Author Topic: Questions for Calo Students  (Read 26277 times)

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: Questions for Calo Students
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2009, 01:23:47 AM »
Quote from: "CALO Student #17"
Don't get me wrong, I loved those dogs... hell, I even tasted their dog food once when I was picking some up from Petsmart for them... just so that I knew that they were eating something tasty, lol.
Any kid worth their smarts does taste the pet food at some point in their childhood.
I sure as hell did.  :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline CALO Student #17

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2009, 06:08:54 PM »
Yeah, lol. A lot of times, it's curiosity... and there's not much that you can do about that one, lol.

btw, are there any other questions?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2009, 11:50:26 PM »
Quote from: "CALO Student #17"
Yeah, lol. A lot of times, it's curiosity... and there's not much that you can do about that one, lol.

btw, are there any other questions?
Hi there,
Actually, my question is: in the final analysis, do you think CALO helped you? And do you think it helped other boys you were with?

Offline funsize

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2010, 08:37:13 PM »
i have a question..! did you even take the program in first off? and u sure everything your sayin is true? cause i dont think it is..i was the first kid to be put in pcs hold..ive been in a hold for 5 hours...they offer u water when ur in a hold..they ask u if ur ok and r willing to process..damn u people need to stop bashing on this place..it saved my fucking life

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2010, 10:57:21 PM »
Quote from: "funsize"
i have a question..! did you even take the program in first off? and u sure everything your sayin is true? cause i dont think it is..i was the first kid to be put in pcs hold..ive been in a hold for 5 hours...they offer u water when ur in a hold..they ask u if ur ok and r willing to process..damn u people need to stop bashing on this place..it saved my fucking life

You heard it here first my friends. A "client" from Ken Hoooey's duckfarm was kept in a hold for five hours. Obscene.

Offline funsize

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2010, 08:59:24 AM »
No its not..I was a danger to myself and to other people too..I wld of hurt sme1 if they didn't keep me in a hold I cld of hurt myself really bad

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2010, 12:50:18 AM »
Doubtful, people of that level of risk should be sent to a REAL treatment facility where they have appropriate levels of care. Not being held captive for five hours in a PCS hold.

Offline TigerEye

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2010, 07:52:17 PM »
Che, how about listening to funsize and not dissing what he says? You might learn something. I find it interesting that he has a positive perspective on the experience at this point.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2010, 02:24:13 AM »
maybe funsize ought to listen to what he's saying. If he really thought long and hard maybe he's bridge that gap at coming to the common sense conclusion that he ought to be furious over the way he was treated.

A certain cognizant dissonance at play, rather frighteningly so.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2010, 09:14:21 PM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
Whooter, you have one last chance to get it right before being banned from this forum. Get it together or face the consequences.
Why are you threatening people, che?  Are you drunk?  Get what right?  Last chance to do what?  Are you going to cry to psy and Ginger because I didnt agree with you like DJ did and try to get me banned?

What is wrong with you?  You were the one bashing a survivor, funsize, because he was telling his story but it didnt align with your thinking.  Are you going to try to get him banned too because he said the place helped him?  That is really screwy, che, and totally unlike you.  You use to write some crazy crap on here over the years, even erased over 900 of my posts during one of your tirades and no one tried to get you banned.  We all understood.  Why all the control issues?
Why the double standard all of a sudden?
It didn't sound like an "attack" on funsize to me. I'm sure he can handle it... I get a worse earful at the local pharmacy just for asking a (presumed) stupid question.

On the other hand, it sounds a bit like program proponents who have little better to do with their time and focus than to scream "discrimination" at every opportunity ... are trying to steer focus away from more cogent topics at hand.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2010, 10:05:56 PM »
Quote from: "funsize"
No its not..I was a danger to myself and to other people too..I wld of hurt sme1 if they didn't keep me in a hold I cld of hurt myself really bad
Why was it so necessary to keep you in a PCS hold (off and on?) for five hours? Seems like there was a real breakdown of the therapy of some sort, for such extreme measures to be utilized...

Do ya think things could possibly have been handled differently?

Offline Jennifer Michael

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2011, 01:13:56 AM »
I was the student that was thrown on her face for throwing a snow ball at a male staff member. I was not "allowed" my phone calls because my therapist told me that they would tell me when they wanted a call and told them that i would ask them for a call when i wanted one ( the therapist minuplated my adoptive parents into thinking that i didn't want to talk and vice versa)(reason i do believe money i was in programs for 2 years prior and it was payed with a trust fund( that and you can't get out of calo with out working with your family) . Phone calls were 15 minutes if you were lucky some staff would only let you get 10 or would lie to you about how long they talked to you "parents" first. Staff were never supposed to play fight with you, there were some staff that if they saw that you were play fighting a staff they would put you in a hold automatically because you were not being safe.alot of what the other student said is Bullshit. group was in your face, if your therapist did like something there was no take you off to the side and talk to you nicely about it, they would embarass you and make you break down. and afterward you felt like an outsider. if you have any questions that i could answer feel more then free to ask them.
Jennifer Michael

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2011, 06:22:45 AM »
Explain these group thingies a bit more.

Also, what happened after you bailed? Where did you end up? I remember trying to communicate with your parents via email to convince them to not send you to another program. Don't think they much listened though. Got like 2 emails total from them.. I think..

Offline Jennifer Michael

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2011, 04:29:12 PM »
Hello again,
Please do not refer to John and Rose as my parents, they are not, and have not acted like that for a very long time, with the programs their hearts have grown very cold and i do not believe that they are even concerned about what happens at these facilities. I did end up in other programs, thank you for trying to keep me out of them. I went back to Midwest Academy, my first program, and then to Eagle Quest. Staff members would humilate you in order to get a reaction from you that they thought was change. they would have groups until they felt that the situation was resolved, that could be for hours. staff were relentless. they would look for any reason to hold a group or a meeting with you and staff.

Offline Xelebes

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2011, 06:34:49 PM »
Ah, good ol' conversions.