Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > CALO - Change Academy at Lake of the Ozarks

Organization of Concerned Parents

(1/2) > >>

Curious George:
To all:

I have read the rules, agree and understood.

Organization of parents has begun.  Contact has already been made by parents with similar concerns.  Based on initial discussions, I can tell you that our experiences with CALO and specifically Ken Huey has been almost identical, and none it has been good.

Encourage all parents of past, present and potentially future enrollee's at CALO take notice and seek us out.  Would also be interested in the experiences of former enrollees or "graduates" of their program, ages 18 and over.  Proper channels are being set up as we speak, so parents or former enrollees 18 and over, with real concerns or questions, can get proper answers or an avenue to find them, from the people in-the-know, all the time hopefully avoiding the CALO propaganda.

Next steps will be determined based on willingness of parents to seek the truth according to legal statues for the state of MO.

We also know of some real "abuses" as well as neglect by CALO involving the children, other than these restraining holds, much more serious events.  We are not going to disclose these here though.  Have confirmed this with 2 parents.   They will be shared with the attorneys and DCFS so they can be handled properly.

Seems the first major steps are being taken, let's keep this ball rolling until we reach critical mass and the truth is exposed.  To all who have helped so far, thank you.

CG

Anonymous:
My child did go to CALO and I am also concerned - I am willing to be part of a group but I need to know that it is real and people are just not sounding off - My child is now 19 years old and I do have come concerns and issues that I am willling to discuss and share - But I first want to make sure this is legitimate

Curious George:
It is legit.

If you are legit, you can personal message me and we will have someone from our attorneys office contact you.

CG

CALO Student #17:
19 years old, huh? That narrows it down to 4 students that I know of, and only 1 of them in still in CALO. I might actually be in contact with your... probably daughter. What are you interested in particular? I'd like to see if I can help

alanarose:
We are parents who have some serious concerns about CALO and residential treatment in general.  We hope to find good, verifiable information here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version