Author Topic: Bye Bye Mount Bachelor Academy  (Read 24554 times)

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: Aspen doesn't pretend to actually provide "therapy"
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2009, 11:56:49 AM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Quote from: "Ursus"
Quote from: "guest guest"
Also they said in court that nothing about their programs is actually therapeutic? Can someone say when? Like what case or hearing, or an article that references this...? Thanks!
That issue came up recently in the case of Pence v. Aspen Education Group, Inc., regarding Aspen's NorthStar program.
Ursus, your good, I couldnt find this

Item 2, 3/4 the way down
Conclusion:

Both parties agreed that....one member of Matthew Pence's "treatment team" was a licenced therapist.

Based on this can we conclude that all programs have licensed therapists?  or does this apply to just Pence at NorthStar?
Can you reasonably conclude that "all programs have licensed therapists?" NO. Moreover, you cannot conclude that every kid enrolled in a given program even sees a licensed therapist, whether or not they have one on staff.

Regarding the program in question, i.e., the subject of this thread, according to DHS's Complaint and Order to Correct (p4), Mount Bachelor had only one staff member who was a licensed mental health professional, and this one staff member was not even integrally involved in the day to day operations of the program:

15. MBA violated OAR 413-215-0051(2) regarding staff services in that staff members do not have the background and experience to be able to provide adequate care, safety, protections and supervision of students. MBA has only one staff member who is an Oregon licensed mental health professional, however that staff member reported that he does not meet with every student admitted nor does he regularly participate in the Lifesteps program or "emotional growth" curriculum. There are no staff members with qualifications to treat substance abuse or eating disorders and other mental health diagnosis.[/list]
    « Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
    -------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
    Re: Bye Bye Mount Bachelor Academy
    « Reply #31 on: November 07, 2009, 12:16:06 PM »
    Quote from: "Whooter"
    How many express happiness for Nigels family?

That's funny, considering NIGEL is just your sock puppet, pulled out with a happy visit tale every time Aspen gets smoked, which is quite often recently.  

Every time Whooter is losing badly on the PR front, guess who comes out of hiding?  That's right...the magical NIGEL who's having a "tough time" but whose kid is being "turned around and put on the right path" by Aspen.  It's laughable.  And you're even dumber than we thought if you think you're getting anyone to buy that ridiculous story.  EPIC FAIL, Whooter, as usual.

The bottom line is that Aspen was exposed in Oregon and will be exposed everywhere else it operates.  It's just a matter of time and effort.  It's going to happen.  Whooter's just pissed off because his stupid little charades don't pass the smell test.

Nobody ever claimed Oregon authorities could close down programs in other states.  What was said is that the content of Oregons proven charges of child abuse against Aspen have been forwarded to oversight bodies in other states and that the ones watching ASR did agree they see all of the same warning signs from ASR and will be looking into it.  We all know every time a state looks into an Aspen program, they find wrongdoing.  There's a long history of it.  Sorry again, Whooter, but you fail on this count too.

Whooter should be working to expose abuse, like the abuse his child endured during four LifeSteps seminars, but instead he defends a corrupt business that has been proven to abuse and neglect kids, even failing to report the rape of a little girl on their premises.  

Whooter is sick and disgusting, period.  He's in bed with the people that harmed his child and yours.  Remember that when you're reading his drivel.
    The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
    **********************************************************************************************************
    "Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
    Re: Aspen doesn't pretend to actually provide "therapy"
    « Reply #32 on: November 07, 2009, 01:23:18 PM »
    Can you reasonably conclude that "all programs have licensed therapists?" NO. Moreover, you cannot conclude that every kid enrolled in a given program even sees a licensed therapist, whether or not they have one on staff.

I was being facetious.  Many have mentioned on another thread that the details of the trial applied to all Aspen programs (not just NorthStar).  So I was reversing the logic and stating that since one child received therapy then all the children who attend an Aspen program must receive therapy via local logic.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
    « Reply #33 on: November 07, 2009, 01:37:41 PM »
    Isn't this the hell hole that Marcie Padgett went to work for?  If so, it's a real pleasure to me that the abusive bitch has lost a job.   :twofinger:

I'm very pleased that this place of horror has finally gotten nailed.  I wish someone had looked into the runnings of Cedu/Running Springs during my stint there.

