Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > Facility Question and Answers

ABM Ministries

<< < (2/5) > >>

psy:
just FYi, I dug up this from the internet archives.  Seems the places has somewhat of a history:

http://web.archive.org/web/200503101111 ... index.html

Also, you should know that many programs, once they close down or are closed down, open under alternative names or dummy "ownership", often employing the exact same staff, practices, and/or even marketing under the same name.  One good example of this is Alldredge Academy (AKA the Ayne Institute).  It's also worth noting that there is no federal regulation over these institutions, not that it would do any good (I have very little faith in the ability of the government doing anything but making things much worse).  What this essentially means is while you might assume there would be some authority looking over these places, you'd more often than not be very, very, wrong.

Also relevant, former studnets have alleged that they were drugged:

http://web.archive.org/web/200410130105 ... mazine.htm

Another site in the internet archive:
http://web.archive.org/web/200503061849 ... ivors.com/

Anonymous:
She is 15 years old and had been caught by her parents sneeking out at night to meet a 17 y/o boy. She was drinking alcohol. No drugs where envolved or criminal acts of any kind. She has a very close relationship to me and I do believe that she is not misleading me. She can not talk to her parents because of a coummunication break down however, that is why she comes to me. Being her aunt we have been very close since birth and have a wonderful relationship. Hope this helps. Quite honestly her parents are the ones that are out of control!!!!!!

psy:

--- Quote from: "lazyh" ---She is 15 years old and had been caught by her parents sneeking out at night to meet a 17 y/o boy. She was drinking alcohol. No drugs where envolved or criminal acts of any kind. She has a very close relationship to me and I do believe that she is not misleading me. She can not talk to her parents because of a coummunication break down however, that is why she comes to me. Being her aunt we have been very close since birth and have a wonderful relationship. Hope this helps. Quite honestly her parents are the ones that are out of control!!!!!!
--- End quote ---

What you are describing is a pretty common situation.  Sadly, there is no due process so kids can be sent to these places for whatever reason, no matter how minor, regardless of whether the problem really lies with the parents (would any program make any money if they dared suggest such a thing!).

Right now you have two avenues of "attack".  You can tell the parents that it's a high likelyhood that their child is being abused... or you can tell the parents that there is a high likelyhood that the program is conning them out of their money.  Which approach is more sucessful depends on the parent.  In either case, it's going to take a lot of research in to both the origins of the organization, of the facility itself, of it's licensing, and of the backgrounds, qualifications and any criminal historyies of the staff and/or owners.  Basically you're going to have to "beat the program" in talking to the parents, which is difficult.  To that end, you need concrete evidence of what you say, since they're far more likely to believe the program (that being said it is possible and has been done many times).  Chances are the folks at ISACcorp have already done a lot of this research for you, so I suggest at this point, they would probably be your next step.  Don't hesitate, however, to ask for help round here if you get stuck.  You're always welcome on Fornits.

PS: do you mind if I split off this topic into two separate ones since we've kinda veered off the original?

Anonymous:
Thank you so much for your imput. It has been greatly appreciated and a great help.
God Bless you

Anonymous:
No I dont mind at all if you split them off. I have to leave for a while but i will check back.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version