Author Topic: Does anyone remember Greg Burton from RMA?  (Read 2720 times)

Offline bonnevillebarbie

• View Profile
Does anyone remember Greg Burton from RMA?
« on: January 02, 2008, 03:15:02 PM »
Greg Burton was the only sane person in that mind fucking circus who i trusted.  Actually had dinner with him at his family's home and conversed on the down low about the real crap going on at RMA.  i stayed in contact with him for a few years after i graduated.  he wold take the students to D.C. for the model government stuff.  Any news wold be appreciated.
Amanda Hasuly
RMA in December 89 to June 92
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
MA grad 1992

Offline blownawaytheidahoway

• View Profile
A.H.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 03:40:17 PM »
Hi there Barbie, I remember you and know you. Welcome to the biggest conversation about CEDU and what I know we went through with the crew from Cattle Creed Rd. in Idaho.
If you want to talk I am sending you a PM right now!
Have a great day.
-blown
Life is a very wonderful thing.\' said Dr. Branom... \'The processes of life, the make- up of the human organism, who can fully understand these miracles?... What is happening to you now is what should happen to any normal healthy human organism...You are being made sane, you are being made healthy.
     \'That I will not have, \' I said, \'nor can understand at all. What you\'ve been doing is to make me feel very very ill.\'
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

Offline bonnevillebarbie

• View Profile
Re: A.H.
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 04:00:01 PM »
Quote from: ""blownawaytheidahoway""
Hi there Barbie, I remember you and know you. Welcome to the biggest conversation about CEDU and what I know we went through with the crew from Cattle Creed Rd. in Idaho.
If you want to talk I am sending you a PM right now!
Have a great day.
-blown

Sent one back (PM) that is.
MA grad 1992

• View Profile
Telling truth
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 04:17:04 PM »
The first people that I talked to about this whole thing went to CEDU. I couldn't have known them. And that was just the way I wanted it. Then about a year later i started to kind of look for old friends, Keep tabls on them and contact a handful of staff. They didn't want to return my calls. Then I started posting my book and a few older and little brothers and sisters came and a handful of new friends from the forum. It's been instrumental for me to read other peoples responses about the propheets and their take on raps and the program. The ideology and totalism of it all was the nightmare for me and I've tried hard to never forget that...as virtually any of my little brothers could attest to even back then. I'm just so floored and happy when people I didn't even talk to find this site and post even if they think we're overly sensitive. I'll say it again: I'm just glad that there is a place where a handful of the people who were there when I was, have a place to relate their ideas and concerns about what was really going on there, and why and how it was all done.
Life is a very wonderful thing.\' said Dr. Branom... \'The processes of life, the make- up of the human organism, who can fully understand these miracles?... What is happening to you now is what should happen to any normal healthy human organism...You are being made sane, you are being made healthy.
     \'That I will not have, \' I said, \'nor can understand at all. What you\'ve been doing is to make me feel very very ill.\'
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

• View Profile
did he ever run raps?
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 04:21:53 PM »
I think of Greg Burton the same way most people probably did. He was by far one of the more well intended people there. Not to give him a german reversal with a reach around, but I would vote him #1 on my not a pigfucking staff In my own opinion.
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

Offline bobbyfischer

• View Profile
Re: Does anyone remember Greg Burton from RMA?
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 08:29:13 AM »
Quote from: ""bonnevillebarbie""
Greg Burton was the only sane person in that mind fucking circus who i trusted.  Actually had dinner with him at his family's home and conversed on the down low about the real crap going on at RMA.  i stayed in contact with him for a few years after i graduated.  he wold take the students to D.C. for the model government stuff.  Any news wold be appreciated.
Amanda Hasuly
RMA in December 89 to June 92

I remember Greg Burton.  He was easy to talk and made people laugh.

Offline bonnevillebarbie

• View Profile
Greg Burton's "US Government Class"
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 09:06:16 AM »
This is my earliest memory of him:
Teaching US government in that shoddy school, he didn't vote and was vocal about it AND encouraged me to work on Jerry Brown's potential presidential campaign.  Greg, on and off campus was not one to spew RMA rhetoric and bul shit.  He actually helped me find ways around it.
MA grad 1992

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 10:37:23 AM »
anybody know how long he stayed for?

Offline bonnevillebarbie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2008, 10:39:26 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
anybody know how long he stayed for?

I think he was there through 93 and then quit.
MA grad 1992

Offline bonnevillebarbie

• View Profile
just a thought..
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2008, 11:14:40 AM »
I think greg disappeared for a good reason.  I have reason to believe that he had a brain and a heart, and came to the conclusion that he was involved in some pretty f'ed up stuff there and no longer wanted to be associated with it.  maybe i am glorifying his character, but just a thought.
MA grad 1992

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2009, 11:57:46 PM »
Greg was teaching classes when I was there in 98-99. He was a funny guy.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2009, 08:39:08 PM »
Quote from: "try another castle"
The name sounds familiar, but I can't place his face, as usual. That seems to be my disease when it comes to folks from RMA. I remember the name, not the face.

he was tall-ish always with the dark blue patagonia  he worked in Discovery and had a moustache and brown hair parted in the middle.

hey amanda.. are you short with brown hair, were/are friends with Noah Guy?