Author Topic: POT TV  (Read 717 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
POT TV
« on: February 16, 2003, 12:03:00 PM »
I was settling in the other day to enjoy a glass of wine and a fat bowl.  I tuned into pottv.com, found something interesting, and decided to watch an old Sanford and Son episode about Ganja when I noticed the show directly underneath the Sanford and Son episode regarding STRAIGHT.  It seems I can't ditch the program no matter how hard I try.  

Anyway, I was curious why it read "Children of South Jersey" rather than "KIDS of Northern Jersey" in the caption.  I also wonder who these folks were outside of Miller's home with the bullhorn.  The person that kept referring to Miller Newton as "Miller Norman" should not have been there.  

It is my own opinion that we need to get these facts together long before we get ink and publicity.  The name of the program and the founder were both botched and butchered in what could be a nice piece of exposure for the cause.  If we can't even correctly document the names of the programs nor the correct last name of someone so largely involved, how could anyone believe in the validity or credibility of what we have to say about the program(s)?

If anyone has the means to at least correct the caption to more accurately reflect the NJ KIDS program, I think that would be a good start.  It is a shame a stoner like me has to find and bring such a comedy of errors to your attention.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
POT TV
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2003, 01:47:00 PM »
who hired newton in the beginning of his career in St Pete as a mind twister?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
POT TV
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2003, 03:34:00 PM »
I don't know who hired Virgil in St. Pete. I do know he came up through the ranks by the usual way, as a program parent.

As to the media not getting it right, get used to it. Contact the ppl at pottv.com and let them know of the errors so that they can make corrections.

It's not just the fringe media that routinely gets it wrong. Just last night, the ABC affiliate in Tampa did about a 5 minute segment on "Ray" Bradbury and Melvin Sembler. Do you think either Richard or Lenny (both interviewed) don't know the right name? Of course they do! The journalist got it wrong. So let them know.

When Plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in a society, they create for themselves in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it.
--Fredric Bastiat

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
POT TV
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2003, 05:50:00 PM »
It wasn't the media that was misrepresenting the program per se, it was the reporters whom purported to be survivors from the program if I remember correctly.

It really was cool exposure that in my personal life away from the board, I literally stumbled across something KIDS related. I was just bummed that it wasn't done correctly.

Maybe I'll smoke a fattie, get out the digicam and make my own segment for submission.
 :smokin:

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
POT TV
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2003, 09:39:00 PM »
Yeah, that's pretty much par for the course. Just yesterday, the ABC affiliate in Tampa did a funny, funny thing. In their coverage of Sembler Vs. Bradbury, they called him Ray. Maybe that's a middle name and it was an intentional joke or something. But, well there ya' go. NO news source is completely reliable. Just go to any library and read papers from a year, two or five ago. See what they were saying about Enron, for example, before the shit hit the fan.

That's one form of media bias. They'll interview five different people and use selected quotes that make one side or another look better.

The only way the media ever gets it right is if enough people care enough about the issue to write in and correct the errors.

"Our friends and allies in the Middle East and Europe will soon be subject to forms of intimidation by an Iraqi government bent on dominating the Middle East and its oil reserves,"
http://www.sptimes.com/' target='_new'>Project for the New American Century (were they talking about themselves?)

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes