Author Topic: Giving Support without Looking like a Cult - 101  (Read 706 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Giving Support without Looking like a Cult - 101
« on: March 09, 2009, 03:00:38 PM »
AARC & THE FIFTH ESTATE, WE GRADS STAND BY AARC AND DR. VAUSE!!!!

I've seen a number of people expressing their willingness to "die on the hill" for AARC. This is great, and much appreciated I'm sure. There are a few things you should remember while you're "going to war" for the good guys:

-Rambling off 110% undying support for ANYthing is not a good idea. It makes you look very stupid and it makes you an easy target for anyone who believes AARC is a cult. You can do more harm than good.

-You're being observed by people with ZERO familiarity with the program, people who don't know anything about addiction, people who believe addiction doesn't exist and people who believe in harm reduction. Therefore, if you aren't qualified to speak on a subject, don't. If you do not possess the proper information to conclude a debate in a successful fashion, do not get into the debate.

-Just because you're passionate and emotional, doesn't mean you need to carry the burden of defending something in an emotional manner. This never and will never work. Clear and concise thinking will always reward a person if their beliefs and values are being held to ridicule.

-AARC is not perfect, they know that and have made revisions to the program that reflect their willingness to change and/or evolve.

^This means that you're probably the only one saying that the organization can do no wrong. If you claim to be representing the program, you've just made a good lot of people look like a bunch of over-emotional occult idiots who lack intellect and the proper tact to address questions coming from the general public.

Basically, if you cannot back up your statements with fact and examples, I might suggest sitting out of any debates regarding AARC altogether. You may just end up giving more ammunition to the camp who wants AARC to close.

I've yet to see any of those people make a valid arguement when they've been forced to reconcile with someone who knows the program inside and out.. they usually resort to threats, ad-hominem attacks and lies.

Let them lie. Each and every one of you who's lives have changed for the better as a result of AARC is it's success story and there is no denying it.

There are more of us that support AARC than not. Lets think a little bit before we declare our undying love in an open forum.

-Josh
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Giving Support without Looking like a Cult - 101
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 03:09:54 PM »
“I don't think he even realizes his potential and he's having a lot of fun doing it.” - Jim Jones
“As you can see, we've been there quite a bit. The numbers speak for themselves.” - Jim Jones
“A lot of people are tired around here, but I'm not sure they're ready to lie down, stretch out and fall asleep.” - Jim Jones

"Don't Drink The Kool-Aid!" - Everyone Else!!!!!

:peace: Fly away Dove, Fly away!

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 05:43:13 PM »
"I'm tired of being tormented to hell, that's what I'm tired of." - Jim Jones

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 06:32:26 PM »
But it is a cult.  There is no rational way to defend many of AARC's practices.  This is why AARC supporters can do nothing but resort to...  well exactly what you accuse use of doing.

Even Dr. (not a doctor) Dean Vause did little more to respond to AARC's allegations than attack Rachel personally.  He was given an opportunity by the CBC to tell his side of the story but refused.  That tells me that he knows much of what goes on at AARC is indefensible.

Come on.  If AARC had nothing to hide and everything was on the level, why wouldn't Dean Vause have simply consented to an interview with the CBC and answered some (probably tough) questions.  Instead, he had his supporters speak for him in the only way they know how ("bla bla bla...  the program saved my life..   bal bal bla ..  without the program i would be deadinsaninjail ... bla bla bla... dean vause is the messiah and i would do anything for him.")  It's anecdotal evidence and opinion.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 10:34:59 AM »

I've seen a number of people expressing their willingness to "die on the hill" for AARC. This is great, and much appreciated I'm sure. There are a few things you should remember while you're "going to war" for the good guys:

-Rambling off 110% undying support for ANYthing is not a good idea. It makes you look very stupid and it makes you an easy target for anyone who believes AARC is a cult. You can do more harm than good.

