Author Topic: Bye Bye Mount Bachelor Academy  (Read 24530 times)

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Re: Bye Bye Mount Bachelor Academy
« Reply #120 on: November 18, 2009, 09:11:06 PM »
It's very revealing that when Oregon DHS officials told Aspen they had to either behave legally or close that Aspen chose to close.  They never behaved within the law and abused a lot of kids and they never had the intention of complying with any laws either.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline AuntieEm2

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 19, 2009, 09:27:25 AM »
Beware how educational consultants now seem to be dealing with the bad press Aspen is receiving from Oregon to Texas. They're painting Aspen programs as "bad apples," and shifting their loyalties to other brands of programs. They did the same thing, I understand, when the WAASP schools were under fire, asserting that WAASP schools were the exception to the rule, just a few bad apples ruining the reputation of an otherwise trustworthy industry--and so therefore you needed to send your kid to a reputable program like one run by the Aspen corporate group. Ha. Look how that turned out for these unfortunate kids and their families. When will the educational consultants face the truth that the whole "therapeutic" model is rotten?

Auntie Em
Tough love is a hate group.
"I have sworn...eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 19, 2009, 10:57:06 AM »
Quote from: "AuntieEm2"
Beware how educational consultants now seem to be dealing with the bad press Aspen is receiving from Oregon to Texas. They're painting Aspen programs as "bad apples," and shifting their loyalties to other brands of programs. They did the same thing, I understand, when the WAASP schools were under fire, asserting that WAASP schools were the exception to the rule, just a few bad apples ruining the reputation of an otherwise trustworthy industry--and so therefore you needed to send your kid to a reputable program like one run by the Aspen corporate group. Ha. Look how that turned out for these unfortunate kids and their families. When will the educational consultants face the truth that the whole "therapeutic" model is rotten?

Auntie Em
I'm just waiting for Malcolm or Joe Gauld to jump in with an opinion piece about "what Aspen did wrong" and "why Hyde School is the better choice" ... much like Joe did when CEDU / Brown Schools folded.  :rofl:
-------------- • -------------- • --------------