Author Topic: PV Censoring Google's "Street View"?  (Read 2770 times)

Offline act.da

• View Profile
PV Censoring Google's "Street View"?
« on: December 13, 2008, 02:27:58 PM »
Google Maps was updated a little while back, and they added the PV peninsula in Street View. About a week ago I was giving it all a good looking over, when I noticed this:

Yep, that looks like an outdoor group walking to the YC!

I heard Google did another mass upload of Street View data, so yesterday I checked their coverage on the peninsula. Didn't find anything new, but when I went to get another look at the walking patients.. THEY WERE GONE. Rather than simply blurring out certain "personal" aspects of the image (although that appeared to have already been done), it looks like Google deleted the whole frame! See for yourself - they were visible from only one spot, in the intersection of Jones Bend Road and W Lakeview Circle (Here). It skips from one side of the intersection to the other since the frame was deleted.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
<&/PV>
[size=85]"that protester guy is still coming"[/size]

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
Re: PV Censoring Google's "Street View"?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 05:17:53 PM »
Isn't that a HIPAA violation?  Wait, that's only when you photograph PV doing something evil and illegal.

I've seen the groups walking about PV in the past and I'll never forget the sad faces on those kids as they marched.  We drove past a group of boys standing in front of the YC getting a lecture from a counselor.  All of the guys stared down or directly at the arrogant looking counselor as we passed, all knew better than to eyeball us.  One young man did make furtive eye contact with us.   It's a tough memory. The young man wasn't idly looking at us, it was obvious there was someone he was hoping to see.

When I first met Act.da I thought he was that young man who risked punishment by looking up in hope of seeing a familiar face.  I've got a good memory, but it's probably wishful thinking - I'd like to think that young man is out and confronting PV like Act.da is doing.

Act, I've got some pictures to send you for your thoughts on what to do with them.  They will piss PV but we might want to photoshop a few individuals out.  You'll see when I send them.  Let me know what you're thoughts are on using them and we''l send them on to Psy.
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline act.da

• View Profile
Re: PV Censoring Google's "Street View"?
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 12:07:21 PM »
Quote from: "ZenAgent"
Act, I've got some pictures to send you for your thoughts on what to do with them.  They will piss PV but we might want to photoshop a few individuals out.  You'll see when I send them.  Let me know what you're thoughts are on using them and we''l send them on to Psy.
Sure, go ahead and send them over. I've got some nice editing software so we can blur certain people/things out if necessary.
<&/PV>
[size=85]"that protester guy is still coming"[/size]