Author Topic: So what is this all about  (Read 66011 times)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
So what is this all about
« on: November 26, 2008, 12:36:26 PM »
Well.  A few days ago I was invited to antiWWASP to take place in a discussion on how to end the industry.  The general consensus was that at the moment we, as a collective community of survivors were too divided.  In order to truly fight the industry we must work together.  A central organization, to not control, but to coordinate efforts, could exist to help us to organize ways to work together.  We came up with a name:  A.P.ALL standing for Anti Program ALLiance.

Here is a sketch of what I envision the organization looking like (Pam, an ex-wwasp parent is working on a prettier one at the moment).  Most of this is in the design phase so it's not final at all (pls peoples.  if I make a mistake do not kill me).  This is what I propose.

At the top is the constitution (bad name, I know) which basically a mission statement and a set of rules saying: we're going to fight the industry, and by the way no referrals, ever.  Below that we have the members of congress (explained below), and below that there are two divisions (maybe more in the future, for example, for protesting)

Basically we're brainstorming starting an organization to mass produce anti-program websites (a-la Benchmark exposed). The idea I set forth on the right side of the chart is to have three teams, a research team (R), a writing team (W), and a tech team (T) that does the SEO for the website and makes sure it appears high on Google. Sort of an assembly line. Research team starts off the first phase digging up dirt, interviewing survivors, and presents that information to the writing team that assembles the website (we'll have a template to help this out). Finally, the SEO team polishes the website, analyzes keyword density, and does SEO on the website.

This project will be separate from either AntiWWASP or Fornits itself, governed by a panel of reps from most of the anti program organizations (FICA, TAUSA, CAFETY, ISAC, etc.. but not CAICA of course). We're calling this new organization "a.p.all" (anti program alliance). The purpose of this panel is to agree on which program to focus on next with the websites, to coordinate resources, make decisions or amend the constitution (2/3 majority) and revise the Constitution (unanimous decision.. probably only to go back on amendments if there ever are any). This will keep us to the strict focus of digging up dirt on programs and making websites unless, and only unless, there is a clear consensus to focus on another area (protesting, for example).

Above all the organization will be governed by a constitution dictating two things: purpose (making websites, or other purposes as amended) and rules (NO REFERRALS and a very strict definition of what constitutes a referral... something as strict as the referral free zone for both my peace of mind and to get ISAC on board). Organizations or members can, of course, leave at any time.

I will coordinate the website creation division while Kev will create and control the central website (will have things like social networking, protest coordination, etc...).  An ex-wwasp parent with connections (Pam) will handle fundraising and stuff as well as helping to manage the central team of the "congress" (manage, not control). I am in favor of this (and suggested her for the job) because of the woman's management experience.

So what do people think?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Draft Mission Statement & Goal
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 01:01:03 PM »
Our goal…. to raise public and political awareness of the privatized teen help industry in order to expose the truth about the abuse and torture that takes place in this MUTI-BILLION dollar industry that is the largely unregulated Behavior Modification Industries located in the U.S. and abroad.
Desperate parents are seeking out these facilities in order to help their struggling teens; only to find out later that their child endured unimaginable cruelty at the hands of people that were supposed to help our teens.

Our Mission…to end the privatized and UNREGULATED physical, psychological and emotional abuse of minors and parents within the Behavior Modification industry.

I am opening this up for comments, suggestions, modifications, etc.  Please...this is a collective cause and all feedback is welcomed.  I just wanted to put something out there for people the think about.

Best Wishes,
~pam

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Draft Mission Statement & Goal
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 01:14:14 PM »
Quote from: "Miss Antsy Pam"
Our goal…. to raise public and political awareness of the MUTI-BILLION dollar "troubled teen" industry in order to expose the truth about the abuse, fraud, and torture that takes place.
Desperate parents are seeking out these facilities in order to help their struggling teens; only to find out later that their child endured unimaginable cruelty at the hands of people that were supposed to help our teens.

Our Mission…to end the physical, psychological and emotional abuse of minors and parents within the Troubled Teen / Behavior Modification / Emotional Growth Industry.

I would suggest changing it to the above, removing private as well as unregulated (there are bad regulated programs such as Peninsula Village, as well as bad public programs... just ask Martin Lee Anderson).

How do people feel about opposing forced treatment of any kind?
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: So what is this all about
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 01:36:19 PM »
The use of the words..."Behavior Modification" and "Emotional Growth" industry are one in the same and will be used interchangeably

~pam

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 01:56:38 PM »
Quote from: "psy"

I am, of course, wholly of this mind myself... HOWEVER, I worry that if you focus too unduly on this particular issue, you will lose the audience of parents who are convinced their kid is seriously ill, or seriously in danger of succumbing to the evils of addiction, yada yada yada.

