Author Topic: I See Mark - Where's Cheryl?  (Read 32631 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
I See Mark - Where's Cheryl?
« on: January 26, 2009, 12:19:00 PM »
I see Mark Sudweeks' Facebook blog, where's Cheryl's?  Oh, now I get it - I found this picture of Mizz Cheryl Sudweeks recently, she's been workin' on her tan and smoking herself fitter:

Sudweeks - you open shop again anywhere in the world and another Juab-style case will shut you down, this time much, much quicker.  A new name doesn't mean shit, we'll be sure Greg Kutz's findings and your criminal history trails you both like a flaming hell-hound on PCP.  You gross carrion eaters, how much shame can you rationalize away?  The Mexican government already kicked your asses out once.  A third world country was so horrified by what you were doing to the kids (and your utter disregard for the rest of Mexico's laws) that they booted you out.  My God.  The Mexicans executed and burned every man left in the Alamo and you managed to offend their sensibilities.

On the joyous day when the Sudweeks land in hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Satan tries to deport them.  Even the scourge of God has his limits, dammit.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: I See Mark - Where's Cheryl?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 02:08:45 PM »
Wow! Little bit-O-angst there partner? Damning people to hell? To the best of my knowledge the Sudweeks have not had anyone under there care for, litterally, years. I wonder what horrible horrible things were done to you in the dark, dreary, family oriented God-fearing place that did too many activities to mention and put teens alike togather and tried to make them do horrible horrible things like, get along, and follow simple stupid rules. Please share with me these attrocities. Don't worry, you will remain anonymous, but know that you are not alone. I too was thrust into that devastating environment. But we have to stay stronger than ever now because we are free now and life is even harder now than ever.

PS: I think we should ban togather our strength and forces and place blame on the Sudweeks for our nations economic crisis....and while we are at it perhaps we could pin the Democrats getting into office on them as well? Oh and there is a little old man that always walks down my street and he is doing poorly this week....no doubt it was all the Sudweeks doing.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 02:22:54 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Wow! Little bit-O-angst there partner? Damning people to hell?

No, that's Cheryl's M.O.

To the best of my knowledge the Sudweeks have not had anyone under there care for, litterally, years.

Could be.  We can only hope they'll never, ahem......literally, get their hands on anyone's kid ever again.

I wonder what horrible horrible things were done to you in the dark, dreary, family oriented God-fearing place

Well, most were screamed at and called vile names.  Some were thrown down the stairs.  Some were singled out for humiliation and belittling.  Would you like me to go on?

that did too many activities to mention and put teens alike togather and tried to make them do horrible horrible things like, get along, and follow simple stupid rules. Please share with me these attrocities.

I have a feeling you are well aware of the atrocities committed by the Sudweeks.

Don't worry, you will remain anonymous, but know that you are not alone. I too was thrust into that devastating environment. But we have to stay stronger than ever now because we are free now and life is even harder now than ever.

Huh?

PS: I think we should ban togather our strength and forces and place blame on the Sudweeks for our nations economic crisis....and while we are at it perhaps we could pin (pin it on them?  What's to pin?) the Democrats getting into office on them as well? Oh and there is a little old man that always walks down my street and he is doing poorly this week....no doubt it was all the Sudweeks doing.

Can we blame your atrocious spelling, grammar and general lack of education on them as well?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 02:58:22 PM »
Wow! Little bit-O-angst there partner? Damning people to hell? To the best of my knowledge the Sudweeks have not had anyone under there care for, litterally, years. I wonder what horrible horrible things were done to you in the dark, dreary, family oriented God-fearing place that did too many activities to mention and put teens alike togather and tried to make them do horrible horrible things like, get along, and follow simple stupid rules. Please share with me these attrocities. Don't worry, you will remain anonymous, but know that you are not alone. I too was thrust into that devastating environment. But we have to stay stronger than ever now because we are free now and life is even harder now than ever.

PS: I think we should ban togather our strength and forces and place blame on the Sudweeks for our nations economic crisis....and while we are at it perhaps we could pin the Democrats getting into office on them as well? Oh and there is a little old man that always walks down my street and he is doing poorly this week....no doubt it was all the Sudweeks doing.

