Author Topic: Congratulations Ginger  (Read 4026 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Congratulations Ginger
« on: August 06, 2009, 09:11:00 PM »
Congratulations Ginger, on turning this board into a pedophilia and violence fantasy discussion group by virtue of your "deft" actions as moderator.  Were you upset that interest in the board waned when Greg's involvement stopped & it became your board?  Was this your way to win ratings?

What's the next act?  Are you going to permit presidential assassination fantasies or terrorrist plots against population centers to take place in these pages as you defend your first amendment right to allow that kind of crap?  Hey, maybe you can become the new outlet for Bin Ladin to post his BS?  

Clean this crap up, & take some responsibility for this board ... unless you want it to lose any semblance of rationality, relevance, or applicability.  What's going on in these pages has nothing to do with the Seed, nothing to do with drug rehabs, and nothing to do with helping anyone with anything.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Re: Congratulations Ginger
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 11:23:55 AM »
Let me pipe in here a minute. Maybe I can put some perspective on this.

Let's remove the personalities from the equation for a minute and talk about how and why and what is going on. I apologize in advance because this will take some wind to explain in detail.

First, Ginger started fornits on her own and modeled it after a forum she spent some time arguing successfully on.  I believe this was alt.lawenforcement.  This forum was completely unmoderated and had similar problems/results as the rest of fornits does now. However Ginger noticed that the unmoderated format, in addition to the trolls, various logins, etc allowed for a certain amount of "truth" (tm) to bubble up to the surface.

When Ginger started fornits it was pretty much about Straight, Inc.  However she was prodding me to add a forum about the Seed and frankly I was very hesitant to do it.  My passion for debate could not be accomplished on an unmoderated forum where everyone could just attack people and shout down any argument you were winning (or losing).  My experience in the regular straight forum was frustrating to me for this very reason.  I have always enjoyed debate, but I don't like dealing with people who aren't up to the task and try to 'win' in ways that are reprehensible.

One day I called Ginger and told her to put the Seed forum up but that I was going to run it differently and try to attract all sides to a conversation where we could learn about the history of the program and talk to the people directly who were on the inside of Barker's kooky little cult.  In context, we were missing big pieces of the puzzle.  the how, who and when this thing developed from Barker's kooky  personality cult into a chain of rehabs that existed (with the dire of Barker) until the present.  I WANTED TO KNOW.  I also felt very vindicated from talking out my lingering issues from the Seed and wanted to offer this opportunity to everyone, Staffers and insiders, unwilling kids forced into the program, etc. to really have an opportunity to understand what occured and to resolve their own lingering issues.  It was my way to try to help right a  perceived wrong, to give a gift to everyone who was there  that had a hard time processing the experience,  An opportunity to talk about something that no one would talk about, and to do so in a manner that was comfortable and offered a chance of healing and vindication. (cont)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 11:45:20 AM by GregFL »

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 11:37:18 AM »
So, My experiment with the forum consisted of allowing anyone to speak their mind as long as they spoke about the topic and I tried to moderate it in a similar way a formal debate would be moderated. That is, to try to remove my personal bias from the conversation and allow the conversation to progress on its own, without manipulation.

We can argue back and forth which approach yields better results, but for now lets leave that out.

To me the forum was a huge success, but it also required me spending a lot of time on it, in addition to helping Ginger administrate the entire forum.  Ginger always thought all the forums should be unmoderated but respected my efforts ( I think) and allowed me to do it my way.  However, when I left for personal reasons, She just let  the forum go the rest into the fornits unmoderated. In addition, she added new (and effective) personalities to the mix like Psy who share her philosophy about the forum.

That is really the whole story.  My only issue with this forum and the current admin(s) is that leaving  the Seed Discussion forum up in its current condition is unfair due to the fact that it is a blended[/b] conversation.  Had I been thinking properly and to the future, when I stopped moderating it I would have asked Ginger to archive it at that point, and I am sure she would have done it.  then she could have thrown up a new forum, say.."the Seed unmoderated forum" and people wouldn't be angry and pissed at the way the former conversation is lost under the new one.

That request still stands for Ginger and/or PSY to cut it off where I left off and start a new one from there.  Not one conversation needs to be lost, not even the most vile and disqusting ones from the most vile and disqusting people.  We would just have clarity of purpose and philosophy between the two forums. That is all that would be accomplished, and not one person has to be censored or otherwise have their rights to be an  antisocial  sociopathic asshole infringed upon.

I would like to request that anyone who agrees with me to please respectfully write ginger a PM and tell her so.  If Neither Psy or Ginger wants to do the work, they can grant me temporary Admin rights and I will do it.  As a former Admin of the entire Fornits site, Ginger is well aware of my character and trustworthyness and my ability to accomplish this task  while respecting her wishes  and I think the problem will be resolved.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 01:35:47 PM »
First, yes I do respect your efforts, Greg. However I don't think you really get how close to impossible it would be to separate the old moderated conversation from the newer unmoderated stuff. Where do you draw the line when stuff you don't like is attached to old threads you want to preserve? What about the stuff you do like that came after you quit moderating?

