Author Topic: Bye Bye Mount Bachelor Academy  (Read 24529 times)

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Re: Bye Bye Mount Bachelor Academy
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2009, 07:16:25 PM »
All Aspen programs run "LifeSteps" workshops as the core of their program.  LifeSteps was deemed by Oregon DHS to be child abuse.  Therefore all Aspen programs, which use LifeSteps universally, are abusing children.  Time to shut them down.  It's not even like we're rolling the dice with our kids anymore, we all know they already came up snake eyes, so let's do the right thing and shut down Aspen's proven abusive facilities.

One example you should be familiar with is ASR.  ASR uses LifeSteps.  LifeSteps has been proven to be nothing more than organized child abuse.  ASR should be immediately shut down.  The logic is flawless, so no sense in trying to nibble at the margins.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2009, 07:19:42 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
We agree.  Since Aspen's program has been identified as child abuse and they run the same program at all of their facilities, all Aspen facilities should be shut down to make room for legitimate people and businesses to help the kids.

Aspen has been legally revealed as a fraud by the state of Oregon and also by its own admission in court that nothing it does is treatment or therapy.  Just shut them all down and get it done quickly so no more kids are raped, killed or abused at Aspen facilities.  You can't split the baby here.  Aspen as a whole needs to be shut down.

I read back through the posts and didnt see where it was established that the same program is run at all of Aspens facilities.  How do you know this? The state of Oregon did not make this statement.  If you can establish this then I would agree with you.

The poster is mistaken.  The spotlight is on Mount Bachelor only.  This doesnt affect any of the other programs and Oregon cannot affect the programs in other states anyway.  Mount Bachelor was one of the last programs to retain "Life steps".  It will be interesting to see how Aspen positions themselves on this in regard to the other programs and how they market the various models.

Offline wild thing

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2009, 07:46:40 PM »
The spotlight is on ALL abusive programs.  As previously stated, counsel for Aspen admitted in court that the programs they offer are not truly therapeutic...you don't think word of this will spread through out the industry.  And don't forget the death at Sagewalk...the spotlight is on this crappy industry that makes big bucks as the bloodsuckers of childrens' pain!

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2009, 07:51:10 PM »
The above post from Whooter (2 up) is untrue.  Aspen programs use LifeSteps currently.  Soon they are having a conference to discuss their ongoing use of LifeSteps, as has been reported.  Aspen tried to rename LifeSteps to "Transitions" but did not change the content, only the name.  Oregon officials warned Aspen they could not perform LifeSteps or Transitions or they would be investigated anew.  They flouted the law, disregrded the warning (as Whooter suggested they should) and now have been shut down.  Now other states should step up and investigate all Aspen programs because they all use the same abusive workshops.

I think somebody might just be a tad bit upset that the whole world now knows his daughter was also abused and maybe forced to perform simulated sex acts or God-only-knows-what (these sick creeps at Aspen have vivid imaginations and no education - a volatile mix) and sexually humiliated in her LifeSteps at ASR and now wants to try to clean up the fact that he allowed his child to be abused by Aspen's tactics that they employ in all of their programs accross the board.

His little world is crumbling around him and he's upset by it.  Otherwise he wouldn't be defending child abusers.  It's perverse to suggest anything other than full investigations of wherever Aspen does business.
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2009, 07:57:28 PM »
Quote from: "wild thing"
The spotlight is on ALL abusive programs.  As previously stated, counsel for Aspen admitted in court that the programs they offer are not truly therapeutic...you don't think word of this will spread through out the industry.  And don't forget the death at Sagewalk...the spotlight is on this crappy industry that makes big bucks as the bloodsuckers of childrens' pain!

I havent seen other programs brought into it yet and I have read several of the provided links.  It would be great if they expanded it but so far Mount Bachelor is the only focus for the Oregon authorities.   If a program says they dont use therapy it doesnt mean they are abusive or ineffective.  There are many families which opt out of individual therapy and just have their child benefit from the structure the program supplies.  As a society I think we reach for therapy a little too much to solve our problems.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2009, 08:09:04 PM »
All Aspen programs run "LifeSteps" workshops as the core of their program.  LifeSteps was deemed by Oregon DHS to be child abuse.  Therefore all Aspen programs, which use LifeSteps universally, are abusing children.  Time to shut them down.  It's not even like we're rolling the dice with our kids anymore, we all know they already came up snake eyes, so let's do the right thing and shut down Aspen's proven abusive facilities.

