Author Topic: Darrington Academy Closed!  (Read 9870 times)

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
Darrington Academy Closed!
« on: February 17, 2009, 06:27:10 PM »
Just got some news today that as of Friday, January 13th Darrington Academy began transferring students to other facilities and Today there were several white vans outside the facility.

It is rumored that it has closed, and that the cause was an investigation that upturned evidence of abuse.

I don't have the full story but I have been told that the media is looking into it and there should be a more comprehensive report to come.

Personally I question if the economy is really to blame for the consecutive closures of WWASP affiliated facilities or do we have a group of child advocates to thank for this.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
[size=150]When Injustice Becomes Law
...Rebellion Becomes Duty...[/size]

[size=150]WHEN THE RAPTURE COMES
CAN I HAVE YOUR FLAT SCREEN?[/size]

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: Darrington Academy Closed!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 06:59:03 PM »
GAH-Leeeee. I wonder about that fantastic Thanksgiving dinner those poor sods were subjected to a couple of months ago. Maybe that wasn't enough, in and of itself (unless someone got a serious case of food poisoning). But perhaps it did end up helping...in setting up the scene for..."Final Straw" moments?
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline firstresponder

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 02:21:07 AM »
i have also heard all they are doing is transferring students so  they cant talk to investigators. i have not heard anything about a closing yet. ill have to look into it a little.
trained to save you ass not kiss it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 08:15:28 AM »
any news?

Offline Miss Antsy Pam

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 10:12:43 AM »
Quote from: "FemanonFatal2.0"
Just got some news today that as of Friday, January 13th Darrington Academy began transferring students to other facilities and Today there were several white vans outside the facility.

Personally I question if the economy is really to blame for the consecutive closures of WWASP affiliated facilities or do we have a group of child advocates to thank for this.

I was wondering the same thing Fem.  It could be a combination of both.  Personally, I would like to believe that "your voices" are finally being HEARD and that all the people that have been so willing to dedicate their time and efforts are starting to see the effects of the "Crusade"

Since I have joined the group in late 2008, there have already been rumored (and verified) closures of:

Tranquility Bay
Pathway Family Centers
Spring Creek Lodge
Royal Gorge Academy

...and now Darrington!

I don't really care "why" they shut down these facilities, just that they are closed!  The consistent and sustained pressure of "child advocacy groups" make all the claims of abuse that much harder to ignore by State and local authorties.

Everyone on Fornits or other sites should feel proud that all their time and efforts have not been wasted!  Things are happening and that is what we all have been striving for - be it from the economy or negative press...program schools are CLOSING!!!!
United we stand....divided....we fail!

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 10:41:09 AM »
Don't forget Hidden Lake Academy (closing) as well as quite a few random others.  The economy and pressure from critics is killing these programs.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 07:20:44 PM »
and Gulf Coast Academy too.

Ok update... I am awaiting a more comprehensive report but as of right now, Darrington is not closed, however many students are being transferred. I believe some to Midwest Academy.

I think this is just the beginning. Honestly I am of the opinion that our voices HAVE reached the right people and those people have had a helping hand  in these closures. There is a certain effort to keep anyone specific's involvement under wraps and I think that is smart at this stage of the game.

I also think that the "economy" is the cop out the programs are choosing to use in order to avoid having the reputation of residential treatment programs publically slandered. However I believe in time the truth will out last the lies and they will be brought down for good.

I think closing the schools is swell but I wont be happy until the people who operated these facilities are in jail. Thats the only way we can truly stop the abuse, to stop the abuser.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 01:16:21 PM »
Can you provide any proof? I'm not saying this to pick on you or be mean or whatever. I just hate getting my hopes up.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2009, 04:24:19 PM »
If the kids are being transferred to an equally abusive or worse program, I wouldn't cheer about much but I guess it creates publicity.

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2009, 06:25:32 PM »
Quote from: "Yael (Eshet Khever ha'Kinii)"
Can you provide any proof? I'm not saying this to pick on you or be mean or whatever. I just hate getting my hopes up.

Yes I do have proof, and as I said an offical report is on its way but for security reasons I have been asked to keep some information to myself.

there is a lot at play here, weather Darrington gets shut down or not there is still good work being done behind the scenes, and exposure that will prove this economy excuse to be bogus, YES.

I personally find the fact that the kids are being transfered a sign, not necessarily a good thing, just evidence that there is something going down here and more to come.

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2009, 06:23:32 PM »
Talked to a few DA survivors and former staff today, that have all CONFIRMED that Darrington Academy has been closed.

They have also said that there is an investigation and some employees are underfire for how the program was operated.

Economy my ass folks, this is the day of reckoning.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2009, 06:54:39 PM »
Crazy TB parent, Ralexa, reports it's closed down as well:

http://www.topix.net/forum/source/wish/ ... R/post1158

She claims "financial difficulties"... but whatever...
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2009, 07:07:37 PM »
A survivor told me today that Rich Darrington (or whoever Mr. D. is) punched a kid in the face and knocked out 5 teeth.

as usual the parents just dont have a clue.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2009, 07:22:49 AM »
A survivor told me today that Rich Darrington (or whoever Mr. D. is) punched a kid in the face and knocked out 5 teeth.

are there any ongoing investigations?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2009, 12:06:14 AM »

i dont understand why you and others are ragging on whats gone on with Darrington Academy, Ive been a student there for the past two years up until the shutting down took place.  Mr.D does not abuse kids, neither does the rest of the staff. Im sorry its not the exaggerated story people would rather know but seriously get your facts straight, people say the most dishonest things to get what they immediately want.  why sell out to the gossip when you could be knowledgeable of reality.

brainwashing and abuse...  bullshit...if brainwashing means me changing into a better and more confident and caring for myself then i would be so, but in what a way is that a horrid thing. A lot of people never get the chance to grow like we were given the opportunity to do, i literally would have been fucked up on some street corner or raped in jail or most off DEAD without ever seeing how mcuh ive been worth in the life of mine and my families.[/size][/color]