Author Topic: CALO Runaway - Tom Riley  (Read 22302 times)

Offline seanc

• View Profile
CALO Runaway - Tom Riley
« on: October 02, 2009, 08:26:31 PM »
My name is Sean, I am one of the legal guardians of Thomas Victor Riley.

Tom ran away from CALO on 6/7/09 while on an offsite visit with his grandmother.

If you have any information on his whereabouts, please contact the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children - www.missingkids.com or 1-800-THE-LOST.  Reference case number NCMC1131313,  or contact the Camden Co. Sheriff's office at (573) 346-2243.  Poster/picture is available on the above site.

Tom, if you are reading this, we love you, miss you and hope you are safe.  Please contact us and let us know you are OK.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: CALO Runaway - Tom Riley
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 09:21:20 PM »
Here is the direct link to Tom Riley's page: http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/ ... Lang=en_US

I see that he just celebrated a birthday. I am so sorry, Sean.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline seanc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 02:21:47 PM »
To Eliscu2

What does Bump mean and who exactly are you?  Do you know Tom?

Sean

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 02:48:12 PM »
Bump means that they are trying to have the thread to remain in the top of the message board for as long as possible so others can see it.

We have updated our missing in action section on the wiki so more can learn about his disappearance.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 04:50:19 PM »
Quote from: "seanc"
My name is Sean, I am one of the legal guardians of Thomas Victor Riley.

Tom ran away from CALO on 6/7/09 while on an offsite visit with his grandmother.

If you have any information on his whereabouts, please contact the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children - http://www.missingkids.com or 1-800-THE-LOST.  Reference case number NCMC1131313,  or contact the Camden Co. Sheriff's office at (573) 346-2243.  Poster/picture is available on the above site.

Tom, if you are reading this, we love you, miss you and hope you are safe.  Please contact us and let us know you are OK.

Tom Riley, do not return to the "guardians" who imprisoned you at CALO. As you tell by their actions, they are morally deranged psychopaths and cannot be trusted. Once returned to their clutches, they may imprison you in a gulag worse than even CALO.

My recommendation is to contact a lawyer. Explain to him that you have ‘guardians’ so abusive, so lunatic, so monstrous that they PAID  people to abduct and imprison you. Explain the conditions you were faced with at CALO. Emancipate yourself. Then sue, both your evil "guardians" and CALO.

You are entitled to compensation for your suffering.

Whatever you do, until you contact a lawyer and he gives you the go ahead, do not contact your "guardians."

Do not believe their claims you will not be re-imprisoned. Emily Graebor, a victim of abusive, evil guardians, like yours, escaped a prison similar to CALO and was promised she would be allowed to remain at liberty if she returned home, Her parents were liars and returned her to her gulag, where she was imprisoned for many more years. Bear that in mind. Also bear in mind, whether or not they love you, they do not have the right to subject you to imprisonment, abuse or torture, and it's unlikely that anyone who would do that to another person loves them in any meaningful sense of the word.

Offline seanc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 08:35:21 PM »
Oscar,

OK I understand.  Please correct your information though.  Tom did not run while at his grandmothers address.  Tom ran from CALO when his grandmother came to Lake Ozark for a visit.  They were off campus though, but not at his grandmothers address.

Thank you,

Sean

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 11:53:14 PM »
I'm a little hesitant to allow the guest post, but all considered I think its a fair warning to Tom, given the situation regarding other kids from CALO and their placements. Sean, are you aware of some of the circumstances that might have prompted Tom to flee? I've heard a couple of different things and for the sake of Tom's privacy I'm not going to speak of them in public without his permission.

To the Guest:

I'm sorry I didn't approve them earlier, someone sent me an offline telling me about your request to have them posted in instant messenger. I'll allow you a civil exchange here with seanc and anyone else, but remember.. civil means civil. Of course, this applies to everyone else as well.

kk? thanks.. I'm going back on my leave of absence.

ps. seanc, use the email address in my signature if you'd like to talk, and I have absolutely no idea where Tom is at, so I really can't help you with that one.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2009, 04:01:06 AM »
And out of curiousity..

Did you place Tom in CALO or did the State make that decision?

Offline seanc

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 02:42:41 PM »
All I can confirm at this point is that we didn't have a say in the matter, somone else did.

I have a good guess at several resons why he ran, but only he knows for sure.

As far as "guest" I really don't care about his/her comments because I understand how many morons and idiots live in this world, and I stopped trying to figure out or negotiate with this kind of low life years ago.  But what I do care about is if this person has contact with Tom or if Tom does follow this idiots advice and he or someone else gets hurt in the process, guest will have to answer for that.

As long as guest knows the rules, consequences and what they might be in for, I can tolerate the dissent.

My 1st priority here is to locate Tom and get him home safely.

By the way, I've seen many postings where people use "guest" or some other anonymous name.  Do you have a way to track the ISP or email so if someone does actually post something that results in harm, they can be located?

Sean

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009, 12:08:59 AM »
The only consequence is having a post deleted. We don't try to roll like CALO around here. Sorry to hear that you didn't have a choice in the matter. This matches up with some of the information I gathered earlier about the situation.

