Author Topic: cunts  (Read 2644 times)

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: cunts
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2009, 08:57:11 PM »
I guess I haven't been as perturbed about this dog-training organization as some others here have. I've the sneaking suspicion that it has some pretty conservative backers, but if there is some dirt, it is probably connected to it or hidden by it, rather than integral to it per se. That's not to say that that is all there is, just that I haven't looked into it deeply enough to draw a definitive conclusion.

However... I do find it curious that Libby has ended up as a dog trainer, and not an orchid grower, eBay seller, antiques auctioneer or what have you. It would appear that Libby has been rehearsing for this role throughout all of her years with the Seed, and I must thank Guest for bringing that very nice article to my attention. Here are a few nuggets of pertinent psychological wisdom that I am sure Libby has been making good use of for quite some time. I took the liberty of substituting the words "teenagers" in place of "dogs."

Teenagers are guided by principles of pack law, and they expect their leader to act in a certain way.
Teenagers instinctually crave leadership and are keenly attuned to the discipline associated with it.
Teenagers must learn who is in charge in a way they understand. Remember, teenagers are pack animals, and in a pack, rules and hierarchy are the cornerstones of a happy, secure, and stable family.

This is, of course, an incredibly crude and simplistic approach to dealing with teenagers, drug problems or not. Moreover, while most teens are certainly going through an extremely peer-conscious stage of their life, this is hardly the same thing as being "pack animals."

Let's hope, for the sake of the dogs, that Libby doesn't employ the methods she used on human beings to make them conform and behave "appropriately," else she might be fined (or worse) by the SPCA!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2009, 09:12:46 PM »
Now that you bring that up there probably are many connections that can be made between modifying the behavior in dogs and humans. I think there was a movie about this once where someone used a dog manual for their husband,  it was pretty funny.  But I can see how a survivor may not want to train a dog knowing it entails many of the processes that were used in the program.  I just feel sorry for the dogs that dont get the benifit of training.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2009, 09:26:28 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Now that you bring that up there probably are many connections that can be made between modifying the behavior in dogs and humans. I think there was a movie about this once where someone used a dog manual for their husband,  it was pretty funny.  But I can see how a survivor may not want to train a dog knowing it entails many of the processes that were used in the program.  I just feel sorry for the dogs that dont get the benifit of training.

One could say that being the focus of Group is a little like being a rabbit torn to shreds by a pack of bloodthirsty dogs.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
DOGS RULE
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2009, 10:55:21 PM »
I feel sorry for any  dogs ( or any creatures at all )that are used to benefit any human. I hold animals in a higher level then humans any day.