Author Topic: Trails Carolina - new program  (Read 38325 times)

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: Trails Carolina - new program
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2010, 06:17:50 PM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
Quote from: "Ursus"
Quote from: "ejsdesign"
Definitely NOT an Aspen Group.  Most of the staff did work in Apsen programs but tired of the corporate money making machine.  This is an independently owned program.
This is very typical in the business world.  The corporation grows too big and people tire of the lack of intimacy and freedom to develop and implement new ideas so they head out on their own to try something new.  This is a very healthy way for the industry to grow and improve.  I am sure Aspen (and others) are watching them closely to see how and if they are successful and adopt some of their practices if they are working well.
Spoken like a true marketer, Whooter... I'm sure Aspen is both flattered and proud of ya.  :D
Maybe I missed my calling lol, but marketing never really interested me, I liked to be down in the dirt (so to speak) getting the product out the door and solving problems.  But anyone familiar with big business will tell you that you always lose a few good people who are ambitious and can’t wait around for the corporate machine to take notice of you.  I had been there myself.  I am sure Aspen wasn’t happy to lose them and isn’t proud to lose them.  But, it is what makes capitalism work so well and drives businesses to improve and stay competitive.

On a side note:  Curious how it always seems to bother you,Ursus, when the good side of the industry is shown here on fornits or when you struggle to put an evil spin on a post.
"Struggling?" For a one-sentence reply? "Evil spin?" LOLOLLLL. That might have been a more appropriate response to another post.

Methinks you are struggling to keep your responses sorted from one another.   :rofl:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2010, 06:25:55 PM »
Definitely NOT an Aspen Group.  Most of the staff did work in Apsen programs but tired of the corporate money making machine.  This is an independently owned program.
This is very typical in the business world.  The corporation grows too big and people tire of the lack of intimacy and freedom to develop and implement new ideas so they head out on their own to try something new.  This is a very healthy way for the industry to grow and improve.  I am sure Aspen (and others) are watching them closely to see how and if they are successful and adopt some of their practices if they are working well.
Spoken like a true marketer, Whooter... I'm sure Aspen is both flattered and proud of ya.  :D
Maybe I missed my calling lol, but marketing never really interested me, I liked to be down in the dirt (so to speak) getting the product out the door and solving problems.  But anyone familiar with big business will tell you that you always lose a few good people who are ambitious and can’t wait around for the corporate machine to take notice of you.  I had been there myself.  I am sure Aspen wasn’t happy to lose them and isn’t proud to lose them.  But, it is what makes capitalism work so well and drives businesses to improve and stay competitive.

On a side note:  Curious how it always seems to bother you,Ursus, when the good side of the industry is shown here on fornits or when you struggle to put an evil spin on a post.
"Struggling?" For a one-sentence reply? "Evil spin?" LOLOLLLL. That might have been a more appropriate response to another post.

Methinks you are struggling to keep your responses sorted from one another.   :rofl:

Sorry, I seem to have hit a nerve with my use of the word "Struggling", I will try to come up with another descriptor if you like.  Why does it bug you so much when you cant find any dirt on a program?  Curious...

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2010, 07:16:25 PM »

Sorry, I seem to have hit a nerve with you using the word "Struggling", I will try to come up with another descriptor if you like.
Nope. Nary a nerve. Well, maybe my funny bone, lol. But do keep trying, Whooter; I enjoy our work-outs!  :D

Why does it bug you so much when you cant find any dirt on a program?  Curious...
Shucks, thanks for the lead-in, but I'm still working on my copy and paste. It seems Trails Carolina has some problems with their "medication management," background checks on personnel, and a host of documentation issues which include, but are not restricted to, informing appropriate personnel when events during a restraint do not go well. Such as a staff member losing it and punching a kid in the face.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2010, 07:20:06 PM »
Quote from: "DannyB II"
OR

Spoken like a true marketer, Ursus... I'm sure Fornits is both flattered and proud of ya.
You are not making sense, Danny. I am not marketing anything, nor am I making excuses for an industry that takes advantage of desperate parents.

Quite the contrary. I'm trying to alert folks to the potential dangers of that industry.

Well Ursus I beg to differ with you, you are marketing/promoting a axiom, precept, law, principle based upon your convictions of what you believe the TTI is doing. I can see that and I respect that.
My problem has always been if others don't have the laws of principle you have, well then we are corrupted.
I say to that opinion, bullshit. You don't hold the moral ground here, all by yourselves.
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2010, 09:06:20 PM »
Shucks, thanks for the lead-in, but I'm still working on my copy and paste. It seems Trails Carolina has some problems with their "medication management," background checks on personnel, and a host of documentation issues which include, but are not restricted to, informing appropriate personnel when events during a restraint do not go well. Such as a staff member losing it and punching a kid in the face.

Oh no!, That’s terrible!!  That sounds very much like our friend DJ.  He likes to solve his problems by punching people out.  Did he ever serve as staff there?  I think if you cant find the original you may be able to confirm they use IBM computers {wink} or find a staff member who once worked for CEDU.  That would surely result in branding the program ineffective and abusive.

But all  kidding aside and in all fairness I think this shows how far this industry has come when the dirt we find on them are mostly paperwork issues in-line with the level of findings one would expect from many hospitals.

Offline Pile of Dead Kids

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2010, 09:31:47 PM »
nforming appropriate personnel when events during a restraint do not go well. Such as a staff member losing it and punching a kid in the face.

There's a big difference between "written down" and "informed", Ursus. Ever hear of this little thing called "plausible deniability"? Why the fuck would a program ever write down something like that, anywhere?

