Author Topic: So what is this all about  (Read 66043 times)

Offline kev (antiWWASP.com)

• View Profile
Re: So what is this all about
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2008, 12:48:49 AM »
Quote from: "Ursus"
Certainly there needs to be a critical mass of info and material on the site before going public, but I would also like to throw my 2¢ of emphasis on the LOOK of the site as being extremely important. You absolutely do NOT want to unleash it on the public 'till it looks cohesive and professional. Looking forward to seeing it!

well... i would ask pam, psy, or aaron at this point what they think about the "cohesiveness" of what they've seen. :}

our forums are INTEGRATED INSIDE the design.. if you can imagine that...!

OH, and i'm going to count Ursus and Pam as 2/5 volunteers. Just a little bit of participation folks, please?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
[9:26:52 AM] Michael Crawford says: it\'s an orange splotch with sentimental value to ginger.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2008, 05:00:39 AM »
kevin has the portal site well in hand. I'm pretty impressed with it.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2008, 05:03:35 AM »
Quote from: "kev (antiWWASP.com)"
Quote from: "Ursus"
Certainly there needs to be a critical mass of info and material on the site before going public, but I would also like to throw my 2¢ of emphasis on the LOOK of the site as being extremely important. You absolutely do NOT want to unleash it on the public 'till it looks cohesive and professional. Looking forward to seeing it!

well... i would ask pam, psy, or aaron at this point what they think about the "cohesiveness" of what they've seen. :}

our forums are INTEGRATED INSIDE the design.. if you can imagine that...!

OH, and i'm going to count Ursus and Pam as 2/5 volunteers. Just a little bit of participation folks, please?

um, like what? I'm already bitching about stuff on the apall forums and I'm not counted?

Offline kev (antiWWASP.com)

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2008, 05:41:54 AM »
Fine che, I'll count you and hurrikayne as on board as well... though she will probably also be utilized as an editor (if she so chooses she'd like the responsibility that is) as you recommended to me earlier today.

So that puts us at 4/5 volunteers, one more please, and i'll post a beta tester password to these forums, so you can all join us on the new board.. It's bare bones, just the forums inside the design, but with a few mouse clicks i can populate the forums with the design in under 2 minutes...
[9:26:52 AM] Michael Crawford says: it\'s an orange splotch with sentimental value to ginger.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2008, 08:03:15 AM »
kewl.. I'm gonna go bitch more now.

Offline hurrikayne

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2008, 08:54:55 AM »
Kev, looked like the bear might want to do some editing as well, and from the looks of it we'll be able to come up with enough for more than one...I can do some writing as well, if needed.
"Motivation is everything. You can do the work of two people, but you can\'t be two people. Instead, you have to inspire the next guy down the line and get him to inspire his people. " - Lee Iacocca

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2008, 09:03:17 AM »
Quote from: "hurrikayne"
Kev, looked like the bear might want to do some editing as well, and from the looks of it we'll be able to come up with enough for more than one...I can do some writing as well, if needed.
noooooooooooo.  I want the bear to help research Midwest!
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Rusty Goat

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2008, 09:08:24 AM »
I'll bid. Keep in mind time is somewhat limited on my end, just let me know how I can best utilize it.

Offline hurrikayne

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2008, 09:11:02 AM »
noooooooooooo. I want the bear to help research Midwest!

Yessss, masssssster.  So sorry masssssster.  Heheheheheee.
"Motivation is everything. You can do the work of two people, but you can\'t be two people. Instead, you have to inspire the next guy down the line and get him to inspire his people. " - Lee Iacocca

Offline Miss Antsy Pam

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2008, 10:48:17 AM »
Hello Ursus....nice o meet everyone over here.    The new APALL.org site is amazing and Psy's designs for the individual school sites flow beautifully with Kev's design on the portal site...even though they worked independently...truly amazing, this synergy that is being created.  

~pam
United we stand....divided....we fail!

Offline iamartsy

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2008, 03:41:24 AM »
So is it correct to say that this is more of an invite thing and the that some of us are excluded? I want to say clique but don't want to piss anyone off. You know where to find me.

Offline Miss Antsy Pam

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 30, 2008, 06:22:22 AM »
Quote from: "iamartsy"
So is it correct to say that this is more of an invite thing and the that some of us are excluded? I want to say clique but don't want to piss anyone off. You know where to find me.

Once the site goes "live" no one will be excluded unless you do something that goes against our Mission/Charter...like referring to a program.  Yes, certain people have been "invited" to participate as you say, but only in the creation phase of this new project.  Once A.P.ALL.org goes live, you will have access just as you do here on fornits and on antiwwasp.com.

Since we are still in the design phase...opening up feedback on the design of the portal/site would be counter productive at this point.  There is A LOT of negotiating going on behind the scenes and some individuals will retain absolute design control on their respective areas/sites.  This new site is a collaboration of many different organizations....to some it is a miracle that we have even made it this far in such a short time!

Please do not feel as though certain members are being excluded intentionally or as a personal affront.  We are breaking new ground here and don't want to "blow it" before we even get to the gate...so to speak!  

~pam
United we stand....divided....we fail!

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 30, 2008, 06:28:15 AM »
Quote from: "iamartsy"
Not quite.  We're just setting up a big project here and it's useful to do it without the guest chatter and trolling.  This was originally on another website but there was a technical problem so we moved here.  This is more or less temporary.

Well.  In other news, we have a lot of work to do, so if you want to help out, we're currently working on researching Midwest academy.
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Rusty Goat

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 30, 2008, 11:55:44 AM »
It was once said... "Please do not feel as though certain members are being excluded intentionally or as a personal affront. We are breaking new ground here and don't want to "blow it" before we even get to the gate...so to speak!"

Now that this forum is 100% public, what does this mean?    ???

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 30, 2008, 12:02:09 PM »
Quote from: "Rusty Goat"
Now that this forum is 100% public, what does this mean?    ???

It's not public.  Only users in the "apall" group can accesss this forum (guests and regular registered users cannot).  I did this because act.da suggested that the password would be easy to guess.