Author Topic: Teen Challenge Kansas City MO  (Read 2762 times)

Offline Benman

• View Profile
Teen Challenge Kansas City MO
« on: April 06, 2009, 07:45:32 PM »
Does anyone have any information about Teen Challenge in Kansas city MO?  

My X put our daughter there against my wishes in Sept and now she ran away with another girl.  The director keeps giving me conflicting information.  He didn't even inform my X until my kid had been gone for hours.  He didn't even file a Missing Persons Report!!  

I'm just looking for some information in order to leverage information out of him.  

Thanks for your help

Ben
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Teen Challenge Kansas City MO
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 09:33:13 PM »
Seriously dude.. consider your daughter one of the lucky ones. Make the attempt to get in contact with her before the police of your ex does. Help her get out of town and set her up on the sly somewhere till she turns 18.

I'd say screw leverage at this point and go for getting her way out of town.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 09:15:06 PM »
My daughter is currently at teen challenge. I put her there since she was headed on a path of destruction. She has been there 9 months.
I thank God for helping me make  a very difficult decision. Today my daughter thanks me for placing her there. She turned 18  in July  and had the choice to leave at 18 and made the choice to stay. The program speaks for itself. My daughter went from running away from home, drinking, cutting, and suicide.
Today she is full of hope and God is restoring all. Its the parents who care about their daughters that will do what ever it takes for intervention.
I know my daughter is safe ,off the streets and getting  help and finishing school to have a sucessful future.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 08:07:18 AM »
I am the director of the Teen Challenge Kansas City Girls Home.  I can tell you that Ben has never had a daughter at our center and the run away incident and phone calls he talks about never happen.  I have always been open and honest with all of our parents.  In this case, it is someone who wants to make our center look bad, but has never had anything to do with us.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 11:01:42 PM »
In regards to the directors statement this is the truth. My daughter went to the director at 18 to let him  know she wanted to leave. He told her to pray about it since she was of age. Of course I was fearful because she needed to continue working through her healing. At that time she was 6 months into the program. I was assured by her counselor at Teen Challenge, and the director there would need to be a safe plan in place and transportation and conversation with me
before she left the center. Needless to say my daughter made the right decision to stay. Teenager's think by turning 18  something magical happens  but her decision to stay is a investment so she can have a successful future. The director has always been up front along with the staff at Teen Challenge. Another thing I know is if my daughter was not working the program they would not waste their time nor my money and ask me to come and get her, or make other plans for her.