Author Topic: Your Taxes Pay for Peninsula Village  (Read 2633 times)

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
Your Taxes Pay for Peninsula Village
« on: November 29, 2008, 10:36:01 PM »
I'll ask Act.da to host this document, but for now here's the teaser.  This is a lawsuit brought by a teen placed in PV by the DCS asking reimbursement of his social security funds used to pay PV.  It gets much, much worse.  Act.da, this is a smoking gun we've been looking for!  I'll give you a call, there are other cases we can review.  I have no idea how these documents suddenly appeared and I refuse to say anymore.  Never question serendipity.  No wonder TN DCS refused to cooperate with an investigation...      

BEFORE THE TENNESSEE STATE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION

IN THE MATTER OF:

R.G.

VS.

TENNESSEE DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN'S SERVICES                      

CASE NO. 02-41

FINDINGS OF FACTS:  CONCLUSIONS OF LAW AND FINAL ORDER

Excerpt, emphasis added)

The breakdown of cost associated with the student's stay at Peninsula Village indicates that Social Security benefits were not used to pay for educational and related services,  The total cost of services provided to the student by Peninsula Village was $89,096.50 (see Exhibit 54).  Of this amount, $42,785.25 was paid by TennCare for medical or treatment services. (Id.)  The remaining $46,311.25 was paid by taxpayers of the State of Tennessee, with $6,411.20 reimbursed from the student's Social Security benfits which were supplied by the taxpayers of the United States of America.

In the final analysis, the student was in DCS custody because of the student's delinquent behaviors.  Absent those behaviors, DCS would not have been forced to place the student in Peninsula Village.

...Upon reviewing the relevant Social Security Administration Regulations it does not appear that the purpose of the Social Security benefits was to create a savings account for juvenile delinquents but was intended to pay living expenses.

DCS is the prevailing party.  

It is so ordered.

JAMES STEPHEN KING
ADMINISTRATIVE LAW JUDGE

DATED:  April 21, 2003

If anyone else wants to look into this, one of the contracts between TN DCS and PV  is Contract No. H2026
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline act.da

• View Profile
Re: Your Taxes Pay for Peninsula Village
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 11:45:31 PM »
WOW! Nice work zen, shoot me an email with the file and I'll upload it where I've got the others. CC psy on these docs as well for the fornits pv index folder. PV likes to dig themselves into deep holes, we like to find them and show the world.
<&/PV>
[size=85]"that protester guy is still coming"[/size]

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
Re: Your Taxes Pay for Peninsula Village
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 09:18:36 PM »
landing the space shuttle in CA instead of FL necessitates an additional $1.2 million (approximately) in mission cost. They have to strap that hog on the back of a 747 and send her GMT bound to disney world for the next launch).

I'm down with that.

However, I'm not down with politicians shotcalling on my grip.