-You're being observed by people with ZERO familiarity with the program, people who don't know anything about addiction, people who believe addiction doesn't exist and people who believe in harm reduction. Therefore, if you aren't qualified to speak on a subject, don't. If you do not possess the proper information to conclude a debate in a successful fashion, do not get into the debate.

-Just because you're passionate and emotional, doesn't mean you need to carry the burden of defending something in an emotional manner. This never and will never work. Clear and concise thinking will always reward a person if their beliefs and values are being held to ridicule.

-AARC is not perfect, they know that and have made revisions to the program that reflect their willingness to change and/or evolve.

^This means that you're probably the only one saying that the organization can do no wrong. If you claim to be representing the program, you've just made a good lot of people look like a bunch of over-emotional occult idiots who lack intellect and the proper tact to address questions coming from the general public.

Basically, if you cannot back up your statements with fact and examples, I might suggest sitting out of any debates regarding AARC altogether. You may just end up giving more ammunition to the camp who wants AARC to close.

I've yet to see any of those people make a valid arguement when they've been forced to reconcile with someone who knows the program inside and out.. they usually resort to threats, ad-hominem attacks and lies.

Let them lie. Each and every one of you who's lives have changed for the better as a result of AARC is it's success story and there is no denying it.

There are more of us that support AARC than not. Lets think a little bit before we declare our undying love in an open forum.

-Josh

:roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:

You don't even see it, do you?  Oh the IRONY!!!!!

:roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:

Wheeewwww!   Now that's funny right there, I don't care who ya are.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 11:21:43 AM »
Quote from: "Jus Say'n"

-Josh

Stand... Stand By Your Program,

Even while restrained and spiked with Haldol in your can,
Stand...Stand by your proooo-GRAAAAAAAAAMMMMMM!

Josh?  You wouldn't happen to be Josh Grobin, would you, or  just a similar loathsome asshole who shares the same first name by coincidence?

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 01:20:07 PM »
Josh has been posting in this forum for years.  He used to use his full name, as he's an avid narcissist.  He has posted under half a dozen names, and continues now only as a guest.  He used to claim that he had been in and out of AARC, no longer having anything to do with them, and that the claims about AARC being a cult were nonsense.  He in fact went in at about age 14, then years later came back as a  Peer Counselor.  He's a fully predatory thirteenth-stepper.  The Wiz is his surrogate father, having rewarded Joshy's loyalty by giving him access to lots of vulnerable female adolescents, and a position of authority over same.  To get a good idea of his character and demeanor, a good reference is A Clockwork Orange.  Joshy is a lot like Dim, the obsequious and cowardly oaf who goes from a criminal to a policeman, and is then able to give full vent to his petty and deviant penchant for bullying.  You can always pick him out, even when he posts anonymously, as he makes ham-fisted attempts to sound as though he's objectively weighing the pros and cons of AARC.  It was funny the first time, rather boring the next dozen or so.  

The funny thing about these culties is that they entirely lack the capacity to imagine an outsider's perspective. Think about this culties: If your program were scientifically proven to work, you wouldn't have to die on a hill for it.  It would be universally embraced in the medical community, and you wouldn't have had to change the name of it or claim that Dean Vause invented it.  You'd be able to bill Alberta Health directly, instead of acquiring money via charity drives dependent on infomercial-style testimonials, and false claims about the program's effectiveness.  You wouldn't have to depend on the corruption of people like Paddy Meade, you could simply bill for legitmate services.
But you can't, because the program is just Kids without Miller Newton, and Kids was a cult that existed by defrauding the government, charities and the families of clients.

Here's a photo of Joshy, Lyin' Brian Campbell and Gonewaydown Brown during boys rap:
http://thecia.com.au/reviews/c/images/c ... ange-0.jpg
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

MR. NELSON: Mr. Speaker, AADAC has been involved with
assistance in developing the program of the Alberta Adolescent
Recovery Centre since its inception originally as Kids of the
Canadian West."
Alberta Hansard, March 24, 1992