Author Topic: 10 residential treatment centers  (Read 6525 times)

Offline lyrad922

• View Profile
Re: 10 residential treatment centers
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2009, 05:06:19 PM »
Chuck Kanner FKA Joseph Katz went to DeSisto and now runs Sarasota Community School. We had a terrible experience there - does anyone have additional information.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline iamartsy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2009, 04:42:08 AM »
Anya,

Are you in NYC and do you have insurance. If you do there are outpatient options. Stay the heck away from a inpatient facilities. Where did this case worker come from (CPS?). Are you considered a "person in need of supervision"? How did this come about? Do get a lawyer and contact ASTART, immediately. While facilities are supposed to allow contact; in reality they don't. If for some reason you get sent in before your next post, take a roll of quarters or a phone card. Sneak it in if you have to. That is the only way to use the phone and report an offense.

You guys am I giving good advice? Educational consultants are in no way social workers or case managers. They can be anyone. A social worker, on the other hand, goes through a great deal of eduction, internships, and state testing. Then there is additional supervision and more testing. Kickbacks are unethical and grounds for license revocation.

If these guys agree with what i am saying, then stay in touch with me. I think Psy is most knowledgeable. I used to live on the island and in the city. Unfortunately, a PINs can change everything so post again and let us know your situation.

IAmArtsy

Offline iamartsy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2009, 04:51:51 AM »
Anya,
PM me if need be. Or hit the email button. Please drop me a line if my questions are overwhelming. Take care. Artsy