And yeah, it was alt.law-enforcement on usenet. I used to spend a lot of time discussing drug policy with cops, activists and anyone else who cared to drop in on that one. It was (and probably still is) a much, much more popular forum than this one as law enforcement is something everyone is somewhat familiar with while program vets are only a very small part of the population by comparison. I started this forum specifically to address a problem Wes was having. He was trying to get a usenet group about the program and it just wasn't happening. There just wasn't enough interest at the time. I bet it would work now, though. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if there are a couple of usenet groups on the program in some form or other by now.

If you want to talk results, hell that's an easy one! Law Enforcement Against Prohibition (LEAP) is just one of many effective efforts that has sprung out of that same--often very ugly--brawl. Media Awareness Project is another.

Anybody who wants to can search out old threads. That's the beauty of the net and the strategy for getting the word out at affordable costs--both in terms of money and time and effort.

Quote from: "Fed Up"
Congratulations Ginger, on turning this board into a pedophilia and violence fantasy discussion group by virtue of your "deft" actions as moderator.

I understand your frustration. However you're missing something very basic here. I don't moderate this forum. Nobody does. Also, if you hadn't noticed, our new old friends seem to have vented enough and started to calm down lately. That's usually how it goes. People just run out of that kind of steam and, at the same time, other readers and posters complain and, well, people tend to reel themselves in after awhile. I'm also reminded of something Psy said not long ago about how people are so used to having someone in charge to control such outbursts that, as a society, we've nearly lost that kind of self control. I think that will work itself out too as more and more people get into the mix and get a little practice at thinking for themselves.

Here are two suggestions for dealing with all the uglieness :feedtrolls: or  :boycott:  

:peace:
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 01:46:09 PM »
Quote from: "GregFL"
So, My experiment with the forum consisted of allowing anyone to speak their mind as long as they spoke about the topic and I tried to moderate it in a similar way a formal debate would be moderated. That is, to try to remove my personal bias from the conversation and allow the conversation to progress on its own, without manipulation.

We can argue back and forth which approach yields better results, but for now lets leave that out. ( by the way all know it is you( GREG) typing back and fourth)

To me the forum was a huge success, but it also required me spending a lot of time on it, in addition to helping Ginger administrate the entire forum.  Ginger always thought all the forums should be unmoderated but respected my efforts ( I think) and allowed me to do it my way.  However, when I left for personal reasons, She just let  the forum go the rest into the fornits unmoderated. In addition, she added new (and effective) personalities to the mix like Psy who share her philosophy about the forum.    ( YOUR WAY OR THE HIGHWAY HUH GREG) (NOT)

That is really the whole story.  My only issue with this forum and the current admin(s) is that leaving  the Seed Discussion forum up in its current condition is unfair due to the fact that it is a blended[/b] conversation.  Had I been thinking properly and to the future, when I stopped moderating it I would have asked Ginger to archive it at that point, and I am sure she would have done it.  then she could have thrown up a new forum, say.."the Seed unmoderated forum" and people wouldn't be angry and pissed at the way the former conversation is lost under the new one.          ( do you think responding like you did back and fourth yourself is proper?) I see it as a funny way to get your way is all.

That request still stands for Ginger and/or PSY to cut it off where I left off and start a new one from there.  Not one conversation needs to be lost, not even the most vile and disqusting ones from the most vile and disqusting people.  We would just have clarity of purpose and philosophy between the two forums. That is all that would be accomplished, and not one person has to be censored or otherwise have their rights to be an  antisocial  sociopathic asshole infringed upon.     ( do you mean it was disgusting how you went back and fourth  and came in many names yourself?)

I would like to request that anyone who agrees with me to please respectfully write ginger a PM and tell her so.  If Neither Psy or Ginger wants to do the work, they can grant me temporary Admin rights and I will do it.  As a former Admin of the entire Fornits site, Ginger is well aware of my character and trustworthyness and my ability to accomplish this task  while respecting her wishes  and I think the problem will be resolved.
                ( why don't you just grow up GREG it is not all about you)    Greg are you drunk? What is truthworthyness???
                                                                                             Greg no matter how many names and things you try to be, you always blow what you are really about. Sad to see you post anything, you just showed it was you all along is all. Really sad you keep using your daughter and the board in this manner. Grow up Greg, let others come in and say what all is on mind, I vote you out of here.  :twofinger:     No voting allowed.... Not getting your way Greg.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 01:50:18 PM »
Quote from: "Antigen"
First, yes I do respect your efforts, Greg. However I don't think you really get how close to impossible it would be to separate the old moderated conversation from the newer unmoderated stuff. Where do you draw the line when stuff you don't like is attached to old threads you want to preserve? What about the stuff you do like that came after you quit moderating?