Shut up, Sudweeks.   The Sudweeks criminal abuse of animals and children is well documented.  Innocent people don't cop a plea bargain when they're innocent and their business is on the line.  Cheryl knew she would go to jail and copped a plea.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 03:04:20 PM »
Wow! Little bit-O-angst there partner? Damning people to hell?.

Certainly not!  Mark and Cheryl's sins will get them sent to hell, not me!  That's a given, "partner".

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 03:11:34 PM »
Leave Mark and Cheryl alone. God you people are sickening sometimes. Cheryl is an angel, you just dont have the chance to know that because your head is so far up your own asses. You believe bullshit stories, and never even go to the source of things. If I was to write on here a long story of how the fucking sky is green and purple, you would probably be gullible enough to believe it.
All you who attack Mark and Cheryl, make me sick and I know that one day KARMA will come to bite you back.

Get a life. Seriously.....

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 03:26:10 PM »
Quote from: "SHUTUP"
Leave Mark and Cheryl alone. God you people are sickening sometimes. Cheryl is an angel, you just dont have the chance to know that because your head is so far up your own asses. You believe bullshit stories, and never even go to the source of things. If I was to write on here a long story of how the fucking sky is green and purple, you would probably be gullible enough to believe it.
All you who attack Mark and Cheryl, make me sick and I know that one day KARMA will come to bite you back.

Get a life. Seriously.....

I believe the courts, not bullshit stories.  Mark Sudweeks is forbidden to own animals in Canada because he starved and neglected horses.  Mexico threw him and Cheryl out.  Juab County shut down the Whitmore.  The Sudweeks paid out a settlement recently, read about it?  

Now, is any of the above "bullshit"?  

Quote from: "SHUTUP"
Cheryl is an angel,

See above again.  You have a weird concept of "angels".  Don't let the Sudweeks con you, too.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 11:30:37 PM »
Plea deal for ex-school operator
She agrees not to run another rehab facility in Juab
By Linda Thomson
Deseret Morning News
Published: September 22, 2006
The former operator of a therapeutic school for troubled youths who has been kicked out of Mexico and accused of starving horses in Canada has agreed not to run another rehabilitation school in Juab County.

The agreement in Cheryl Sudweeks' case was reached this week as part of a plea bargain in a hazing incident involving students at the now defunct Whitmore Academy in Nephi, once operated by Cheryl Sudweeks and her husband, Mark.

Sudweeks, 51, pleaded no contest to four charges of attempted hazing, all class C misdemeanors. She was originally charged with six counts of child abuse, class A misdemeanors, and two counts of hazing, one a class A misdemeanor and the other a class B misdemeanor. A no contest plea is not an admission of guilt but is treated as such for purposes of sentencing.

The charges stem from claims by four teens that they had been abused at the facility, where investigators insist there were instances of physical abuse, as well as medical, educational and environmental neglect.

The grandmother of one of the victims is furious over the plea deal reached — insisting a child abuser got off easy. Even the prosecutor is muted in his praise for the outcome of the criminal case, calling it the best he could get under the circumstances.

"These kids made some allegations of abuse and I completely believe them. That's why I filed the case. But the fact that I believe them is one thing, whether a jury is going to believe is a whole different question," Juab County Attorney Jared Eldridge said.

The plea bargain allowed Sudweeks to enter a "plea in abeyance," which means the case will be closed in 12 months and the charges dismissed as long as she complies with the court's terms.

Those terms issued out the 4th District include completing 50 hours of community service and payment of a fine. Sudweeks also signed an agreement promising to never run a youth program in the county for the rest of her life.

"After discussing this case in the office and with other prosecutors I know, I felt this was a good way to resolve this case," Eldridge said. "It addresses some of the concerns I have — not all of them — but it resolves Mrs. Sudweeks to a be a law-abiding citizen for a year. Even if we got a conviction, that's all the probation she would have been given anyway. It requires her to pay a fine and do community service.

