Author Topic: My new t-shirt  (Read 5271 times)

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
My new t-shirt
« on: September 23, 2009, 01:36:48 AM »
I <3 tshirthell.com

Saw this ages ago on their front page, finally managed to snag it before it was discontinued.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: My new t-shirt
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 02:17:02 AM »
Dat you,batIw?

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 03:40:40 AM »
ja.. not the most flattering picture.

Offline RMA Survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 09:26:36 AM »
I liked the pic.  I need one of those.  Not you.  The shirt.

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 10:42:56 AM »
lol. I gathered.

They're on clearance, so hurry up before they're all gone.

http://www.tshirthell.com

I kinda want their Texas one, too. "Don't mess with Texas. It's not nice to pick on retards."

For the sleestak mask:

http://www.maskmasters.com/

This guy matt makes them. Pretty fuckin sweet shit.

I know you didnt want the sleestak mask, but Im plugging the dude anyway.

Offline RMA Survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 01:52:16 PM »
Don't want the Sleestak mask?  Land of the Lost came on the Sci-Fi channel about a month ago and I watched one silly episode after another.  I loved that show as a kid.  Not sure why I did having watched it recently.  Same thing happened to me when I watched Star Blazers and Speed Racer again.  Sad.  But the Sleestak were always cool.  

Last year I bought the entire 39 DVD's of Six Million Dollar Man.  Halfway through watching them.  Not as bad as I thought they'd be.  Some are cheesy, but overall I thought they were done well.  Typical 70's acting and I can't get enough of the polyester, blue, brown or tan suits.  One thing I never realized was that the sound effects they used for him running and yanking things out of the ground didn't come in to play until like late in Season 2.  Nor was I aware that there were actually Made-For-TV movies that came out first, before the show.  And in them Steve Austin was more of an assassin.  Not the superhero in the television show.  

I also lived in Texas for most of a year.  My girlfriend at the time got kicked out of RMA for having a sex contract with me.  The "Official" story was that we were caught in the walk-in freezer attached to the Spring Room, naked as jaybirds and in the middle of the act.  Truth is we were fully dressed and were quite done.  Did it on her Challenge Night.  Full time!  She was originally from Alaska but her rich father wanted her in an all-girl school, so she went to a top private school down there.  Boy was she unprepared after RMA.  

Texas sucked!  Not only did I lose her while there, the weather was unbearable.  When it rained, it rained like Noah was about to show up in an Ark.  When it snowed you thought a new ice age had arrived.  The wind?  80 MPH or dead calm.  When it was hot, it was Mohave Desert hot.  And the winter was colder than anything in Idaho.  In California we have gutters on our homes to catch rainfall, have it roam over to a drain and then down to the ground.  In Texas they had deflectors because there was no way to catch the rain.  There would be a slight parting of a wall of water in front of the entrance that you could slip through without getting entirely drenched.  I was really surprised.  Someone said that was unusual for Dallas, but I don't buy it.  The place just sucked.  Not sure why we fought the Mexicans for it.  They can have it along with the Texans themselves.  I never met a larger collection of illiterate, backwards people in my life.  Well, the staff at RMA came damn close.  

A Sleestak mask would be sweet, and Halloween is right around the corner.  Problem is, most people would have no clue what it is from.

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2009, 02:03:41 PM »
http://foulmouthshirts.com   I have the" yes Im fucking weird" shirt
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 02:06:38 PM »
You were in Dallas? I was born and raised there.

That's one thing I miss since living in SF.. those massive thunder and lightning storms.

I remember that stillness that would hit right before a tornado, and the sky would turn orange.

It never got that cold, though. We were lucky if we got some snow.

Hail, though. We got a bit o that. Normally before the tornado.

Yup, had the same programming lineup as a kid, speed racer, star blazers, battle of the planets, 321 contact, and land of the lost. You got more programming from the single, god-like channel, (UHF) than from all of the hundreds of shit fest channels people have access to today.

If you think the sleestak mask is good, you should see the set of feet I have.

Im going as a jesus freak sleestak for halloween. sleestak mask and feet, navy blue blazer, khaki pants, and pockets stuffed full of chick tracts.

How's this for some interesting land of the lost trivia? Did you know that Walter Koenig (Checkov from Star Trek) was a regular writer for that show? He wrote pretty much all of the episodes that dealt with enik.

Offline RMA Survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2009, 02:07:14 PM »
SF as in, San Fransisco?

Offline RMA Survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2009, 02:24:58 PM »
I had no idea Walter Koenig did any of that.  So many of the Trek cast vanished from site soon after the show went off the air.  And I would have never taken him for a writer.  Considering what Shatner and Nimoy dished out by way of screen writing, I assumed the rest of the cast was lacking in such skills.  

