Author Topic: Telos RTC  (Read 3364 times)

Offline ALalles

• View Profile
Telos RTC
« on: May 31, 2009, 04:14:55 AM »
Does anyone have any information on Telos RTC? Located in Orem, Utah. I did a search on Fornits and didn't find much, also checked out their website http://www.telosrtc.com
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Telos RTC
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 08:36:43 AM »
The fact that it is in Utah ought to make anyone want to run away from the place screaming in terror.

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
Re: Telos RTC
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 05:16:25 AM »
Well, I did put Paulu on the assignment of finding more info about this specific program. It wasn't much he could put on the datasheet.

They use a phase system, but the information don't speak of privileges connected to each phase.

There are a number of consequences the facility can use and they are listed on the datasheet.

It is generally a combination of worksheets, chores and restrictions including so-called speaking-bans.

It is stated that the teenager will be kicked out of the program if he manage to run away and stay away for 72 hours. Because all the staff seems to be involved in triathlon, the teenager has to be in shape to do that.

It is after having looked at many programs not the most restricted program. Oddly enough the survivor group is not plastered with teenagers angry over lost years. Maybe it is because the heavy costs (440 dollars per day) is for once used on some benefits for the detained teens. I mailed with Covergaard yesterday and one benefit with triathlon training is that you are alone on the road when you are running and biking (He is both a former marathon runner and Ironman). So maybe the training allows the teens to relax enough from the demanding therapists and the torment from program generally so they can manage the program without being damaged too much.

If I should put my fingers down on something it is the family component and the program in general.

In a video on the homepage a mom tells it as the boys were in a cocoon sheltered from the evilness of the world. That outlines programs in general and do also tell why there is a huge chance that the money is wasted. If the teenager doesn't mature on his own during the program while being warehoused it really becomes a costly outpatient experience for the family only. With only few runaways in a relative open program where they could bike away during training, it is a very fine warehouse compared too most programs, but it is still a warehouse. The teenager will have a hard time adapting to the world once released and that is properly why they earn a few bucks on a transition program.

Second a family component that allows a family to see their relative with an interval of 10 weeks has nothing with family to do. Families should be able to visit more often. Second when they use restriction on communication as punishment it destroys the family component totally.