Author Topic: gamer thread. What are you playing?  (Read 1203 times)

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
gamer thread. What are you playing?
« on: September 15, 2009, 02:44:03 AM »
I've been broke for a looong time. I can't afford new games. Especially since I don't have any of the third gen stuff except for the nintendo DS. My primary console is the PS2. (I hate games on the pc.)

As a result, I've been revisiting some older games for about the past year or so. What I find most interesting about this is that I intentionally never finish them on this second play through. Right about time I get to the last dungeon, I find something else.

Some of the games Ive been playing recently are:

Chrono Cross
Xenogears (otherwise known as Shut The Fuck Up and Let Me Play)
Final Fantasy 9
Harvest Moon: Back to nature
Allundra (stupid jumping puzzles)
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne (only ps2 game of the lot.. I never finished it)
and now Ive started on Final Fantasy Tactics.. another game I never finished the first time around.

Others I will probably revisit in the near future are legend of mana, tales of destiny, breath of fire 3.. and maybe Granstream Saga. (Because I totally forgot what the gameplay is like and Im curious.)

One of these days Im going to get an SNES... and try to find some of those games I miss so much. (earthworm jim)

What's everyone else playing?  Is there anyone out there like me who has been bitten with a case of console nostalgia?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: gamer thread. What are you playing?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 03:17:06 AM »
I want an Atari for Christmas.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: gamer thread. What are you playing?
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 05:29:53 AM »
I used to play cybernations, but my nation got deleted due to having two forum accounts. Still, its a fun game that can eat up endless hours BSing on forums, hanging out with your alliance mates in IIRC, and preparing for war against hostile alliances.

www.cybernations.net

I now play another free browser game called the fall. www.the-fall.net and I enjoy it. Keeps me occupied for about 10 minutes a day. My alliance wised up to the fact that while I did a great job pulling us together last year during one of the biggest bloodlettings we have ever experienced I'm not the sort that makes a good long term leader. They've let me wallow in obscurity under the threat that should the shit ever hit the fan again they'll take me out of my cage and let me save their asses again.

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
MEAT
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 05:53:50 PM »
If you like browser games and have yet to play kingdom of loathing, I suggest you get your commie ass over to their site asap.

http://kingdomofloathing.com

hurry up! today is sneaky pete's day! drink drink drink!

Warning: it is quite addicting, and extremely funny

I havent been there in a while, but last time I was, I learned a new spell which allowed me to summon one hilarious object per day. (clown hammer being the best)

It's RPG style, and you start as one of six classes, pastamancer, sauceror, turtle tamer, seal clubber, accordion thief or disco bandit.

I stopped playing before they implemented ascension (which adds some serious replay value)

I have also been kicked out of my clan for No Reason. (except that I stopped playing.)

I logged in recently, and noticed that one of the two moons, Grimace (the other moon being Ronald) now has its own moon. (a moon moon.)

I also seem to have contracted this .... thing.. illness.. whatever, called cunctatitis. "You've got a bad case of cunctatitis, a disease whose main symptom is intense procrastination. You never do today what you can put off until tomorrow, including putting off until the day after tomorrow all the things you put off yesterday. Also, dyslexic people think you're incredibly vulgar."

I have no idea what it does, since the description says "Eh. You'll figure out what this effect does later..."