Author Topic: RIP David J. Chalmers, ASR Victim  (Read 3642 times)

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
RIP David J. Chalmers, ASR Victim
« on: July 16, 2009, 11:50:14 AM »
http://www.legacy.com/TimesUnion-Albany ... D=98741628

Man!  There are so many kids that went to ASR that end up dead before 25.

RIP, David. :peace:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Re: RIP David J. Chalmers, ASR Victim
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 11:56:35 AM »
David is yet another victim of ASR's inability to treat addiction.  Instead of getting real treatment, David was placed at the Academy at Swift River, a behavior modification program with a long list of dead participants, where he did not receive the proper medical and sychologicalcare he needed.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cg ... d=23141592

Birth:  May 16, 1983
Death:  Nov. 26, 2007

David Julian Chalmers, 24, died Monday, November 26, 2007, ultimately succumbing to the addictive disorders that plagued him daily for over half of his lifetime. "Dave" was born on May 16, 1983 in rural Western Kentucky; moving to Ballston Lake, N.Y. at the age of 4. Dave was a joyful youngster and we're sure it is his wish that we all remember him as the kind hearted and carefree boy that he was during these early childhood years on Wood Dale Drive, where he spent summers at Camp Chingachgook and swam in the Country Knolls pool. Dave continued to enjoy many outdoor activities - especially fishing, golfing, skiing, and snowboarding. He enjoyed watching Yankee baseball with his father and their yearly trips to the stadium. Dave attended both Shenendehowa High School and the LaSalle Institute in Troy where he was selected a member in the National Junior Honor Society of secondary school. He graduated high school with honors from the Academy at Swift River therapeutic boarding school in Cummings, Mass. If his happiest days were as a youngster, his finest were serving in Costa Rica on a reforestation conservation project while at the Academy at Swift River in 2001. At the time of his death, Dave was actively involved in an addiction recovery process. He was dearly beloved by his family and will never be forgotten by those who watched his struggles - his parents, Paul and Susan; his brother, Mark; sister, Anne; friend, Kurt Cummins; his grandmother, Janis Morgan; uncles, John and George; and Aunt Ellen. David loved his cousins - especially Nicholas and Anthony with whom he spent many playful afternoons, and his dog Bella. David had many friends at various phases throughout his life, and his family would like to thank all those who continued to reach out to him until the end - especially Kurt for his selfless devotion. All are invited to attend calling hours on Friday from 4-8 p.m. at the Bowen Funeral Home, 97 Old Loudon Road in Latham. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Saturday at 10:00 a.m. at St. Pius the X Church, 23 Crumitie Road in Loudonville. Interment will follow in Albany Rural Cemetery, Menands. Contributions may be made to Equinox, 95 Central Avenue, Albany, NY 12206 in memory of David J. Chalmers. Condolence book and directions at www.bowenfuneralhome.com "Rest in peace dear one. May the Lord our God take you into his heart."
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 12:00:51 PM »
http://soberresources.blogspot.com/2007 ... chive.html

David, sadly, took his own life, as several other ASR attendees have.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 12:41:59 PM »
Birth:  May 16, 1983
Death:  Nov. 26, 2007

David Julian Chalmers, 24, died Monday, November 26, 2007, ultimately succumbing to the addictive disorders that plagued him daily for over half of his lifetime. "Dave" was born on May 16, 1983 in rural Western Kentucky; moving to Ballston Lake, N.Y. at the age of 4. Dave was a joyful youngster and we're sure it is his wish that we all remember him as the kind hearted and carefree boy that he was during these early childhood years on Wood Dale Drive, where he spent summers at Camp Chingachgook and swam in the Country Knolls pool. Dave continued to enjoy many outdoor activities - especially fishing, golfing, skiing, and snowboarding. He enjoyed watching Yankee baseball with his father and their yearly trips to the stadium. Dave attended both Shenendehowa High School and the LaSalle Institute in Troy where he was selected a member in the National Junior Honor Society of secondary school. He graduated high school with honors from the Academy at Swift River therapeutic boarding school in Cummings, Mass. If his happiest days were as a youngster, his finest were serving in Costa Rica on a reforestation conservation project while at the Academy at Swift River in 2001. At the time of his death, Dave was actively involved in an addiction recovery process. He was dearly beloved by his family and will never be forgotten by those who watched his struggles - his parents, Paul and Susan; his brother, Mark; sister, Anne; friend, Kurt Cummins; his grandmother, Janis Morgan; uncles, John and George; and Aunt Ellen. David loved his cousins - especially Nicholas and Anthony with whom he spent many playful afternoons, and his dog Bella. David had many friends at various phases throughout his life, and his family would like to thank all those who continued to reach out to him until the end - especially Kurt for his selfless devotion. All are invited to attend calling hours on Friday from 4-8 p.m. at the Bowen Funeral Home, 97 Old Loudon Road in Latham. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Saturday at 10:00 a.m. at St. Pius the X Church, 23 Crumitie Road in Loudonville. Interment will follow in Albany Rural Cemetery, Menands. Contributions may be made to Equinox, 95 Central Avenue, Albany, NY 12206 in memory of David J. Chalmers. Condolence book and directions at http://www.bowenfuneralhome.com "Rest in peace dear one. May the Lord our God take you into his heart."