If it were up to me, I would focus more on the primary goal of EXPOSING the corruption and abuse going on in the belly of the beast.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 01:59:33 PM »
The use of the words..."Behavior Modification" and "Emotional Growth" industry are one in the same and will be used interchangeably

~pam

That's one of the most difficult and frustrating thing about this industry.  As soon as something gets a bad rap, they change the damn name, which leave me thinking: every once in a while we're going to probably have to go back through the websites and do a couple "search & replace" actions to make the old terms reflect current marketing.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 02:02:46 PM »
Quote from: "Ursus"

I am, of course, wholly of this mind myself... HOWEVER, I worry that if you focus too unduly on this particular issue, you will lose the audience of parents who are convinced their kid is seriously ill, or seriously in danger of succumbing to the evils of addiction, yada yada yada.

If it were up to me, I would focus more on the primary goal of EXPOSING the corruption and abuse going on in the belly of the beast.
I, too, am leaning in that direction since it's also a divisive issue.  Let's focus on working on and with what everybody can agree on (bolded above).  Similarly, we discussed on antiWWASP that it would probably be better for a central organization to stay out of any other divisive issues (such as whether regulation can work or is a good idea).  Where we don't agree totally, we can work individually.  The only thing we basically agreed on needed to be set in stone was the "no referrals" stance for a number of reasons (many of which are obvious).

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 03:48:25 PM »

~pam

That's one of the most difficult and frustrating thing about this industry.  As soon as something gets a bad rap, they change the damn name, which leave me thinking: every once in a while we're going to probably have to go back through the websites and do a couple "search & replace" actions to make the old terms reflect current marketing.

Either that or try and come up with terms that are more direct, therefore more all-encompassing, than the euphemisms the industry uses.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline wdtony

• View Profile
    • http://www.pfctruth.com
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2008, 04:00:38 PM »
Many of these ideas are great. I like the breakdown and regimentation. I also understand that this would be a work in progress. It seems to me that the Behavior mod Industry is slippery intentionally, especially when you bring the brainwashing aspect into the mix. The bottom line though is that this would be a good idea for the purpose of educating the public and parents.

Can't referrals go on behind the scenes if someone in this coalition decides they think some programs are ok? I think it is important to be careful who is privy to certain bits of information which could result in another sue scheff.

Some of these anti-program orgs. have tried to work together as a collective in the past. Didn't work out too well. I hate to be pessimistic, but I am unsure if it will happen now. Is there any way to form something where anti-program orgs. don't have to work so closely together?

I am in the process of getting a new website off the ground but one won't be enough. I like the idea of having multiple pages addressing programs, in other words a website with each page containing info on a particular program. Like a summation with links to other info and a link to the main page. Easier to navigate and get quick info.
Pathway Family Center Truth = http://www.pfctruth.com

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2008, 04:06:02 PM »
Quote from: "Antigen"

~pam

Either that or try and come up with terms that are more direct, therefore more all-encompassing, than the euphemisms the industry uses.
thought reform industry?  Now that is calling a spade a spade.  I like it. We can hyperlink it and explain the term on a separate page.

I like the general idea too.  We can try and use less of their language on the webpages (but this may present issues for SEO).

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2008, 04:07:18 PM »
Quote from: "wdtony"
Can't referrals go on behind the scenes if someone in this coalition decides they think some programs are ok? I think it is important to be careful who is privy to certain bits of information which could result in another sue scheff.

I think the best defense against that is a whole lotta "Patti Atwoods" (fake parents testing for integrity).

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2008, 04:13:02 PM »
Quote from: "wdtony"
Some of these anti-program orgs. have tried to work together as a collective in the past. Didn't work out too well. I hate to be pessimistic, but I am unsure if it will happen now. Is there any way to form something where anti-program orgs. don't have to work so closely together?

Well.  That's what we're trying to do.  Find limited situations or projects where where all the orgs can agree on and work together.  While it is unlikely that all the orgs would agree on all issues, there may be some areas where the consensus is unilateral (eg: digging up dirt on programs and tacking it up in public is always a good thing).

I am in the process of getting a new website off the ground but one won't be enough. I like the idea of having multiple pages addressing programs, in other words a website with each page containing info on a particular program. Like a summation with links to other info and a link to the main page. Easier to navigate and get quick info.

Yup.  basically a Benchmark Exposed or a Sue Scheff Truth for each and every program.  If Benchmark suffered enrollment decline from over 60 in 2006 to 13 in 2008, i'd say it's a good idea to expand that general idea to the whole industry.

Offline wdtony

• View Profile
    • http://www.pfctruth.com
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2008, 04:50:20 PM »
Good ideas!, I'll write more when I get off of work, gotta make that green....

T
Pathway Family Center Truth = http://www.pfctruth.com

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2008, 05:27:45 PM »
I'm willing to give it a try.   :nods:

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2008, 05:35:49 PM »
you already know my stance:

1) Project first..
2) alliance later.

Won't do anything more than that at the moment.