Author Topic: RIP Christopher judge Groener, ASR Victim  (Read 3278 times)

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
RIP Christopher judge Groener, ASR Victim
« on: July 16, 2009, 12:09:28 PM »
RIP, Chris.

http://soberresources.blogspot.com/2007 ... chive.html

Chris is one of many ASR attendees who did not live past his early twenties.  He was only 19 when he passed.

SUWS and ASR team up to end another life much too early...

CHRISTOPHER JUDGE GROENER - age 19, of Norwalk, died suddenly December 24, 2006, at his home. The son of Bill and Anne Judge Groener, Christopher was born June 2, 1987 in Prince Frederick, Maryland and lived with his family in Norwalk since 1996.

Christopher attended Norwalk schools before enrolling in boarding school at The Academy at Swift River in Cummington, MA. Chris enthusiastically participated in Swift River's five week service project in the Costa Rican rain forest during 2004. This unique experience affected him greatly and he was joined in Puerto Jimenez by his parents for a brief visit. Prior to attending ASR, Chris underwent rigorous outdoor survival training at SUWS of the Carolinas.

In addition to his parents, Christopher is survived by his sister, Kate Groener of Norwalk, a student at Notre Dame High School in Fairfield and his maternal grandmother Ella Judge of Westchester, PA. He leaves behind many aunts, uncles and cousins on both the east and west coasts. Christopher was predeceased by his grandparents Charles Judge and Marshall and Marcella Groener.

Christopher is also survived by his vast extended family, including his birth mother, Dawn Davidson and her son Patrick Davidson, of Conway, South Carolina, his birth father, Jeff Fossett of Owings, Maryland, as well as his birth grandparents Kathleen and George Post of Dunkirk, Maryland and Wayne and Marcie Fossett of Owings, Maryland.

In Norwalk, Chris leaves behind his son Mason Lee Drury and Mason's mother Megan Rose Drury.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Re: RIP Christopher judge Groener, ASR Victim
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 12:38:09 PM »
Christopher attended Norwalk schools before enrolling in boarding school at The Academy at Swift River in Cummington, MA. Chris enthusiastically participated in Swift River's five week service project in the Costa Rican rain forest during 2004. This unique experience affected him greatly and he was joined in Puerto Jimenez by his parents for a brief visit. Prior to attending ASR, Chris underwent rigorous outdoor survival training at SUWS of the Carolinas.

Not sure why they stopped the Costa Rica portion of the program.  This was really great for the kids and taught team building and giving back to the community.  Each peer group was assigned a project they would work on to help the local cummunity.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Re: RIP Christopher Judge Groener, ASR Victim
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 12:40:30 PM »
It appears they should stop ASR entirely.  Going to ASR has a high correlation with ending up dead by 25.  This thread is for this dead child, not musings about ASR's involuntary, abusive, clinically unsound practices.
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 12:50:18 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
It appears they should stop ASR entirely.  Going to ASR has a high correlation with ending up dead by 25.  This thread is for this dead child, not musings about ASR's involuntary, abusive, clinically unsound practices.

I think I got Brucie mad here on the thread again.  Everytime he loses an argument or I corner him it seems he takes it out by posting anti - ASR threads.  But I thought my name was John and had a son at HLA !!!...  Ha,Ha,Ha,  whoops...you forgot to keep your story straight.

If it helps I will be Peter, John, Alan and thewho.... so we need some more anti HLA threads with kids who died... lets get to work.... I'll check back later.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 12:54:17 PM »

This thread is not about you, TheWho.  It's about a dead child who was a victim of ASR.  Don't you think it a bit gauche to be laughing at dead kids?   Grow up.  Not everything is about you.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 01:13:53 PM »
So out of 1,000 or so at-risk kids which graduated from ASR only 3 have died?

Thats a 99.7 % success rate.  Whoever mentioned high correletion was right.  I never knew they were that good.  I always believed they experienced a lttle better than average but that is really good.