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 12:50:32 PM »
It's sad that however ASR tries to spin a kid's experience there, the common denomenator seems to be they end up dead.  RIP, son.  ASR failed to help you and it cost you your life.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 01:00:17 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
It's sad that however ASR tries to spin a kid's experience there, the common denomenator seems to be they end up dead.  RIP, son.  ASR failed to help you and it cost you your life.

Oh,come on!!!  Step it up!!!  thousands of kids have graduated from ASR and all you can find are 3 kids... you are pathetic , I tell you!!  Why...Why,Why I lost that many kids in my highschool class alone... you can do better than that... you are suppose to make ASR look bad not look successful.  Where are all the dead kids?  Oh wait.. they are all recovered and moved on to college..... how else can we get back at John/Peter for disagreeing with me.

Why not start a list of kids who died post HLA?  or I guess that wouldnt be too impressive either.  Hmmmm  ... think of something.. I'll be bacl.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 01:15:41 PM »
.you people are absolutely disgusting that you use David's death to make some point you may have but you never knew him.  You never knew how much he loved others and how much they loved him.  I was his friend and i loved him dearly and he told me more than once he loved his time at Swift River and so stop using him to make your point you sleazy..........

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 01:25:57 PM »
http://soberresources.blogspot.com/2007_12_01_archive.html

Please ignore the trolling of TheWho.  He thinks dead kids are funny.  He also thinks that some deaths are just collateral damage of the "help."  But this is not about him.  It's about this young man who needed help, but got ASR instead.  Now he's dead.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2009, 01:34:27 PM »
So out of 1,000 or so at-risk kids which graduated from ASR only 3 have died?

Thats a 99.7 % success rate. Whoever mentioned high correletion was right. I never knew they were that good. I always believed they experienced a lttle better than average but that is really good.

Lets take a look at HLA's success rate. Anyone have a tally of kids who died post program?

Maybe we could rate schools on how successful they are via post graduates... ASR would be at or near the top...SUWS and HLA would be close also. My local highschool would be very low.. seems every month we hear about some teen dieing from an overdose or car crash DUI.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2009, 01:39:05 PM »

Please ignore the trolling of TheWho.  He thinks dead kids are funny.  He also thinks that some deaths are just collateral damage of the "help."  But this is not about him.  It's about this young man who needed help, but got ASR instead.  Now he's dead.

This is the topic of this thread.  If you want to discuss something other than this kids completely avoidable demise, please be respectful and start your own thread.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2009, 01:44:06 PM »

This is the topic of this thread.  If you want to discuss something other than this kids completely avoidable demise, please be respectful and start your own thread.

Pleeeeeeeease,  Dont bring up statistics with thewho.  We dont do well when faced with facts.  Lets stick with what we do well and that is decption and mis information.  Lets post an obituary and try to make it seems like all kids who enter a program die.  Thats the best we can do right now...  no facts, got it!!

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2009, 01:59:07 PM »
Are you denying that it is fact that this young man is dead?  I guess you should read the obituary.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2009, 02:19:30 PM »
Are you denying that it is fact that this young man is dead?  I guess you should read the obituary.

No that is a fact.  Just stick with the single event because when we compare it to all the graudates it makes our cause look bad.  See one death seems awlful ....but compared with how many graduated and the overall success rate of 99.7% it shows ASR to be very successful.  Especially when places like AA see only a 6% success rate.

See what I mean?

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2009, 02:31:16 PM »
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2009, 02:36:19 PM »
How About These Stats?

You forgot to mention Sunday night is random rape night and the multiple sex acts with children are held on wednesdays. I would check with the school on that because they change it with each peer group. You dont want to show up unannounced on the wrong night.