Offline CALO Student #17

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2009, 12:58:43 AM »
Christ, he's still missing? Aww, man... I'm so sorry, Sean. I'm not sure if you remember me or not, but I was cool with Tom, back when I was still in CALO. I used to give him a lot of advice to get him through hard times. I remember that a lot of his guilts were upsetting you and his grandma. He also talked to me about wanting to run away before, and I talked him through it... but that was such a long time ago. I was told that he ran away... took a car or something... but I didn't know that he was still missing. I don't even know what to say... when I talked him out of running, I thought that he was done because he never brought it up again. It makes me wonder if I shouldn't have kept it from staff, but like I said... it was such a long time ago. You have my sympathies, sir, and I'll be sure to let you know if I hear anything from the inside, or from other kids that have left.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2009, 01:10:43 AM »
Quote from: "CALO Student #17"
...when I talked him out of running, I thought that he was done because he never brought it up again. It makes me wonder if I shouldn't have kept it from staff, but like I said... it was such a long time ago...
Are you saying that staff were already aware that he was a run-risk ... or not?
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline CALO Student #17

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2009, 01:16:57 AM »
Well, he'd been put on run watch a few times... but it didn't last too long. It was just a phase that he seemed occasionally to go through. He usually wasn't serious... just upset, and the staff knew that. They still took it seriously, but we always thought that it would pass...

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2009, 01:22:33 AM »
Quote from: "seanc"
All I can confirm at this point is that we didn't have a say in the matter, somone else did.

I have a good guess at several resons why he ran, but only he knows for sure.

As far as "guest" I really don't care about his/her comments because I understand how many morons and idiots live in this world, and I stopped trying to figure out or negotiate with this kind of low life years ago.  But what I do care about is if this person has contact with Tom or if Tom does follow this idiots advice and he or someone else gets hurt in the process, guest will have to answer for that.

As long as guest knows the rules, consequences and what they might be in for, I can tolerate the dissent.

Well.  Advocating something illegal is not itself illegal*.  That would prevent illegal things from becoming legal.  It would maintain a tyranny of the majority.  Guest's words are no more extreme than Murray Rothbard on the subject of a kid's right to run away, though I think his personal attacks are both unnecessary and hurt his credibility and that of his argument.

* (some exceptions, mostly having to do with imminence...  starting a riot or saying "kill those people right there" rather than "that minority should be killed", which is permissable) <- not legal advice

My 1st priority here is to locate Tom and get him home safely.

I truly hope that means "home" and not another program.  Give him a chance, like my parents did after they pulled me (despite the pleas from the program).

By the way, I've seen many postings where people use "guest" or some other anonymous name.  Do you have a way to track the ISP or email so if someone does actually post something that results in harm, they can be located?

Ip addresses on this website are stored but are available by US court subpoena only.  From there you'd have to go to the ISP and track it to a physical address.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline seanc

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2009, 01:38:44 PM »
Student 17,

Yes, I do remember you.  If I remember correctly, you were one of the voices of reason.  Not afraid to speak your mind and didn't like B.S. lies and was one of the 1st people to call someone out.  Correct?  Also, If I remember correctly, you and I had some good discussions during one of Mike's group milieu.

Thank you for your sympathy.  I truly appreciate it.  Yes, Tom is still missing, we lost track of him in Kansas City, MO and are very concerned for his safety.  Tom has made some bad choices in the last couple of years and we are afraid of what may happen next.  We've already gone through to much death and tragedy to go to another funeral.  I sincerely hope that he doesn't choose that path anymore.  You probably know what I mean.

Psy, thanks for the info, understand free speech and I am a strong supporter of our rights, however you just can't yell fire in a crowded theatre.  My concern is that Tom will follow some very bad advice and I'm not sure if I can take another death in the family, especially another one so young.  My ultimate goal for Tom is emancipation (more like responsible independence) as well, just not in the way some jerks are calling for it.  Some parents aren't monsters like kids or CALO make them out to be.  Tom has no real need to fight against me or fight against doing what is right, this is learned behavior.

Ursus the answer to your question is yes, but that's all I'm going to go into here about that topic for now.

Unfortunately, we aren't the ones deciding what will happen next. Tom, at some point will have to face the truth of what was done and make amends.  There is always room for forgiveness and there is always room to make things right again.  He is only hurting himself more by continuing to run and hiding from the mistakes.  He still has chances and opportunities to become an honorable young man and there are people that will help him.  People that have always been there to help him.  He needs to seek that help out rather than fight against it.

Tom is under the impression that all this will somehow magically go away when he turns 18.  Nothing could be further from the truth.

I can only guarantee I will fight to protect him and help him become an honorable young man if that is what he wants.  If not, I have no control over what someone else will make him do, or not do.  At 18, 17 in my state,  a judge won't care about anything that happened prior, they won't care about teenage angst, or a world that someone has created for themselves, or any other excuse for that matter.  Harsh lesson for the unprepared.  I accept that some people need to learn on their own, but it's ashame that they have to endure that kind of pain and loss when the solution is so damn easy.

Any help to locate Tom would be greatly appreciated.

Sean