One example you should be familiar with is ASR.  ASR uses LifeSteps.  LifeSteps has been proven to be nothing more than organized child abuse.  ASR should be immediately shut down.  The logic is flawless, so no sense in trying to nibble at the margins.

It doesn't matter what state they happen to be operating in, it only matters that all of their facilities use the same program which has been deemed to be child abuse in Oregon, and I would wager any state in our union.  Let's face the facts.  It's time to close these places.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2009, 08:18:35 PM »
It doesn't matter what state they happen to be operating in...
Actually it does matter.  Oregon cannot affect any programs outside their state.  What needs to happen is for Oregon to contact the other states and persuade them to investigate locally or they need to fight this on a federal level.  But right now this isnt happening, Mount Bachelor is the immediate focus.  If and when other states start to follow suit it will be interesting to follow.  But it just isnt happening now.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2009, 12:54:46 AM »
All Aspen programs use lifesteps?! Can someone give a source for this? Also they said in court that nothing about their programs is actually therapeutic? Can someone say when? Like what case or hearing, or an article that references this...? Thanks!

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2009, 07:38:20 AM »
Quote from: "guest guest"
All Aspen programs use lifesteps?! Can someone give a source for this? Also they said in court that nothing about their programs is actually therapeutic? Can someone say when? Like what case or hearing, or an article that references this...? Thanks!

Try the "search" feature, guest.  Both items are well-documented here and elsewhere.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2009, 07:50:54 AM »
It doesn't matter what state they happen to be operating in...
Actually it does matter.  Oregon cannot affect any programs outside their state.  What needs to happen is for Oregon to contact the other states and persuade them to investigate locally or they need to fight this on a federal level.  But right now this isnt happening, Mount Bachelor is the immediate focus.  If and when other states start to follow suit it will be interesting to follow.  But it just isnt happening now.

Where there's smoke, there's fire.  I bet you wish it isn't happeneng, but it only shows how little you know about what's going on with this industry.  Many of us individually and several advocacy groups are already making other states' agencies aware of the findings, and, personally, I got a vey positive response from from the watchdogs in MA who verbally confirmed to me they have all the same suspicions about ASR and will be making a move soon.  So you can sit there and say it isn't happening, but you're wrong.

Whooter is simply an Aspen quisling.  If you read his posts over the years, he has the same pattern.  First he denies any allegations are true, then he claims the problems will just be fixed, then he claims they're limited to a single facility.  He's wrong on all counts and anyone who has watched these programs operate knows their patterns.  Aspen is in big, big trouble.  If you think they aren't, you've no understanding of the scope of the mobilization against them.

Too bad for you that you have said Fornits is meaningless and we're just a bunch of whiners with no teeth. Well, your masters have been bitten and bloodied in Oregon and it isn't going to stop there, I assure you.  The pain is coming.  I can see a scenario in which CRC just pulls the plug on at least half these kiddie jails because they know the fight will be lost.  Then the rest will come under withering assault.  What you fail to recognize is that we will never stop, never rest, until all kids are treated humanely and in accordance with the law and by accepted modalities.  Why?  Because we really do care about children.  You do not.  You protect the abusers.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2009, 08:16:50 AM »

There is no documented evidence.  Everyone is just excited.  Mount Bachelor is one of the last programs to use "life steps" and the therapeutic comment refers to a lawsuit where the parents opted not to have their child see a therapist and therefore wasnt receiving therapy.  Parents need to pay the therapist separately if they choose.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2009, 08:44:25 AM »
Many of us individually and several advocacy groups are already making other states' agencies aware of the findings, and, personally, I got a vey positive response from from the watchdogs in MA who verbally confirmed to me they have all the same suspicions about ASR and will be making a move soon. So you can sit there and say it isn't happening, but you're wrong.
You seem to have no comprehension in reading posts here.  I believe I said If a staff member is abusing a child they should go to jail, if a program is abusing children then they should be shut down, but it doesn’t mean the entire industry is bad.

Whooter is simply an Aspen quisling. If you read his posts over the years, he has the same pattern. First he denies any allegations are true, then he claims the problems will just be fixed, then he claims they're limited to a single facility. He's wrong on all counts and anyone who has watched these programs operate knows their patterns. Aspen is in big, big trouble. If you think they aren't, you've no understanding of the scope of the mobilization against them.
If you are sure of this pattern then why not lay Mount Bachelor out as an example to support what you say then?  If you know anything about the law and powers within the states (as you claim to)  you would know that Oregon cannot shut down a program within the state boundaries of Massachusetts or any other state.  They only have control within Oregon.  