"And it shuts her down, at least here in Juab County, so they can't do business here. I believe it effectively shuts them down in the state of Utah," Eldridge said, adding that he forwarded the plea agreement to state officials over licensing.

Susan Schacherer, grandmother of a girl who was Sudweeks' boarding school for about a year, is convinced her granddaughter was repeatedly abused and humiliated.

Schacherer said the plea bargain is a slap on the wrist that sends the message that Cheryl Sudweeks can rough up minors and face no consequences. "For all intents and purposes, she got away with it," Schacherer said.

Sudweeks' lawyer, James Merrell, thinks otherwise: "Cheryl Sudweeks has had her life destroyed by the actions of some gullible people who work for the government who believe the words of kids that have a long history of lying and manipulating."

While the criminal case has been resolved, the families of four young people have filed a civil lawsuit against the Sudweekses seeking financial compensation.

E-mail: [email protected]

© 2006 Deseret News Publishing Company | All rights reserved

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 11:35:16 PM »
MEXICO ORDERS UTAH PAIR TO SHUT CENTERS AND LEAVE
San Jose Mercury News (CA)

Dateline: SAN DIEGO

February 22, 2001

A Utah couple who operate centers for troubled adolescents has been ordered to shut down their program on the Baja California Peninsula and leave Mexico with 14 teen clients.

Mark and Cheryl Sudweeks were given until Friday to leave Mexico because they violated terms of their tourist visas by illegally operating a business, according to a spokesman for the U.S. Consulate in Tijuana.

The Sudweekses, of Alpine, Utah, ran the Chilanko Lodge Treatment Center in Santa Rosalia.

Suds kicked out of Mexico :rasta:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2009, 11:41:10 PM »
August 2002
SPCA Continues to Care for Williams Lake
Horses as Sudweeks Appeal
As reported in last month's issue, the guardian of a ranch
near Williams Lake where 29 starving horses and seven dogs
were seized in January 2001 has been fined $4,000 and
ordered never to own another animal. On July 19 Mark
Sudweeks of Utah was found guilty of two counts of causing
or permitting animals to be in distress under the Prevention
of Cruelty to Animals (PCA) Act. This is the first time in BC
history that someone has been banned from owning animals
for life. The Sudweeks' caretaker, Bryan Tetz of Saskatoon,
was also fined $500 and banned from owning animals for
two years. The Sudweeks are now appealing the decision
with the hearing set for August 23.
Until all the details of the case are resolved, the SPCA continues to shelter and care for
the horses at a farm near Williams Lake, while the dogs remain in foster care. The
families caring for the dogs "would ultimately love to keep them," says Caddy.
This has been one of the largest cases, in terms of cost and number of animals, in the
history of the BC SPCA. Local RCMP, veterinarians, individuals, groups and businesses
have also helped by offering support and donating food, housing, foster care, dog walking
and dollars.
In addition to the successful criminal case, the BC SPCA also recently won a precedentsetting
civil lawsuit against the Sudweeks. In the decision, the B.C. Supreme Court
ordered the Sudweeks to reimburse the SPCA for the cost of caring for the seized
animals, which then stood at $120,000.
The SPCA is pleased with the outcome of both court cases. "The high penalties imposed
sends a strong message that it is entirely unacceptable to cause animal suffering," says
Doug Brimacombe, CEO of the BC SPCA. "The penalties and the awarding of care costs
set a precedent for other animal cruelty cases."
"It's been a long haul," says Sharon Caddy, Manager of the Williams Lake Branch.
"When the animals were first seized they looked like skeletons and skin." The horses and
dogs have regained their health since coming under the SPCA's care.
http://www.spca.bc.ca/news/Aug2002_AnimalsNews.asp

