist", as per the report:

"MBA employs two licensed mental health professionals, but neither provides individual therapy to students, except in certain rare circumstances, and only W28 is licensed in Oregon. (W48 is licensed in XXX).  W28 prepares a "treatment plan, known as the child's “Program Strategy” for each enrolled student.  Note:  W28 is licensed in CBT, but W28 does not individually treat students except in rare cases.  When W28 was asked whether W28 observed or participated in the Lifesteps W28 said no.  W28 said the last Lifestep W28 was in was "two or three years ago."  W28 was asked why W28 was not involved in assisting the Mentors and Phase Leaders in choosing Lifestep roles that were individualized and in line with student's Program Strategies, W28 answered, "I really don't know.  Lifesteps are part of the program, and I work adjunctively to the program."  W28 said, "I don't know why I'm not involved, but I'm not."

" W48 stated W48 was brought to MBA for W48's clinical background and to bring "more accountability to the phase leaders and to empower them."  W48 stated W48 works with AP2 to assess students throughout their stay at MBA.  W48 stated the mentor sets the goals from the treatment plan.  
W48 said W48 did not know who wrote Lifesteps scripts but thought they had been there for 20 years.  W48 said W48 does not know if the scripts were ever reviewed. W48 said the Venture roles are "left up to the kid" and they should "figure it out."  W48 said W48 hopes the students see the turning point and take responsibility for the pain within.
W28 was asked if W28 trained the Mentors on the treatment plans, and W28 said no.  W28 stated mentors would find it difficult to read the evaluations and information from the testing, as they have not been trained to do so.  W28 said it is W28's job to "translate" this information for the mentors. W28 said there is a weekly meeting on Wednesdays when various school issues are discussed and phase members are present, but said W28 could not remember a time when treatment plans were part of that meeting.

W28 stated the individualized treatment plan is not intended to be a diagnostic instrument, and mentors are not “therapists."  In in the same interview, W28 then described the mentors as students' "primary therapists."  W8 stated, “The treatment plan is a guide for the mentors.  It’s part of the therapeutic curriculum.”  W28 confirmed that mentors are not licensed mental health providers.  "

AP2 was asked to respond to the allegation that AP2 neglected the care of Child A, Child B, Child C and Economides by failing to develop individualized and therapeutic treatment plans to address their [redacted] abuse, [medical] or [redacted diagnosed ] issues.  AP2 replied, “That’s not true.  I have not had any administrative or supervisory relationship to them (the children) whatsoever.  I don’t see how I could have had that.  My responsibility and relationship to them is to construct a treatment plan based on a synthesis of documentation.”  AP2 said MBA is not a residential treatment center where a Clinical Director has oversight of all clinicians.  AP2 said, “I am not that person.  That person is W48.”

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2009, 09:38:13 AM »
Sorry.  Double post.  

It seems by the report that everyone's strategy is shrug off, deny, double talk, lie & blame others.  Interesting, for a school that prides it self for making kids "responsible for their actions and behaviors".  I'd say the staff might want to go through their own program again...

Stay tuned.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2009, 11:18:53 AM »
"MBA employs two licensed mental health professionals, but neither provides individual therapy to students, except in certain rare circumstances, and only W28 is licensed in Oregon.......

Thanks for your post, guest, this seems to be consistent with many of the other programs where individual therapy is provided through a private therapist who isn’t directly working for the program.  This way a parent can determine if they want their child to see a therapist one on one during their stay there.  Its good to see that they had a couple professionals on staff to oversee the program.  The way it reads to me is that they had a process in place which was mostly run by the “mentors” and overseen by licensed therapists.

Offline enola

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2009, 11:19:55 AM »
Quote from: "RMA Survivor"
I think the original post was perfect.  It shows admittance by a former staff that the program was abusive in the past.  And the investigators in Oregon are now finding that the abuses by Aspen continued up to the present day when they shut down Mount Bachelor Academy recently
[....]

I am sorry the survivor who opened this thread had to suffer, but glad she found out the truth, painful as it was.

Thank you for your kind words.  

