Author Topic: Wes Fager  (Read 7218 times)

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Re: Wes Fager
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2009, 12:45:44 PM »
I am so saddened by this news.  Wes was a sweet soul and a constant source of support to so many.  He won't be forgotten.  My thoughts are with his family.

:peace:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2009, 05:54:07 PM »
Wes was a good man! He will be missed! He was a sincere and nobel man! He fought to let the world know what we all suffered through. May he rest in peace and his family be strong during this difficult time. Thanks Wes! Sincerely! Thanks!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2009, 01:50:08 AM »
God bless Wes Fager for all he has done.  When I first found his website, 15 years after my Straight ordeal, I read it for 3 days straight and cried damn near the whole time.  After all the years of blocking it out of my mind, it was Wes and his site that helped me finally start the healing process.  

Is there anyone who is taking up the cause for him?  I'd hate to think any of his progress or efforts are in danger of diminishing.  As long as there are Semblers and Newtons and Straight-derivatives in this world, the fight is far from over.

What can we do to help?

Hampton Roads/Virginia Beach Straight Inc. 1989-90

Never forget.

We'll miss you Wes!!!!!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2009, 01:55:21 AM »
God bless Wes Fager for all he has done.  When I first found his website, 15 years after my Straight ordeal, I read it for 3 days straight and cried damn near the whole time.  After all the years of blocking it out of my mind, it was Wes and his site that helped me finally start the healing process.  

Is there anyone who is taking up the cause for him?  I'd hate to think any of his progress or efforts are in danger of diminishing.  As long as there are Semblers and Newtons and Straight-derivatives in this world, the fight is far from over.

What can we do to help?

Hampton Roads/Virginia Beach Straight Inc. 1989-90

Never forget.

We'll miss you Wes!!!!!!!

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2009, 01:20:47 PM »
Yes. We're taking steps to keep his websites up. Some will remain frozen, others will continue to be updated. Course, nobody will be able to do it just as Wes would. But it's not gonna go away.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline slynch2112

• View Profile
    • http://tridisha.com
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2009, 03:14:53 PM »
Quote from: "pelberglaw"
In recent years the truth about Straight, Miller Newton, the Semblers, Kids and their progeny have become public.  While all of the villains have not been punished and the victims still deal with the aftermath the con that was Straight has ben exposed and the single person most responsible for making the truth known was Wes Fager.  Those of us who wanted to know the truth always knew that Wes was the primary source and his courage and dedication were an inspiration. Sometimes irrepressible but always honest and always extraordinarily decent he looked evil in the eye over and over again and he called it what it was.
Wes died yesterday.  He was an inspiration to me.  He should have lived a longer life then each of the bastards he exposed.  He didn't but the years he lived were well lived and he managed to take the harm that was done to him and his family and make it into something positive that was of value to the rest of us.  The world has been diminished by his passing.  He was a good man. He was a hero.

Oh my god... I just heard about this now. I'm crying. My life is busy, and I tend to put the KIDS/Straight stuff way behind me as I deal with life as it is lived now, parenthood and dealing with having an autistic child with similar symptoms to the ones I had.

Wes was one of the people I talked to back in 2001 when all this stuff came out of me and I had a breakdown. His book online has been the source of me not having to recount what happened to me every time I needed to. I always ive out the link to it.

I am really sad about this, and had I known at the time I would have made the funeral (as I was down there that weekend :()

Well, cheers to you Wes, and a life lived well. You helped 10's of thousands of people, and someone said that the measure of immortality was how well we lived and what we left behind, and if thats true, you are one true "Immortal".

-Trish
--
Siobhan Lynch
CAFETY Board of Advisors
Parent, Systems Administrator, Programmer, Child Rights Activist, Sex Freedom Activist, GLBT Activist
A Proud Autistic Parent of an Autistic Child.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Wes Fager
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2009, 12:30:15 PM »
Wes finally starting to get healthy, hes thrown very well his last two times out.  Tonight he went 5 innings giving up 3 hits 2 runs but none earned, 2 ks and 1 walk.  His era is now 5.89

Offline infanalyst

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2010, 01:57:25 AM »
I met Wes for my first time in St. Petersburg at the $traight Survivor's reunion in 2002. I was so overwhelmed at the time hearing all of the information I had buried for over 15 years and Wes' informative website on $traight helped me to make better sense of it all. I remember hearing him speak to us about how he had been duped into the program and how he took action once he realized something was very wrong with it. His insight helped me to understand my parents a little better and I thank him for his relentless effort he put into spreading the word about the atrocities of $traight Incorporated.

God Bless You Wes Fager!
You Will Be Missed, But Not Forgotten
May You Rest In Peace
Brent Lewis
American "War on Drugs" P.O.W.
5/17/86-12/2/87
Straight - DC (Springfield)

Offline infanalyst

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2010, 01:59:43 AM »
Quote from: "xerkitsko"
Wes finally starting to get healthy, hes thrown very well his last two times out.  Tonight he went 5 innings giving up 3 hits 2 runs but none earned, 2 ks and 1 walk.  His era is now 5.89

@xerkitsko: We are honoring a different Wes Fager on this page...
Brent Lewis
American "War on Drugs" P.O.W.
5/17/86-12/2/87
Straight - DC (Springfield)