This is a victory for teens, but there are still so many places like this still causing harm.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
    « Reply #34 on: November 07, 2009, 01:42:41 PM »

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
    « Reply #35 on: November 07, 2009, 02:20:58 PM »
    Quote from: "fuck Cedu"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o_t5kIiJEM
    Everyone looked very happy in that first part.  I was surprised that they accommodated various diets there and the food didnt look too bad, although not totally appetizing.  Are there more installments?

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
    « Reply #36 on: November 07, 2009, 02:39:48 PM »

That's funny, considering NIGEL is just your sock puppet, pulled out with a happy visit tale every time Aspen gets smoked, which is quite often recently.  

Every time Whooter is losing badly on the PR front, guess who comes out of hiding?  That's right...the magical NIGEL who's having a "tough time" but whose kid is being "turned around and put on the right path" by Aspen.  It's laughable.  And you're even dumber than we thought if you think you're getting anyone to buy that ridiculous story.  EPIC FAIL, Whooter, as usual.

The bottom line is that Aspen was exposed in Oregon and will be exposed everywhere else it operates.  It's just a matter of time and effort.  It's going to happen.  Whooter's just pissed off because his stupid little charades don't pass the smell test.

Nobody ever claimed Oregon authorities could close down programs in other states.  What was said is that the content of Oregons proven charges of child abuse against Aspen have been forwarded to oversight bodies in other states and that the ones watching ASR did agree they see all of the same warning signs from ASR and will be looking into it.  We all know every time a state looks into an Aspen program, they find wrongdoing.  There's a long history of it.  Sorry again, Whooter, but you fail on this count too.

Whooter should be working to expose abuse, like the abuse his child endured during four LifeSteps seminars, but instead he defends a corrupt business that has been proven to abuse and neglect kids, even failing to report the rape of a little girl on their premises.  

Whooter is sick and disgusting, period.  He's in bed with the people that harmed his child and yours.  Remember that when you're reading his drivel.

I've been following his posts for a while and I have to say, even though I support some programs, this poster is exactly right about the one you call "The Who" here.  He makes lots of excuses when programs have abused kids and tries to cover it up, and he always supports the abuser.  And for what it's worth, I agree about "Nigel".  That's obviously The Who also.  I don't see how making up phony identities with phony "success stories" helps any kids.  I think it hurts more than helps, because in this case the program The Who is supporting is really a very bad one.
    The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
    "Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
    « Reply #37 on: November 07, 2009, 04:10:16 PM »
    Also they said in court that nothing about their programs is actually therapeutic? Can someone say when? Like what case or hearing, or an article that references this...? Thanks!
    That issue came up recently in the case of Pence v. Aspen Education Group, Inc., regarding Aspen's NorthStar program.

All Aspen programs use lifesteps?! Can someone give a source for this?
    Technically, no. Not all Aspen programs use Lifesteps per se. For what it's worth, here's a list of industry-wide programs from 'bout a decade ago which were using it then, along with two which were considering it at the time (original post):

Cascade School, Whitmore, CA
      Mount Bachelor Academy, Prineville, OR
      Academy at Swift River, Cummington, MA
      Hidden Lake Academy, Dahlonega, GA
      Crater Lake School, Sprague River, OR
      CEDU Schools, CA and ID
      Spring Ridge Academy, Spring Valley, AZ
      Cross Creek Manor, LaVerkin, UT
      Paradise Cove, Apia, W. Samoa
      Tranquility Bay, Mandeville, Jamaica
      Spring Creek Lodge, Thompson Falls, MT
      Copper Canyon Academy, Camp Verde, AZ[/list]
      For over 18:
        Northstar, Bend, OR
        Benchmark, Redding, CA[/list]
        Considering it:
          Aspen Ranch, Loa, Utah
          Montana Academy, Marion, Montana[/list][/list][/color]

Nevertheless... if you read the Complaint and Order to Correct from Oregon's DHS regarding Mount Bachelor Academy, it's amazing how most all of those complaints could have been made for any of the programs featured on fornits,* not just those run by Aspen or which utilize Lifesteps. I, for one, was struck by the number of apparently illegal or inappropriate events that go on at Hyde School to this day, and which have been occurring there, for decades. The term "emotional growth curriculum" was in use at Hyde as far back as the early 1970s.