The staff from whom I took the quote worked there right up until they closed.

I suppose I should have dealt with all of this back when I left MBA (in 1992), but I was young--I was 12 when I arrived there.  I consider myself a very open person; sometimes I need to remember to basically shut up.  But the experience of MBA was so...painful, for lack of a better word, that I just pushed it down.  I also thought if I told anyone, they would think me a liar, because, after all, that's who MBA said I was, among other things.

I have actually had the same therapist since I got out, like I said, in '92.  I've told her every possible detail about my life (though I harshly tested her at first).  Yet, I have never told her about MBA.  She said recently that she would ask me about it, and I would just change the subject.  When I became aware of the investigation, and the closing, as well as the incredible lies and lame comments coming out of Sharon Bitz's mouth (who, I think, is basically her husband, Alex Bitz's sock puppet), all these horrible memories came flooding back.  I began to tell my therapist about the Lifesteps, my self study, the groups...she said, had I told her this years ago, she would have immediately called CPS here, as well as CPS in Oregon.  She said there is no question that what they did was abuse, and had she known, she would have fought to close it down.  

I feel a bit guilty for not telling her sooner.  But I was still in "survivor mode", as in, 'I'll do whatever I need to do to survive and get the hell out of here.'  Now, almost 20 years later, I'm paying for it.  Which sucks, because I know I did nothing wrong.  At 12, I did not deserve to be called a "slut, worthless, whore, liar, etc."  I remember Alex getting in my face, telling me, (I'm adopted), "Your birth mom was a whore.  Her mom was a whore (my b-mom was adopted as well), and you are so worthless, not even a whore wanted you!  Now, your second set of parents don't want you either.  Being a whore is in your blood, and that's all you'll be."  I can picture that, right down to the spit flying out of his mouth onto my chin.  It was in 1 of the Lifesteps.  And that was the typical stuff that was said, daily, not just to me.  I was 12.  Let me repeat that.  I was 12.  

I've also talked to a couple female students who had many inappropriate encounters with Alex Bitz.  He allegedly gave 1 girl sleeping pills, had another come to his house 3 times, to do homework or writing assignments, laying on her stomach in front of him, as he just watched.  If anyone needs to be in jail, it's him.

Just some examples of Facebook board posts by Alex:

Alexandru Bitz
It's late, I am tired and somehow I am uncomfortable numb right now ... you know, a lot is going on...
Can anybody or yourself email/call/visit me and Sharon and tell us WHEN AND HOW WE ABUSED YOU?
If it was another staff who did harm to you, please let us/me know. I will personally make it public and help you ...
Be good, ... See More
Alex
November 6 at 6:37pm

*I wrote him several letters before, that went unanswered, but I decided to write another one with the details of my first 6 months there, and title the letter, "Abuse, Part 1".  I knew others wrote him as well, yet nothing else was posted on the board by him, so I posted this:

Hey, where did Mr. Bitz go? He offered answers/help, yet there have been no answers/help. Is this another empty "promise"?
......I don't see any answers from any staff yet....tick tock tick tock.
November 15 at 8:26pm

Got a response the next day, on the public board:

Alexandru Bitz
Well Ms. [my last name], a little busy here saying good bye to kids, parents and preparing to be jobless. Yesterday 48 mentors and teachers were let go after years of real meaningful work. And none of them ABUSED anyone. In a month the rest of us , more than 30 mentors and teachers will join the the unemployment line. But in that line we all will be Moreproud of the work that we did . Clear conscience for sure and many people to confirm that.
What about you spending the day today to rejoice that MBA is gone.
I am going to campus to get some pictures and FY clouds and be sad.
Have a nice day.
November 16 at 7:52am

It's all about him, as my therapist said.  Nothing about the students, past or present, no kind words to any of us--in fact, snide, sarcastic comments to me.  And yet, "it was all for the children...".

I'll post Bill's stuff later...

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2009, 11:42:06 AM »
"MBA employs two licensed mental health professionals, but neither provides individual therapy to students, except in certain rare circumstances, and only W28 is licensed in Oregon.......