Documenting something and then torching it later is the way of the foolish past. The modern technique is just not to document it at all. Safer that way.
...Sergey Blashchishen, James Shirey, Faith Finley, Katherine Rice, Ashlie Bunch, Brendan Blum, Caleb Jensen, Alex Cullinane, Rocco Magliozzi, Elisa Santry, Dillon Peak, Natalynndria Slim, Lenny Ortega, Angellika Arndt, Joey Aletriz, Martin Anderson, James White, Christening Garcia, Kasey Warner, Shirley Arciszewski, Linda Harris, Travis Parker, Omega Leach, Denis Maltez, Kevin Christie, Karlye Newman, Richard DeMaar, Alexis Richie, Shanice Nibbs, Levi Snyder, Natasha Newman, Gracie James, Michael Owens, Carlton Thomas, Taylor Mangham, Carnez Boone, Benjamin Lolley, Jessica Bradford's unnamed baby, Anthony Parker, Dysheka Streeter, Corey Foster, Joseph Winters, Bruce Staeger, Kenneth Barkley, Khalil Todd, Alec Lansing, Cristian Cuellar-Gonzales, Janaia Barnhart, a DRA victim who never even showed up in the news, and yet another unnamed girl at Summit School...

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2010, 12:48:47 PM »
But all kidding aside and in all fairness I think this shows how far this industry has come when the dirt we find on them are mostly paperwork issues in-line with the level of findings one would expect from many hospitals.
Well now, it would all depend on just what those "paperwork issues" were, eh? I don't think we're talking 'bout failure to record a staff potluck in the "events" file here...

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2010, 12:50:40 PM »

Oh no!, That’s terrible!!  That sounds very much like our friend DJ.  He likes to solve his problems by punching people out.  

Citation needed.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2010, 01:12:15 PM »
But all kidding aside and in all fairness I think this shows how far this industry has come when the dirt we find on them are mostly paperwork issues in-line with the level of findings one would expect from many hospitals.
Well now, it would all depend on just what those "paperwork issues" were, eh? I don't think we're talking 'bout failure to record a staff potluck in the "events" file here...

Until we see the paperwork all we can do is speculate.  If they didnt record the pot luck, in the events section, they should be written up like any other infraction.  What if a kid had a peanut allergy and almost died, we would want to know who brought what to the dinner and if there was any intent to hurt the child?

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2010, 01:17:48 PM »

Until we see the paperwork all we can do is speculate.  If they didnt record the pot luck, in the events section, they should be written up like any other infraction.  What if a kid had a peanut allergy and almost died, we would want to know who brought what to the dinner and if there was any intent to hurt the child?

Quote from: "Pile of Dead Kids"
There's a big difference between "written down" and "informed", Ursus. Ever hear of this little thing called "plausible deniability"? Why the fuck would a program ever write down something like that, anywhere?

Documenting something and then torching it later is the way of the foolish past. The modern technique is just not to document it at all. Safer that way.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2010, 01:46:31 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"

Exactly, so basically you got nothing.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2010, 01:57:06 PM »
...informing appropriate personnel when events during a restraint do not go well. Such as a staff member losing it and punching a kid in the face.

That wouldn't appear to be in sync with how the state of North Carolina sees it... Nice try at a bluff, though!

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2010, 02:26:17 PM »
...informing appropriate personnel when events during a restraint do not go well. Such as a staff member losing it and punching a kid in the face.

That wouldn't appear to be in sync with how the state of North Carolina sees it... Nice try at a bluff, though!

You are the one claiming to have the info, so until we all see it posted or some link of some sort then the bluff is on your end.  I am merely waiting for the evidence.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2010, 09:12:29 PM »

You are the one claiming to have the info, so until we all see it posted or some link of some sort then the bluff is on your end.  I am merely waiting for the evidence.

Ya know I was thinking the same thing, he (Ursus) gets so caught up in his own words he forgets what his intentions were.
Evidence Ursus.
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
TRAILS Carolina - client rights violations
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2010, 04:10:18 PM »

Quote from: "DannyB II"
Ya know I was thinking the same thing, he (Ursus) gets so caught up in his own words he forgets what his intentions were.
Evidence Ursus.
Lols. Just what exactly are you trying to say, Dannyboy? Words... intentions... you would seem to know a lot about those, eh?

Apparently... someone filed a complaint on TRAILS Carolina, and the North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation and/or the County Department of Social Services investigated earlier this year. Not only was the complaint found to be substantiated, but a number of other violations were also found, specifically:

• V 114  · 27G .0207 Emergency Plans and Supplies
  • V 118  · 27G .0209 (C) Medication Requirements (medication administration)
  • V 123  · 27G .0209 (H) Medication Requirements (medication errors)
  • V 131  · G.S. 131E-256 (D2) HCPR - Prior Employment Verification (health care personnel registry)
  • V 132  · G.S. 131E-256(G) HCPR - Notification, Allegations, & Protection (health care personnel registry)
  • V 133  · G.S. 122C-80 Criminal History Record Check
  • V 500  · 27D .0101(a-e) Client Rights - Policy on Rights (policy on rights restrictions and interventions)
  • V 503  · 27D .0103 Client Rights - Search And Seizure Policy
  • V 512  · 27D .0304 Client Rights - Harm, Abuse, Neglect (protection from harm, abuse, neglect or exploitation)
  • V 522 · 27E .0104(e10) Client Rights - Sec. Rest. & ITO (seclusion, physical restraint and isolation time-out and protective devices used for behavior control)
  • V 537 · 27E .0108 Client Rights - Training in Sec Rest & ITO (training in seclusion, physical restraint and isolation time-out)