Author Topic: CEDUWATCH updated list  (Read 24428 times)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
CEDUWATCH updated list
« on: April 17, 2009, 03:26:58 AM »
Tier 1- Direct linage to CEDU via Ex-Cedu employees or Students

Duckfarm------------------------Founded by-------------------------------current ex-CEDU employees/Residents

Benchmark                         Jane Longnecker                                  Joesph Powell
Monarch                                                                                        Tim Earle
Carlbrook                             Tim Brace                                          Tim Brace
Ventures                                Steve Rookey                                   Steve Rookey
Northwest Academy               RMA/Redux                                      
Aspen Swift River                  Rudy  Bentz  
Transitions of Galveston    
Island

Tier 2- Founders have worked at programs and have had some exposure to CEDU methodology, but are not ex-cedu employees or students.

Aspen Achievement Academy   - A couple of the founders came from ASR..                            

Help me out folks.. I'm consider turning this into something larger if I can get some hosting resources behind it. Just add to the list and feel free to correct any mistakes I've made.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: CEDUWATCH updated list
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 03:29:02 AM »

Duckfarm------------------------Founded by-------------------------------current ex-CEDU employees/Residents

Benchmark Jane Longnecker Joesph Powell
Monarch Tim Earle
Carlbrook Tim Brace Tim Brace
Ventures------------------------ Steve Rookey ------------------------Steve Rookey
Northwest Academy------------ RMA/Redux
Aspen Swift River-------------- Rudy Bentz
Transitions of Galveston
Island

Tier 2- Founders have worked at programs and have had some exposure to CEDU methodology, but are not ex-cedu employees or students.

Aspen Achievement Academy -------- A couple of the founders came from ASR..

Help me out folks.. I'm consider turning this into something larger if I can get some hosting resources behind it. Just add to the list and feel free to correct any mistakes I've made.

Not being able to edit posts really pisses me off.. edited for spacing.

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 05:04:38 AM »
I will see to that the CEDU spin-off category on the wiki is updated ASAP.

I did not see Innercept on the list

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 09:09:30 AM »

Duckfarm------------------------Founded by or with the help of -------------------------------current ex-CEDU employees/Residents

Benchmark ----------------------Jane Longnecker ---------------------Joesph Powell- Paul Ornaeles(?)
Monarch -------------------------Tim Earle, Steve Rookey-------------------Tim Earle and ?
Carlbrook------------------------Tim Brace -------------------------------Tim Brace and ?
Ventures------------------------ Steve Rookey ------------------------Steve Rookey
Northwest Academy------------ RMA/Redux
Aspen Swift River-------------- Rudy Bentz
Transitions of Galveston    (Phasing out http://http://www.strugglingteens.com/artman/publish/TransitionsGalvestonBN_080706.shtml)
Island
Echo Springs-----------------------Doug Kim Brown-------------------Doug Kim Brown  (Please check for others http://www.echo-springs.com/home_staff.html[/urlAscent                                                                                                               (confirmation needed [url]http://www.ascent4teens.com/staff.htm)

Aspen Achievement Academy -------- A couple of the founders came from ASR..

Offline lil_thespian

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 08:23:28 PM »
Woa! Wait.. so this tim rice guy worked at the awful Rocky Mountain Academy and now they're letting him work as headmaster at Carlbrook!? That can't be right...

Offline lil_thespian

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 08:25:11 PM »
oops typo! I meant Tim Brace**

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2009, 08:34:55 PM »
Quote from: "lil_thespian"
Woa! Wait.. so this tim rice guy worked at the awful Rocky Mountain Academy and now they're letting him work as headmaster at Carlbrook!? That can't be right...

Tm Brace literally murdered kids. Search this forum, and se what you find.

Offline lil_thespian

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2009, 08:45:27 PM »
How does Carlbrook not know this? Why would they hire a man with such a record to be headmaster?