Too bad for you that you have said Fornits is meaningless and we're just a bunch of whiners with no teeth.
[citation]?  Your batting zero, haven’t supported any of your argument yet.

Well, your masters have been bitten and bloodied in Oregon and it isn't going to stop there, I assure you. The pain is coming. I can see a scenario in which CRC just pulls the plug on at least half these kiddie jails because they know the fight will be lost.
If half the programs are abusing children then they should be shut down.

Then the rest will come under withering assault. What you fail to recognize is that we will never stop, never rest, until all kids are treated humanely and in accordance with the law and by accepted modalities. Why? Because we really do care about children. You do not. You protect the abusers.

Actually I am the one who cares about the kids (you just think you do).  I recognize both sides of the industry (good and bad) Have you ever read a post, from a survivor or regular, about someone being happy for a child who does well and moves on with their life?  Not likely here.  How many express happiness for Nigels family?  The majority of you are only interested in shutting down the industry.  There are 500 plus programs.. lets say 100 graduate per year thats 50,000 graduates per year and how many dont do well?  Hand full, maybe?  How many are here on fornits who have been abused in the past couple of years? See what I mean?  Is there abuse within the industry?  Of course, there is abuse within every industry.  The key is to dig them out, expose them and stop them.  But we dont want to deny children the help they need (like you do) in the process of shutting down the abuse.
The difference between us, all along, is I deal with facts...most of your above post you cannot support...

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
programs which use Lifesteps
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2009, 11:00:07 AM »
All Aspen programs use lifesteps?! Can someone give a source for this?
Technically, no. Not all Aspen programs use Lifesteps per se. For what it's worth, here's a list of industry-wide programs from 'bout a decade ago which were using it then, along with two which were considering it at the time (original post):

Cascade School, Whitmore, CA
    Mount Bachelor Academy, Prineville, OR
    Academy at Swift River, Cummington, MA
    Hidden Lake Academy, Dahlonega, GA
    Crater Lake School, Sprague River, OR
    CEDU Schools, CA and ID
    Spring Ridge Academy, Spring Valley, AZ
    Cross Creek Manor, LaVerkin, UT
    Paradise Cove, Apia, W. Samoa
    Tranquility Bay, Mandeville, Jamaica
    Spring Creek Lodge, Thompson Falls, MT
    Copper Canyon Academy, Camp Verde, AZ[/list]
    For over 18:
      Northstar, Bend, OR
      Benchmark, Redding, CA[/list]
      Considering it:
        Aspen Ranch, Loa, Utah
        Montana Academy, Marion, Montana[/list][/list][/color]

Nevertheless... if you read the Complaint and Order to Correct from Oregon's DHS regarding Mount Bachelor Academy, it's amazing how most all of those complaints could have been made for any of the programs featured on fornits,* not just those run by Aspen or which utilize Lifesteps. I, for one, was struck by the number of apparently illegal or inappropriate events that go on at Hyde School to this day, and which have been occurring there, for decades. The term "emotional growth curriculum" was in use at Hyde as far back as the early 1970s.

* Not that I personally find this the least bit surprising. It's just that ... to read said complaints and infractions spelled out in government-speak is, to say the least, a rare but welcome affirmation, for lack of a better term!  :D
        -------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
        Aspen doesn't pretend to actually provide "therapy"
        « Reply #28 on: November 07, 2009, 11:02:56 AM »
        Also they said in court that nothing about their programs is actually therapeutic? Can someone say when? Like what case or hearing, or an article that references this...? Thanks!
        That issue came up recently in the case of Pence v. Aspen Education Group, Inc., regarding Aspen's NorthStar program.
        -------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
        Re: Aspen doesn't pretend to actually provide "therapy"
        « Reply #29 on: November 07, 2009, 11:26:04 AM »
        Quote from: "Ursus"
        Also they said in court that nothing about their programs is actually therapeutic? Can someone say when? Like what case or hearing, or an article that references this...? Thanks!
        That issue came up recently in the case of Pence v. Aspen Education Group, Inc., regarding Aspen's NorthStar program.

Ursus, your good, I couldnt find this

Item 2, 3/4 the way down
        Conclusion:

Both parties agreed that....one member of Matthew Pence's "treatment team" was a licenced therapist.

Based on this can we conclude that all programs have licensed therapists?  or does this apply to just Pence at NorthStar?