Lets take a look at HLA's success rate.  Anyone have a tally of kids who died post program?

Maybe we could rate schools on how successful they are via post graduates...  ASR would be at or near the top...SUWS and HLA would be close also.  My local highschool would be very low.. seems every month we hear about some teen dieing from an overdose or car crash DUI.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 01:37:19 PM »

This thread is not about you, TheWho.  It's about a dead child who was a victim of ASR.  Don't you think it a bit gauche to be laughing at dead kids?   Grow up.  Not everything is about you.

Again, this thread is not about you, TheWho.  Please start another thread if you want to start posting your 'matrix' again.  This thread is about a kid who needed help but got ASR instead and now he's gone and never coming back.  I undestand you believe 'some dead kids' is OK and 'part of the process' but many believe even one dead kid is too many.  Please take your mental illness to another thread and enjoy yourself there.  Please stop disrespecting the dead.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2009, 08:48:41 AM »
RIP, Chris.

http://soberresources.blogspot.com/2007 ... chive.html

Chris is one of many ASR attendees who did not live past his early twenties.  He was only 19 when he passed.

SUWS and ASR team up to end another life much too early...

CHRISTOPHER JUDGE GROENER - age 19, of Norwalk, died suddenly December 24, 2006, at his home. The son of Bill and Anne Judge Groener, Christopher was born June 2, 1987 in Prince Frederick, Maryland and lived with his family in Norwalk since 1996.

In addition to his parents, Christopher is survived by his sister, Kate Groener of Norwalk, a student at Notre Dame High School in Fairfield and his maternal grandmother Ella Judge of Westchester, PA. He leaves behind many aunts, uncles and cousins on both the east and west coasts. Christopher was predeceased by his grandparents Charles Judge and Marshall and Marcella Groener.

Christopher is also survived by his vast extended family, including his birth mother, Dawn Davidson and her son Patrick Davidson, of Conway, South Carolina, his birth father, Jeff Fossett of Owings, Maryland, as well as his birth grandparents Kathleen and George Post of Dunkirk, Maryland and Wayne and Marcie Fossett of Owings, Maryland.

In Norwalk, Chris leaves behind his son Mason Lee Drury and Mason's mother Megan Rose Drury.

:peace:  ASR let you down, Chris.  They don't help addicts.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2009, 09:32:18 AM »

I think I got Brucie mad here on the thread again.  Everytime he loses an argument or I corner him it seems he takes it out by posting anti - ASR threads.  But I thought my name was John and had a son at HLA !!!...  Ha,Ha,Ha,  whoops...you forgot to keep your story straight.

If it helps I will be Peter, John, Alan and thewho.... so we need some more anti HLA threads with kids who died... lets get to work.... I'll check back later.
be all of that in your own thread  RIP Christopher Judge Groener, ASR Victim

Offline Kgroener

• View Profile
RIP Christopher judge Groener
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 03:59:37 AM »
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 07:22:43 AM by Kgroener »

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
Re: RIP Christopher judge Groener
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 04:37:51 AM »
Quote from: "Kgroener"
All of you should mind your business. None of you know my brother or know how ASR affected him.

Maybe you should read the date on the last post. July 2009? Seems to me that everyone has been pretty much "minding their own buisness"
Just sayin'
?©?€~¥@

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: RIP Christopher judge Groener
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2011, 03:18:13 PM »
Quote from: "Kgroener"
All of you should mind your business. None of you know my brother or know how ASR affected him.
Perhaps not, Kate, if that is who you are. But... ya never know who might find this thread after all these years, eh?

Nevertheless, whether or not they knew him, there are people who experienced — or who know someone who experienced — Academy at Swift River who also frequent these threads. And/or places like ASR. And/or they're simply interested (or invested) in the troubled teen industry, and wish to comment on the effects of and influence on kids and their families that it appears to have ... one way or the other.

All that said, I am truly sorry about your loss, and I wish you the best. :peace:
-------------- • -------------- • --------------