* Not that I personally find this the least bit surprising. It's just that ... to read said complaints and infractions spelled out in government-speak is, to say the least, a rare but welcome affirmation, for lack of a better term!  :D

Ursus, thanks!!!!

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
          « Reply #38 on: November 07, 2009, 04:14:30 PM »
          Quote from: "fuck Cedu"
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o_t5kIiJEM
          Everyone looked very happy in that first part.  I was surprised that they accommodated various diets there and the food didnt look too bad, although not totally appetizing.  Are there more installments?
          There is more.  I will put the next one up when I find it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
          « Reply #39 on: November 07, 2009, 05:09:25 PM »
          So they closed this one down.  More then likely, the scum bags will reopen a new school in another out of California location.

:waaaa:

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
          « Reply #40 on: November 07, 2009, 05:18:07 PM »

I was thinking the same thing when I was reading this thread earlier.  Thanks for explaining it so well.
          The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
          « Reply #41 on: November 07, 2009, 05:33:32 PM »
          Quote from: "fuck cedu"
          So they closed this one down.  More then likely, the scum bags will reopen a new school in another out of California location.

:waaaa:
          Well, unfortunately, as long as there is a demand and a shortage of beds there will be new programs opening up.  They will just need to avoid Oregon for awhile!!

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
          « Reply #42 on: November 08, 2009, 07:52:07 AM »
          So are you in favor of these people opening up another child-rape camp then?  Or should these people be put in prison?  It seems like you think they should just shuffle to somewhere where they can get away with it rather than change their program.

I also wonder how demand will hold up with all of these stories about rapes and killings in Aspen's programs.  Aspen has four programs in Oregon and one murdered a child and the other sytematically abused them and sexually humilited them and allowed little girls to be raped and woudn't even report this child sodomy to the cops.  And this happened in Oregon, where there is actually some oversight.  Imagine what Aspen does to little girls and boys in Missouri, Utah, Idaho and Massachusetts where nobody is watching them.  It's pretty disgusting to think about.
          The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
          « Reply #43 on: November 08, 2009, 08:37:32 AM »
          So are you in favor of these people opening up another child-rape camp then? Or should these people be put in prison? It seems like you think they should just shuffle to somewhere where they can get away with it rather than change their program.
          I was stating what I believe will happen next, not what I believe is the right thing to do.  If programs are needed then someone will open them up.  Think of it as shutting down a drug dealer.  If kids are still willing to buy drugs then someone is going to step in and sell them.  Its supply and demand, cant stop it.

I also wonder how demand will hold up with all of these stories about rapes and killings in Aspen's programs.
          I dont think the number of at-risk kids will decrease because of stories.  The need will still be there. Where they send them or how parents will treat the problem may be affected.
          Aspen has four programs in Oregon and one murdered a child and the other sytematically abused them and sexually humilited them and allowed little girls to be raped and woudn't even report this child sodomy to the cops. And this happened in Oregon, where there is actually some oversight. Imagine what Aspen does to little girls and boys in Missouri, Utah, Idaho and Massachusetts where nobody is watching them. It's pretty disgusting to think about.

The woman who was repeatedly raping a young boy in the public school system was doing so under strict oversight and it went undetected for several years in a very tough state.  The programs will change their models and reopen elsewhere under a different name.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
          « Reply #44 on: November 08, 2009, 10:16:17 AM »
          First off, there is no strict oversight at public schools and the kid never told anyone.  At Aspen, the little girl told staff she was raped and they ignored her (and probably punished her, too).  See the difference?  

A rape reported to staff was swept under the rug.  That's a crime and any staff who knew about it should be convicted and barred from ever working with kids again, like the teacher who raped a student.  The justice system works, but Aspen keeps its crimes hidden from the system which is what makes it so evil and unacceptable.  

The difference also is evident in that public schools don't set out with the intention of abusing kids, but Aspen does.  Even after being warned not to use the abusive LifeSteps seminars, Aspen did it anyway.  They abused children on purpose and got paid handsomely for it by idiot parents that don't care enough about their kids to watch out for them.

I hope this clarifies this horribly wrong comparison that Whooter has put out there once again.
          The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control