Author Topic: Wes Fager  (Read 7217 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Wes Fager
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2009, 08:49:56 PM »
I know little about WesFager except that he was an advocate. How did he get involved in advocacy?

His loss makes me feel frightened. I know he was very intelligent and hosted a site and was out spoken about the teen abduction, torture and brainwashing industry.

Not many people care enough or are brave enough to do what he did and the loss makes the world a more dangerous place.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2009, 09:31:20 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
I know little about WesFager except that he was an advocate. How did he get involved in advocacy?

His loss makes me feel frightened. I know he was very intelligent and hosted a site and was out spoken about the teen abduction, torture and brainwashing industry.

Not many people care enough or are brave enough to do what he did and the loss makes the world a more dangerous place.

The fact that Mel Sembler and Miller Newton are still alive make this world a dangerous place.  Wes has and will continue to inspire people to speak out, even though he is no longer with us.  He is one of MANY people active in the fight to stop child abuse, if you aren't aware of that then educate yourself. This world is only as dangerous, as we the people, allow it to be.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2009, 10:00:58 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"

http://www.thestraights.com/wes-bio.htm
http://www.nospank.net/rehab.htm
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2009, 01:57:16 AM »
Quote from: "Antigen"
Judging by all the calamity hitting the troubled parent industry just now, I'm guessin' he's already gone to work on the other side.

You aren't kidding.  Both PFC and AARC are getting hit hard.  It's like Wes is throwing down lightning bolts from heaven.  :D
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Kathy

• View Profile
    • http://ficanetwork.net
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2009, 09:12:30 AM »
:waaaa:  I'm very sorry for Wes's family's loss.  I'm  also sorry for our loss.
 Wes changed my life. I'll never forget the day in 2000 that I first met Wes and Ginger. It was a life-changing experience. That led to my meeting Ken, Richard, Scott, Phil and many others. It was such a small little group of people in the beginning. It is hard to believe that his work was the beginning of all of this. I'll never forget you WES.  Love and peace to Wes's son, daughter, grandkids and especially his wife. Rest In Peace My Good Friend.  :peace:
Kathy
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."    ~Plato

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2009, 12:28:45 PM »
I'm feeling sorry for myself, that I never got to meet Wes Fager. His is a life that counted for the greater good - and his family and friends can always take comfort in that.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2009, 01:25:55 PM »
That trip was a trip, wasn't it? Hey, anybody heard from Photog lately? I lost his number when I lost my cell phone a couple months ago. Unless I can dig it out of old email I don't have it. Can somebody get hold of him and ask him to call me please?
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2009, 03:00:39 PM »
First time I heard 'a' Wes Fager was more than a few years ago now, when my buddy handed me a Cannabis Culture mag he'd been reading, sayin to me that I might be interested in this article about Orwellian anti-drug programs, and as it turned out was about Straight Inc.  Wes was mentioned in that article and I think there was even a picture of him too, and I was directed to his web-site from there.  I still had to wait a few years before I checked out thestraights.com though, as that was way before I even had a computer or knew anything of fornits or the internet.  

I didn't know Wes personally, but I just want to offer my sympathy to the family and friends as well as my respect.
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2009, 08:53:40 AM »
What happened?? When did Wes die??

This is the first I've heard of this and I am so sorry for the loss of a grest man.

Can someone post what happened?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2009, 01:56:50 PM »
Wes had been battling cancer for a number of years.

I'm trying to figure out how I'll get there. If you know of anybody coming by Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Philly or other places between Pittsburgh and Chesapeake please get in touch with me? I'll be offline from 4p today till sometime tomorrow so please call 724-797-2672. Thanks!
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2009, 02:10:13 PM »
Thanks to Ginger for calling me with this sad news.

Wes was a good friend to those of us who got to know them.  His personal hero was Richard Bradbury for his very public and brave efforts to close straight.  He saw his struggle as similar to Richards...someone who made a mistake by  aligning themselves with the program, then  came to realize said mistake and fight against it.

In the formative days of this forum and the organized (somewhat) internet efforts against the program in its various guises, There were a handfull of people talking about what the hell happened to them.  Among them were Wes, Ginger, Kathy, Ken, Kim, and a few others, and I stumbled in with my stories about the seed.  Almost immediately Wes and I became fast friends and compatriats.  In the 4 or so times I met with Wes we always laughed and felt at home with each other.

Wes is directly responsible, along with a few others, with he activism that exists today.  I will never forget his friendship or his efforts.

RIP my friend.

Offline MyBrainNotYours

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2009, 03:12:07 AM »
Peace and Love, Wes.  Your efforts were not in vain.

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2009, 06:06:38 PM »
When I first started looking for people from Straight...next to Fornit's, Wes's site was just about the only thing out there that had any information about what we experienced.  I remember spending hours and hours reading through A Clockwork Straight...I bet there are lots of us who remember doing that.

I sent Wes a note and asked him if he would let me send him my story....he said of course.  I never sent it to him, but I think just being able to ask, and have someone hear me and say yes......was the beginning of healing for me.

Thank you for saying Yes, Mr. Fager.
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2009, 07:35:13 PM »
Anybody know if a plan has been made to assure the web sites stay up?

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2009, 04:03:42 AM »
I am sorry I never got the pleasure of meeting you in person. Our discussion was so enlightening & you were a true gentleman in answering even the lamest of questions helpfully. I will be having a nice cold beer in your honour tonight
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen