Author Topic: Have you considered...?  (Read 28188 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Have you considered...?
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2008, 02:23:36 PM »
Quote from: "kev (antiWWASP.com)"
i'm going to leave now

Praise the LORD!  :cheers:

perhaps you attended a behavior mod facility and that is the reason for your lack of intelligence and intellect

:timeout:  Way to insult almost everyone who posts here!

rediculous

It's "ridiculous"... and you were making fun of my 'intelligence and intellect?'  :roflmao:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2008, 02:24:29 PM »
:wall:

Kev, I would highly recommend against a career in diplomacy.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2008, 02:30:50 PM »

lol we're almost done with two expose sites and the portal... no progress at all.. keep believing that.. im amazed at how well everyone is getting along, but you wouldnt know that because your a guest, and you're not allowed to view the private forums now are you? hmmm ex-referral agent granted access but not you? says something doesn't it.

Ex-referral agent, you must be referring to yourself then?  :roflmao:

More websites! just what is needed, why didn't I think of that? There are only dozens of them already... of course that will put the final nail in the coffin of this industry! /sarcasm

Are you recycling the teenhelp.us URL, or did you let that one expire?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2008, 02:32:51 PM »
Quote from: "O. Blanchard"
3. The redesign absolutely cannot be the result of either a) a new agency wanting to put their mark on a client’s most obvious piece of property, or b) a newly appointed executive within the company’s need to put his/her mark on the company’s most obvious piece of property.

I have seen item #3 happen so many times that I’ve grown a little suspicious of anyone recommending a logo change without serious justification. :)

Besides, once you start down that road, it gets slippery fast.

^^^^ props

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2008, 02:35:26 PM »
Quote from: "julie74"

lol we're almost done with two expose sites and the portal... no progress at all.. keep believing that.. im amazed at how well everyone is getting along, but you wouldnt know that because your a guest, and you're not allowed to view the private forums now are you? hmmm ex-referral agent granted access but not you? says something doesn't it.

Ex-referral agent, you must be referring to yourself then?  :roflmao:

More websites! just what is needed, why didn't I think of that? There are only dozens of them already... of course that will put the final nail in the coffin of this industry! /sarcasm

Are you recycling the teenhelp.us URL, or did you let that one expire?

julie.  can you contact me via email.  [email protected]
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2008, 03:07:29 PM »

lol we're almost done with two expose sites and the portal... no progress at all.. keep believing that.. im amazed at how well everyone is getting along, but you wouldnt know that because your a guest, and you're not allowed to view the private forums now are you?

Last edited by kev (antiWWASP.com) on Today, 20:37, edited 1 time in total.

I wonder why Kevin edited that part out?

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2008, 03:13:49 PM »
Quote from: "Isabelle"
I wonder why Kevin edited that part out?

I suggested on IM that it was both provocative, not something to be proud of, and .  He agreed.

Look.  I'm not happy about Kev's past but he realized he made a mistake and is no longer referring.  I wouldn't be working with him otherwise on the APALL project and neither would anybody else I know.  Unlike Isabelle, who lied and hid what she was doing, Kev did so openly and, to the best of my knowledge had good intentions, however misguided and however bad the result.  The key here is that he is not doing it anymore.

Offline kev (antiWWASP.com)

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2008, 03:24:03 PM »
i was asked to delete that, but regardless.. i've also been asked to apologize for the miscommunication earlier. i was attacked and provoked and will not be apologizing to the trolls or to julie (same thing), but i do owe the fornits community an apology for not being clearer in what i meant by "guests" in my original post. For you see, in my community, we have trust, no outsiders.. Its a community for people to rely on each other. At antiWWASP, before requiring registration, every guest was a troll... but i quickly eliminated that (unfortunately along with anonymity) for the benefit of teens trying to find comfort in a safe place to share their experiences. i have to keep this short or i will have to force myself to respond to the rest of the attacks to come.. so basically although i believe far more is being contradicted on your end than my own, i will offer the following short apology to anyone willing to accept it:

Fornits, I apologize, for one, for ever believing that putting another kid in my shoes was appropriate. (referring)

Secondly, I wholeheartedly did not mean my original post as an attack, but text is wonderful when it comes to miscommunicating thoughts, ideas, and opinions. I am sorry for this as well, please forgive me.

(this message was coerced by your admin)... lol not the apology though, im very serious about that.
[9:26:52 AM] Michael Crawford says: it\'s an orange splotch with sentimental value to ginger.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2008, 03:39:14 PM »
Half hearted fake apologies for the sake of "unity" make me want to puke.  At least Kevin was honest before, now he's Psy little groupie.

Offline kev (antiWWASP.com)

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2008, 03:42:05 PM »
are you riding the "hater-mobile" today julie, or are your granny pannies wedged too deep?
[9:26:52 AM] Michael Crawford says: it\'s an orange splotch with sentimental value to ginger.

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
    • http://www.carstenovergaard.dk
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2008, 03:45:13 PM »
On behaft of Secret Prisons for Teens:

You can take our advice or don't, but here it is:

I think that each website and the organisation behind them should take their own path using whatever strength they have.

All the website have strengths and weaknesses. We at Spft have learned to live with them. We have tried to suggest that Fornits should moderate. They won't and we respect their decision. But because the Fornits message boards have periods being flooded with spam and trolls and internal wars, we have decided to take another approach in our work than before.

We kicked Fornits Wiki into gear. A couple of months ago we decided to make each edit on our local server first and then let the persons in our group copy it to the wiki's which use our structures. Notice wiki's. That means several. Some public, some in torrents networks hidden. We are not picky and don't care about copyright regarding our contributions. All we ask of websites using our pages are that they don't refer children. We don't care if they only use a part of our database. We acknowledge that a page about a program in Denmark or China don't have a lot of interest for American readers.