They used so much animation back then.  When I watched Land of the Lost recently I was really taken aback by the amount of artwork used for sets.  As a kid I would not have noticed.  And you made me laugh about the UHF comment.  We always had to mess around with the rabbit ear antennae to get it to come in clear, but the shows were usually worth the effort.  I lived for Banana Splits and the Super Friends.  

However, I didn't actually watch Trek until I was thirteen.  I never watched it as a kid.  Yet I am a huge Trek fan today.  I even wrote five Trek novels.  And a Star Wars Trilogy.  But I had watched Star Wars on opening night back in 1977.  Like thirty people in the theater.

Offline RMA Survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2009, 02:30:39 PM »
Oh, and you mentioned orange skies before the storm.  Did you ever experience the lightning storms in Idaho where the bolts would be blue and pink, red and yellow and come straight down and strike the dirt?  

I remember one storm, we were watching it approach the campus, it was coming from over by the farm and we were on the smoking porch.  So we decided we wanted to feel more like we were in the center of things so we ran over to the field house, but a wall of water came towards us and we decided to run back to the house but we didn't make it.  We were soaked within seconds there was so much water.  It was hitting the dry dirt in the field so hard that little puffs would appear.  And the lightning hit and the puffs were even larger.  It was scary in an awesome kind of way.  

But in Texas, I just remember endless miserable weather.  Maybe when they said it was unusual, they were referring to the snow and ice.  It snowed during the winter and then would melt in the morning.  By night there was a foot of ice on everything.  Next night snow, next morning melt, than another foot of ice.  There was easily two feet of ice on the ground every day for month or more, and the wind blew so hard it was like being in a freezer.  

It only hailed once though.  In June.  Which by itself is an unusual time for there to be hail.

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2009, 11:55:01 PM »
oh, ice storms were somewhat normal, and unbelievably dangerous. We'd get maybe on average one every year or every other year. (that seems to me to be regular for those things, theyre so horrible.)

I remember the first time I ever saw one as a child. My dad took me into the backyard, and it looked like the world had been encased in crystal. We had a magnolia tree, with those big flat leaves, and we could split the ice apart on one and end up with two perfect ice molds of the leaf.

Offline RMA Survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2009, 12:32:06 AM »
The ice would evenly come off the leaves as two pieces of perfect mold?  That would be cool to see.  

I grew up in San Jose, CA.  Still here.  It snowed twice in my lifetime.  The first time we put garbage bags all around the driveway, made a pool of water and for about two hours the next morning we ice skated and played hockey on it before it melted.  Then I went to Idaho and saw more snow, and shoveled more snow than I ever care to remember.  

Technically Dallas was not the coldest climate I ever experienced.  I was on Katka once, on my Final Voyage and it was 36 below with maximum wind chill.  They later said it had dropped to forty below at one point, but -36 and -40 are a little hard to differentiate between when you are shivering inside a snow cave you shoveled together because freezing temps were not a part of your childhood.

Then a few years back, when Denver had made the playoffs for the Superbowl, I was a truck driver and oddly enough I was well known across the country as "The Shorts Guy."  I developed a near-immunity to cold because of my 40 liter a day intake of Mountain Dew.  I was burning so many BTU's cold meant nothing to me.  So I would always wear shorts because I was always warm or hot.  And despite it being 40 below in Denver, I was out there fueling my truck and washing my windows as I was well known to do in any freezing temperature, washing my windows and everything.  It was all on a dare though.  My student had heard the stories during his training and when I went in to the sleeper berth to put on some warmer clothes, he asked, "What are you doing?"  And I answered, "It's forty below outside, so I am putting on jeans and jacket."  He replied, "You can't.  Nobody has ever seen you dressed in anything but shorts."  So I said again, "It is forty below outside, it is really fucking cold dude."  And calmly asked, "But you could do it couldn't you?  You could stand out there for ten minutes, fuel the truck, all that stuff and not show any sign of being cold?"  And I said..."Yeah, probably, but..."  And he said, "Dude, you got a rep to uphold."  So being an idiot, I went outside and pulled it off.  People were in the truck stop looking through the fogged up windows watching me.  My fifteen minutes of fame I suppose...

So, did SF mean San Francisco?  Are we neighbors?

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2009, 05:14:25 AM »
Yeah, Im in SF.

Offline RMA Survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2009, 01:55:51 PM »
Wow, too cool, we're neighbors.  Maybe we'll have to get together some time.  Liam, the guy doing the CEDU Documentary thinks he will be in the Bay Area next time for his filming and interviews, maybe next year.  Perhaps we'd all meet up then if you were interested.