And yeah, it was alt.law-enforcement on usenet. I used to spend a lot of time discussing drug policy with cops, activists and anyone else who cared to drop in on that one. It was (and probably still is) a much, much more popular forum than this one as law enforcement is something everyone is somewhat familiar with while program vets are only a very small part of the population by comparison. I started this forum specifically to address a problem Wes was having. He was trying to get a usenet group about the program and it just wasn't happening. There just wasn't enough interest at the time. I bet it would work now, though. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if there are a couple of usenet groups on the program in some form or other by now.

If you want to talk results, hell that's an easy one! Law Enforcement Against Prohibition (LEAP) is just one of many effective efforts that has sprung out of that same--often very ugly--brawl. Media Awareness Project is another.

Anybody who wants to can search out old threads. That's the beauty of the net and the strategy for getting the word out at affordable costs--both in terms of money and time and effort.

Quote from: "Fed Up"
Congratulations Ginger, on turning this board into a pedophilia and violence fantasy discussion group by virtue of your "deft" actions as moderator.
                      ----- That is correct. Do not feed the troll's, even if you are a troll yourself( Greg)......sigh..... :feedtrolls:
I understand your frustration. However you're missing something very basic here. I don't moderate this forum. Nobody does. Also, if you hadn't noticed, our new old friends seem to have vented enough and started to calm down lately. That's usually how it goes. People just run out of that kind of steam and, at the same time, other readers and posters complain and, well, people tend to reel themselves in after awhile. I'm also reminded of something Psy said not long ago about how people are so used to having someone in charge to control such outbursts that, as a society, we've nearly lost that kind of self control. I think that will work itself out too as more and more people get into the mix and get a little practice at thinking for themselves.

Here are two suggestions for dealing with all the uglieness :feedtrolls: or  :boycott:  

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 03:31:47 PM »

Peace to you as well.

I am talking about a split right at where I left, not about seperating the wheat from the chaff.  Again, draw a date in the sand, archive the old forum and transfer the rest over., renaming the new forum "the unmoderated seed discussion forum" or whatever you think is appropriate.

I also volunteer my time to do it. Of course I may need some technical assistance but I am willing to do it.  I think the old conversation and the new conversation are so different that we owe it to the reader to seperate them.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 03:42:19 PM »
THIS reader is just fine with keeping things as they are.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Gee whiz Im stupid
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2009, 03:47:02 PM »
nky
Quote from: "StankySuzan"
let others come in and say what all is on mind, I vote you out of here.  :twofinger:     No voting allowed.... .

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2009, 03:55:26 PM »
nky
Quote from: "Guest"
THIS reader is just fine with keeping things as they are.

Sigh.... :bump: yes I am fine with the scat talk,the baby rape, oh yes sigh :roflmao: look just,thinking,about it, cracks me up. And my brother wow my brother yes he noes kids and I just love him so,just,look ,at,the  big :flip: words and stuff and,the,way,he,talks,about,eric and others, you,almost,have,to be an attorney, to ,think up the,gay,insults,he,slings,and the way he talks about anus and sex. :peace: makes,me,feel so warm inside :bump: .  You noes,why,I,am,here so yes oh yes I really,enjoy,the,rape,stuff,and,especially,these,guys :roflmao:

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2009, 04:49:41 PM »
First, yes I do respect your efforts, Greg.

And I yours Ginger.  Don't ever doubt that.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2009, 11:55:08 PM »
The mud slinging would/should end.

It's obvious this guy called ericbeer is the one posting under numerous names. Posting as other people, then answering his own posts, in an attempt to make that/those other people look bad.

He's some kind of instigator that has no connection with the seed, or the state of Florida.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2009, 12:04:41 AM »
MAybe.

I'd guess greg. I'd guess mosre posts than the whole jones family combined.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2009, 09:06:35 AM »
you people post troll after troll and screw with everybody then when people fight back  you start pointing the finger around your family is a bunch of wild animals so fuck off and leave us alone you sick idiots you fight and fight with people bring your other internet fights here  say the nastiest filthiest nonsense and post threaening rape and murder then whine when you get it a fraction of it back what a bunch of losers and sickos.  For any of you to call anyone else an instigator is amazing. you have ruined any chance of anyone here ever giving you any welcome or ever wanting you people don't like pedos and sickos.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2009, 09:35:56 AM »
Who's fighting? I for one miss the Jones family. They at least say what happens at these places, and they show what one feels like many moons later. Without people feeling what all felt it is just another forum. I think this Greg wants his name cleared is all. After all he is the one who was last to respond to the Jones family. I for one hope we did not lose the Jones family from speaking out against these types of places. We need more then a Greg to help this forum. We need everyone.