This is how we work for the time being:

1) All the volunteers are investigating through their own internet connections.

2) When they post something, they use a VPN connection to a machine here in my house which have two Internet providers active and one in spare. From this machine they access our wiki and let the people responsible for copying to others wikis know that new info are ready. All edits will be made from these three IP-numbers and from a single machine if some wants to backtrace them. Maybe we have people inside the States, maybe not.

The persons responsible for posting to Fornits is Rotsne and Oscar. Wiki Researcher are working with Fican and I to help them through a crisis. Jensp has anti-wwasp, KentD cafety, Paulu Youthright. Communication with Heal-online and Isac are ongoing from case to case whenever we feel that we all can benefit eachother. We also have people watching and posting on conductdiscorders and several other places posing as parents with problems kids and sometime giving anti-program advice and cultural lections in the superior culture in the nordic countries.

Kev: I know that you are trying to give them advices based on good intention. Leave it. This board works in another way. If they want to have these periods of total anarchism, let them have them. After all when they are functioning, they provide valuable information.

What your board is doing is also good. WWASP aka whatevertheycallthemselvesthismonth needs to have your board on their back. I have been thinking of contacting the owner of TBfight in order to offer him or her our help, so they can get the spam out of their board and renew it a little without removing its purpose.

We believe that there should be room for both general boards and targeted boards in the Anti-BM movement. We feel that our purpose is to gather all these small pieces every single board diggs up and exchange them. Here is perhaps your finest role regarding the anti-wwasp - Fornits cooperation. Sharing with an open heart whenever your board diggs up. On the other hand, I urge the Fornits members to do the same whenever they find any information, that could benefit anti-wwasp.

I hope this message clearify what we are doing at Spft. We are not interested in closing doors, but establishing a wide network.

Regards
Secret Prisons for teens
Carsten Overgaard
Founder

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2008, 03:45:17 PM »
Quote from: "julie74"
Half hearted fake apologies for the sake of "unity" make me want to puke.  At least Kevin was honest before, now he's Psy little groupie.

He meant it.  It took a lot of convincing, though.

PS: I appreciate the vote of confidence in my ability to lead Kev around.  Implying Kev was somehow my bitch gave me quite the chuckle.  Truth is he's more or less one of the most stubborn people I know...  Hardly the kind to be lead around.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2008, 03:47:37 PM »
Carsten.  Minor request: can you guys focus your researching lazers on Midwest Academy.  Check out the APALL forum (bottom of forum list) for the reason.

Ps: thanks for the kind words in your response and the attempt at mediation.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2008, 03:48:37 PM »
what's the point of reading these rediculous guest posts? or why not require registration like the other 90 percent of forums on the internet? you really don't stand to benefit in my opinion from these losers who use this place to fuel their hunger for conflict.. its like an infestation.. your database is full of garbage... clogged and unhealthy garbage, you should purge them. i really figured you for an innovator ginger, someone who sees change as a means for growth... these "stubborn" ideals don't improve your website, on the contrary, I've avoided fornits for so long for that reason alone. I have to choose besides function and form, and should i really have to? why not provide both? you're entitled to do whatever you wish as you own this site and everything inside it, and i'm just stating an opinion so it can be lost in the pile with everyone elses opinions i suppose, but these changes would improve your website's overall look and feel, and make yourself look more appear a bit more "giving" in the process. now i realize you don't care a lot about how others view you, i'm sure you could probably care less. thats not the point, you're the one in control. i would create a forum to steal your traffic in a moderated environment but im only an asshole, not a fucktard. such is the beauty of unmoderated forums, correct? i can do WHATEVER i want... so at this point, what i want is to tear the heart and sole of your webforums out, and steal all the traffic, will these posts also stand aside the rest of the unmoderated content? or will you delete them to benefit yourself while i try to manipulate your audience?

i can live with unmoderated forums when the content of the visitors posts have relevance, but you've unleashed these society rejects with free reign to confront and torment legitimate people with vested interests, without any control. it's alarming. Free Speech is invaluable, but i am going to try to develop a plan to dispose of the people who's sole purpose is "getting a rise" and "fucking with people". i would hate to have to steal your audience, and i'm not threatening you at all, there is just a legitimate need for a larger moderated forum with content you seem to have already accumulated. i'm sure there are several people here more than willing to pack up, move, and be troll-free, does that sound unreasonable?

this is not a personally directed message, i'm writing this to the webmaster and administrator of a website in my genre, so the way i see it, i'm actually just stating my intentions. i also believe your content to be the primary reason for your traffic, its just a shame i have to dig through pounds of bullshit to find the gems, i simply don't have that kind of time. so all-in-all, i'm just asking you to bend in favor of the common good, regardless of personal or emotional beliefs. there is no benefit to me personally here, i just want to see this place be as awesome as it's capable of being.

great job so far by the way, all these years and you're still doing things your way, or the highway, you must be doing something right (tried really hard to be nice here!) lol... again, take it as an attack if you wish, but i'm more just picking your brain to understand why someone so intelligent can't weigh the argument with logic involved... how about this, if there was a way to take out every troll, would you do it?

Are you really that arrogant of a person to think that you can come here, being the newbie and trash Fornits like you are?
Why don't you shut up and go home? BTW, if you really do in fact think that free speech is invaluable then quit calling people whose posts that you do not like societal rejects. It simply proves that you do not value free speech like you claim that you do.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2008, 03:50:56 PM »
Quote from: "Covergaard"
If they want to have these periods of total anarchism, let them have them. After all when they are functioning, they provide valuable information.

That's the thing with fornits.  It ebbs and flows... but we don't control that.  Ginger and I believe the posters themselves should be the ones to decide that.  Sometimes it is chaos, and sometimes there are periods of informational prosperity.