Thanks for your post, guest, this seems to be consistent with many of the other programs where individual therapy is provided through a private therapist who isn’t directly working for the program.  This way a parent can determine if they want their child to see a therapist one on one during their stay there.  Its good to see that they had a couple professionals on staff to oversee the program.  The way it reads to me is that they had a process in place which was mostly run by the “mentors” and overseen by licensed therapists.

But you're not very bright, so it will read differently to you because you don't understand the subject matter and also because you have financial ties to Aspen.  To normals, it reads "We offered you therapy for your child, but we didn't give any except in rare circumstances and only by unlicensed people."

You have to keep in mind when reading Whooters posts that he takes Juvenile Justice funds and kids from jail and puts them into Aspen programs through STICC.  So now you have no therapy, plus convicted JJ criminals mingling freely with your kids at Aspen programs, which were already proven both ineffective and abusive, ala MBA.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2009, 11:52:54 AM »
John Reuben may keep using the "just a few bad apples" defense, but that's so old and shows a lack of adaptation. And John Reuben can claim that some of the programs have a licensed psychologist on staff, but on the one hand, that shows the rest of the staff aren't licensed, and as the State of Oregon determined, that one psychologist wasn't doing the counseling, it was the untrained staff that were doing it all. Which is why, whenever any state investigators show up at these places, they are going to find the same thing and come to the same conclusions. No amount of untrained staff are capable of providing legitimate treatment, counseling or therapy. They might be able to babysit teens, but past that....? Nothing. Just a facade. A very expensive and well marketed facade that is quickly being revealed, just like The Wizard of Oz was, as being just a money driven sham.

I didn’t see John Reubens post so I cannot speak directly to it.  But in response to the above I couldn’t imagine any organization wanting to have all their staff licensed even if it were affordable.  How many licensed engineers actually put together you car, heating system, dishwashers, stoves, ambulances etc.  Although they are highly complex and require a great deal of skill and knowledge to create, we as a society develop detailed processes and plans so that a paid licensed professional is not required throughout every phase of development.  So I think the argument here is not whether or not every employee is licensed but whether the licensed staff that they did have was adequate or not.  I haven’t seen any laws tossed up here which define the requirements so none of us are able to determine what the minimum level  of professionalism is acceptable by law.

Hospitals have this very well defined,  if you go in for an operation you will see the doctor for the length of the operation (45 mins) and then he goes home and then you are overseen by a treatment plan which requires very little one on one time with a licensed professional.

So the struggle here is to determine how much the licensed professional should be involved in the day to day process of the program.  Should they have a licensed profession sit in on all groups when they break out for discussions 2 or 3 times a day?  Should a professional see each child every day?  Should the professional outline treatment plans and allow non professionals to carry them out?  Should a process be developed which is overseen by professionals but run by non professionals?  I think these are some of the questions I would like to see answered by comparing them to established laws and standard protocol.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2009, 11:56:51 AM »

...mostly run by the mentors and overseen by licensed therapists? That is incorrect. The mentors oversee everything, including the therapist. At best the therapists only offer their proffesional opinion to the 'mentors' for them to filter out and isolate information that is useful to them within the context of the program. This is actually more dangerous than having no therapists at all. People without training should not be playing therapist to anyone, especially those who are not yet adults.

Offline enola

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2009, 12:08:10 PM »
So the struggle here is to determine how much the licensed professional should be involved in the day to day process of the program. Should they have a licensed profession sit in on all groups when they break out for discussions 2 or 3 times a day? Should a professional see each child every day? Should the professional outline treatment plans and allow non professionals to carry them out? Should a process be developed which is overseen by professionals but run by non professionals? I think these are some of the questions I would like to see answered by comparing them to established laws and standard protocol.