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2009, 09:12:47 PM »
How does Carlbrook not know this? Why would they hire a man with such a record to be headmaster?

They are obviously more than satisfied with Tim Brace's record. The real question to ask is: what does that tell you about Carlbrook?
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2009, 09:16:55 PM »

I’m pretty sure Brace started Carlbrook and runs it. CEDU was a cult. Cults regenerate and spread because individuals become indoctrinated in cultic relationships. It’s a bizarre and unnatural way to relate to another being and once you start doing it, it's hard for many to live any other way. Also, particularly in these "torture"-cults (cults that focus on torturing captive young people into "believing") the individual engages in intense levels of sadism and domination, and there are millions to be made in these torture-cults. That money and lifestyle is attractive to a lot of people. So they leave the base cult and start their own division. CEDU was a division of Synanon, and Carlbrook is a division of CEDU.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2009, 09:22:00 PM »
When CEDU went out of business due to lawsuits, the staff scattered to the winds much like rats on a sinking ship or cockroaches with the lights on.  Predictably, they set up their own little clones, which is where Aspen schools, Carlbrook, Benchmark, and the like came from...  and the apple didn't fall too far from the tree.  They changed the names of things so it wouldn't sound similar, but sure enough, shit sandwich by any other name...  Propheets became "Workshops" or "Lifestep Seminars" and so forth.  Each program has a different name but the practices are generally the same with a few relatively minor modifications.

Eventually, in time, as I predict will soon happen with MBA and Benchmark, the shitholes will get sued and/or shut down and the cycle will repeat itself, as it has done in the past.  These places spread like cancer.  Fucked up thing is the staff who start these places (at least the newer generations) truly think they're helping the kids and that they have the one true way to save kids lives.  They're that indoctrinated (sure the mountains of money help too).  Staff go through the workshops too, and live day in and day out around people who share their same kooky belief system (or at least don't contradict it).  After a while, they can't think outside the group.  Their whole life becomes the program, and they can't survive without it, which is why they need to recreate it when they leave.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline lil_thespian

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2009, 09:57:35 PM »
so there's no chance whatsoever that carlbrook is different than these other schools?

It has been confirmed that this Tim Brace guy is there and his methods are still in full swing just under different names.. different lingo put into play...?

Is there any chance that Carlbrook could just honestly be a decent disciplinary school that helps kids...?

I went to their main webpage.. all of the kids look really happy in the pictures.. It's the nicest looking brainwashing facility I've ever seen.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2009, 10:11:57 PM »
There is a bit of controversy over Tim  Brace's methods. Some students swear by the guy and others say he's a fruitcake. Personally, the whole thing to me seems like the difference saying the word fuck in English and the word fuck in Chinese. Same word, different langauge, different sound, different intonation, and different cultural context.

But in the end it is still the word fuck.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2009, 10:19:22 PM »
Quote from: "Che Gookin"

Benchmark                         Jane Longnecker                                  Joesph Powell
Monarch                                                                                        Tim Earle
Carlbrook                             Tim Brace                                          Tim Brace
Ventures                                Steve Rookey                                   Steve Rookey
Northwest Academy               RMA/Redux                                      
Aspen Swift River                  Rudy  Bentz  
Transitions of Galveston    
Island

Aspen Achievement Academy   - A couple of the founders came from ASR..                            

What about people from Running Springs?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2009, 10:29:08 PM »
Quote from: lil_thespian
so there's no chance whatsoever that carlbrook is different than these other schools?

It has been confirmed that this Tim Brace guy is there and his methods are still in full swing just under different names.. different lingo put into play...?

Is there any chance that Carlbrook could just honestly be a decent disciplinary school that helps kids...?

Whatever the controversy over what goes on inside Carlbrook, what is incontrovertible is that is abducts and holds young adults captive without due process or habeas corpus upon their guardians’ wishes. So, that in itself means that Tim Brace is a criminal and violator of human souls and destroyer of lives. All of these places “look” nice.