::deadhorse::   Mark Sudweeks  Animal Abuse Case  Canada

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2009, 11:45:10 PM »
Whitmore Academy Civil Case Settles Out of Court
Posted At : November 19, 2008 9:16 PM | Posted By : B
Related Categories: Lawsuits, Programs
Ex-school owners OK $450,000 settlement 8 students accused couple of abusing and hazing them By Ethan Thomas
Deseret News
Published: November 19, 2008 The former operators of a Nephi school for troubled youths agreed to a $450,000 settlement to
eight former students who alleged they were abused and hazed while there. Mark and Cheryl Sudweeks, the former owners
and operators of the now failed Whitmore Academy, came under fire in 2005 when several students accused them of various
types of abuse that led to criminal charges being filed against Cheryl Sudweeks.
A 4th District Court civil suit seeking damages in the case was settled Monday.
"We are happy to get it behind us," said Susan Schacherer, a plaintiff whose granddaughter attended Whitmore.
"Does it undo the damage that caused us to bring the lawsuit to begin with? No. The window of opportunity to help these kids
was lost. The money can't replace that."
The complaint filed in Juab County said that the Whitmore Academy, which was advertised as a facility for "teens looking to
accelerate their education intellectually, emotionally and spiritually," was actually nothing of the sort.
The complaint alleges that some students enrolled at the Whitmore Academy were physically bound with plastic handcuffs for
several hours, others were forced to spend periods of time outside without any clothing on, and some were forced to sleep in
a space referred to as the "shelf room."
The shelf room was a small, enclosed area where students could neither sit up, fully stretch out, and was located 10 feet off
the ground, according to the complaint. The Sudweeks were also accused of recruiting students and encouraging the students
to use violence against other youths to enforce the rules.
There were also accusations of "environmental abuse" due to problems with the sewage system. Students were asked to not
flush used toilet paper down the toilet, and the complaint states that "soiled toilet paper was stored in open trash bags that
were left in the bathrooms." There was also an apparent problem with mouse feces and rodents, among other accusations.
Schacherer said that when she and her daughter visited the Whitmore Academy, they had no idea that these types of things
were happening and that apparently they were duped.
Schacherer's granddaughter now lives in Texas with her mother and still harbors animosity toward the people she believes
mistreated her.
"I don't think that she feels like the settlement was justified for what she went through," Schacherer said. "She realized this
was the best we could do and that is the way it is. She still has bitter feelings."
In September of 2006, Cheryl Sudweeks pleaded no contest to four class C misdemeanor counts of hazing and agreed to meet
all court-ordered requirements and pay a fee.
In April, Gregory Kutz, the Government Accountability Office's managing director of Forensic Audits and Special Investigations,
used several examples of problems at the Whitmore Academy and other behavior modification schools to show that boot camp
therapy companies use deceptive practices enrolling troubled teens in programs where they can end up abused and
neglected.
"The biggest part of the problem was that there was no regulation and oversight, and Utah is jam-packed with these types of
facilities," Schacherer said.
Source: http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,705264131,00.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
E-mail: [email protected]
© 2008 Deseret News Publishing Company | All rights res

:cheers:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2009, 11:48:39 PM »
What type of "ANGELS"  Cop a Plea in a criminal case.....and settle a civil case; rather than go to court and defend themselves?

Angel  ????  

Yea, right! ::evil::

Offline Lolita

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2009, 06:23:42 PM »
And it ended... too late. I wish I could've been part of it - I lied in my deposition for fear of being sent back to that place, or to another facility as I was still a minor when the deposition was taken. Too scared... too mortal. Maybe if the court had seen my evidence, they would've gotten just what they deserved. For more info, read my thread...
“This is the culture you\'re raising your kids in. Don\'t be surprised if it blows up in your face.”
-Marilyn Manson

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2009, 07:13:30 PM »
Quote from: "Lolita"
And it ended... too late. I wish I could've been part of it - I lied in my deposition for fear of being sent back to that place, or to another facility as I was still a minor when the deposition was taken. Too scared... too mortal. Maybe if the court had seen my evidence, they would've gotten just what they deserved. For more info, read my thread...

This deposition was in the criminal, not civil case, correct?
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Lolita

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2009, 07:31:33 PM »
Quote from: "psy"
Quote from: "Lolita"

This deposition was in the criminal, not civil case, correct?

Correct.
“This is the culture you\'re raising your kids in. Don\'t be surprised if it blows up in your face.”
-Marilyn Manson