This may answer part of your question, though I cannot fathom that you have not understood the point yet.
According to the State of Oregon:

OAR 407-045-0820: Maltreatment of child, which includes but is not limited to failure to provide adequate food, clothing, shelter, or medical care that is likely to endanger the child’s health or welfare. Maltreatment also includes but is not limited to the willful infliction of pain or injury, hitting, kicking, scratching, pinching, choking, spanking, pushing, slapping, twisting of head, arms, or legs, tripping, exposure to domestic violence, the use of unnecessary or excessive physical force, or other physical contact with a child inconsistent with prescribed treatment or care, the use of derogatory names, phrases or profanity, ridicule, harassment, coercion, or intimidation, that is likely to endanger the child’s health or welfare.

OAR 407-045-0820: Threatened harm to a child, which means subjecting a child to a substantial risk of harm to the child’s health or welfare.

OAR 407-045-0820- Negligent treatment of a child, which includes but is not limited to failure to provide adequate food, clothing, shelter or medical care that is likely to endanger the child's health or welfare.  Negligent treatment also includes, but is not limited to failure to supervise a child, or failure to intervene when a child needs assistance or care, that is likely to endanger the child's health or welfare.

Perhaps, had there been a licensed psychologist actively participating in the program, that individual would have more knowledge of the laws, and therefore prevented some of the abuse from happening.  Do you think it was an oversight or accident that the licensed party never attended lifesteps or groups?

Here is a description of abuse again, in layman's terms:

Posted by lawsprotect on 04/11/09 at 9:12PM
It seems that perhaps some of the staff, students and parents, past and present, might not understand what constitutes "abuse."

A staff member continually yelling at a student, yelling profanities at the student, yelling humiliating and degrading remarks at the student, name-calling, in Group or out, is ABUSE and against the law. It doesn't matter that you don't think it is abuse. It doesn't matter that there may be some 'good intention' and hope for a good result on the part of the staff member. It is still ABUSE and against the law.

There are other ways to bring about good results.
ABUSE is not one of them.

If you are denied sleep in a two or three or four day Life Step, except for an hour or two, this is neglect, and neglect is ABUSE and against the law. It doesn't matter if you didn't mind it, it is still ABUSE. And you have all suffered sleep deprivation, if you made any of the Life Steps.

If you were not fed meals, but perhaps little snacks on a three or four day Life Step or intervention or work study or self study . . . that is neglect, and neglect is ABUSE. It doesn't matter if you weren't hungry and it was okay with you, it is still ABUSE.

If you were forced to do physical labor for extended periods of time, such as eight hours a day or longer, hauling rocks, digging ditches, digging holes and then filling them back up, shoveling snow, etc., that is ABUSE. Most of you are, or were, minors. It is abusive to force you into physical labor for long days, and days and days on end.

If you were forced to spend weeks, and months for some, in isolation, not allowed to smile, not allowed to talk to anyone, forced to sit and be humiliated at a table by yourself, treated as if you were not even a human being and as if you didn't exist . . . that is psychological, emotional ABUSE. It doesn't matter if you were okay with it, or if you understood the 'bigger picture.' It is still ABUSE and it is against the law.

If you were forced to be abusive to others, as you were in Group, yelling at the top of your lungs at them, thinking up horrible, often untrue things to yell at them, that is ABUSE.
You were not only abused yourselves, but you were forced to abuse other students. This is against the law, even if you didn't think it was so bad. The law is the law. And the laws are there to protect you.

If you were on prescription medication and that medication was denied to you at any time, during Life Steps, when you were leaving campus, etc., that is harmful to your medical health and it is ABUSE.

If you were a minor and forced to do things of a sexual nature that you were not comfortable with, that is ABUSE.

Maybe you get the picture . . .

If you were a victim of any of the above mentioned things, you have been ABUSED.

Just because some well-meaning people think they can bring about a good result for you, they still do not have the right to ABUSE you in order to try to bring it about. ABUSE is against the law.

Again, just because you don't perceive it to be abuse, doesn't change the fact that it IS abuse.

I understand that while you are a student at MBA, you have no recourse to report the abuse. You can't make phone calls, you are not allowed to report anything like that to your parents, you have no access to a hot line . . . the only people you can report the abuse to are the abusers themselves. The fact that you are in that situation with no possibility of reporting is again, abusive to you.