Author Topic: state of the forum  (Read 2354 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: state of the forum
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2009, 12:49:54 PM »
Neither approach is effective.  It seems Stack got overly aggressive and his sister became passive.   These two people seemed wounded and to try to heal themselves they are trying to wound other people.  It isn't unlike the abused kid growing up and beating his kid.  Or the child of an alcoholic growing up and hating his parent yet somehow being unable to not become one himself.

This is how Stack comes across, as the kid who hates his abuser but has become the same monster and all the while trying to justify his actions by pointing backward and saying "but I am not THAT bad".  Well yes you are that bad if not worse.     That is sad for you.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2009, 01:10:55 PM »
Quote from: "guest666"
Neither approach is effective. It seems Stack got overly aggressive and his sister became passive. These two people seemed wounded and to try to heal themselves they are trying to wound other people. It isn't unlike the abused kid growing up and beating his kid. Or the child of an alcoholic growing up and hating his parent yet somehow being unable to not become one himself.

This is how Stack comes across, as the kid who hates his abuser but has become the same monster and all the while trying to justify his actions by pointing backward and saying "but I am not THAT bad". Well yes you are that bad if not worse. That is sad for you.

the seed taught you well about sitting in judgement greg
Sounds like another "get over it"

Just sayin

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2009, 01:17:59 PM »
This is not Greg . I live in St. Petersburg. Before everyone who disagreed with you was libby or her husband now it is Greg?

Paranoid much?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2009, 02:14:21 PM »
okay Greggy poo, seems no one cares anyway :roflmao: s lol

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2009, 11:11:07 AM »
why is it that if someone says anything about current economics, and the failure of the u.s. govt.

the response is always guaranteed --

if you don't like it - you can go become a taliban.

but, america put that small sector into power.

and now the americans back the northern alliance, which are shia, which are backed by iran.

confused?

oh, before it was america -- love it or leave it. or, if you don't like it here, you can go be a communist.

are these really arguments?

you are either with us, or a red.

what is them reds anyway? (tom joad).

you're with us or you're a terrorist.

taliban.

--

how 'bout -- none of the above.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2009, 11:14:38 AM »
More paranoid delusions by the prince of crazy.

:soapbox:  :soapbox:  :soapbox:  :soapbox:  :soapbox:  :soapbox:  :timeout:  :timeout:  :timeout:  :bs:  :blabla:  :blabla:

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2009, 05:23:53 PM »
I want to know what happened to the Shiits. Did the Shia eat them? :o
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2009, 06:48:29 PM »
Hi Antigen, how are you? :rose:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2009, 10:00:37 AM »
Quote from: "marc polonsky"
I was lucky enough to be a participant in this forum in its heyday, and I did use it to resolve some issues and feelings that still clung to me after decades. I was in the Seed in '72-73. I will always be grateful to Greg and to Ginger for creating this space. And to others too, like "Cleveland" (Walter) and Marshall and Terry ("Ft. Lauderdale") and many others who contributed with honesty and heart to the discussion.

Because I wrote a memoir about the Seed which is on the Web and widely read, I often get emails about the Seed from former Seedlings looking for some  kind of connection or resolution or . . . just a reality check. For a long time, I knew I could confidently refer them here, to this forum, where I myself found nurture and support and communion for some time.

I have also had email exchanges with Stack Jones. I knew that Stack was still angry, but so are many people. I was a little alarmed when Stack emailed me Lybbi's contact info, but I never would have expected what I've seen here. I just checked this forum closely for the first time in months.

Stack, if you're out there reading this, I still think of you as a good person and in the greater sense, as a friend. But the level of rage you have brought to this forum is frightening to me, and I am concerned that it must alienate many people who come here looking for some comfort and some reasonable conversation about what happened, and to compare notes about how we've all processed the Seed, this terrible chapter of our lives, and how we have or have not put our lives back together over the years.

I have no judgment on anyone for remaining angry or still feeling injured. While I owe Greg an undying debt of gratitude for the forum, I disagree with what he said to someone about how they should get over something that happened 40 years ago. I don't think we are ever in a position to tell other people to "get over it" because really, we've all been hurt and injured in different ways. We're all suffering in different ways. That's how life is. And I think the deeper pain we're in, the  more rage we feel, and the more we believe that if we can get revenge it might  accomplish something.

So this is a call to Stack and anyone else who is hurting so much that they would desire revenge. I love you. I mean it. I'm so sorry you are hurting so deeply. But please understand that violent language and hateful words will not help you or anyone. Nor will an Art Barker suicide, or tormenting Lybbi or John Underwood . . . their pain will not alleviate yours. In fact, I want to assure you of something. They are in pain already. Really. Believe it. They have not escaped their "karma."

I want this to be a forum again where people can come and have rational--if heated--discussion. Where  people are essentially safe.

That's all. I'm typing this in an airport, about to board a plane. Gotta go. I wish  everyone reading this peace of heart and mind! Thanks again for the forum.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2009, 12:18:38 PM »
i hope it is frightening and alienating the kkkooks that support barfer.

they don't belong here.