Author Topic: So what is this all about  (Read 66007 times)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Re: So what is this all about
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2008, 12:15:10 AM »
Quote from: "wdtony"
First, Thank you for the invitation. I forgot to mention that earlier.

What can be done as a collective about the HR 6358 situation?

As a collective, we've decided not to touch that as an issue since not everybody agrees on it (some think regulation can work).  The idea of a.p.all is to do things that everybody agrees on.

And, I like the idea of having a web-page for each program similar to what the Hephzibah Girls have put together. Similar to an anti-program page with those who want to put their story out there as a warning to others and to expose how the process of lies are explained by the specific program. Yes Psy, both of your pages are perfect examples of this too.

Would it be better to work as individuals with web-pages and just link to each other?

Sure, that could work, but working together could yield faster and higher quality results.

What will be expected from me to help form this?

Well.  I invited you because I feel you're a great writer.

If you are generally just wanting to link up web-pages, that sounds great. I just don't want to inadvertantly help programs by conducting ineffective practices or sharing information with "unknowns".

Well.  I'm not sure how much information sharing of private information there would be (i mean, everythign published on the website will be public).  I'm not sure I see your concern.

The "Brainwashing" and "Cult" aspects used within programs must be stressed regardless of our direction or affiliation.

I agree.  ISAC has an excellent article called "can a program be a cult".

Whether we like it or not, something like this has to happen eventually to be as effective as we need to be.

I agree.  It's a somewhat controversial proposal to use the word "cult", but ultimately that's the best way to understand the origin and practices of the industry (not to mention how it can sustain itself).
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2008, 12:18:40 AM »
Quote from: "wdtony"
First, Thank you for the invitation. I forgot to mention that earlier.

What can be done as a collective about the HR 6358 situation?

Hope a piano falls on George Miller's head is my suggestion.

and again..

1) Anti-program website first
2) big gas bag org later.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2008, 12:32:41 AM »
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
Quote from: "Deprogrammed"
you already know my stance:

1) Project first..
2) alliance later.

Won't do anything more than that at the moment.

I second that motion!

:notworthy:  :notworthy:

All hail the haters of bureaucracy!

Well.  If you guys are really itching to get to work, I got some for you here:

viewtopic.php?f=73&t=26219
viewtopic.php?f=73&t=26220
viewtopic.php?f=73&t=26218
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline wdtony

• View Profile
    • http://www.pfctruth.com
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2008, 12:41:08 AM »
If you are looking for a good writer, Ursus writes well and seems very logical.

I am very interested in this, keep me posted.

T
Pathway Family Center Truth = http://www.pfctruth.com

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2008, 12:56:25 AM »
Quote from: "psy"
Quote from: "Deprogrammed"
you already know my stance:

1) Project first..
2) alliance later.

Won't do anything more than that at the moment.

I second that motion!

:notworthy:  :notworthy:

All hail the haters of bureaucracy!

Well.  If you guys are really itching to get to work, I got some for you here:

http://www.fornits.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=26219
http://www.fornits.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=26218

I'm talking with a certain someone who we both know about getting or using some certain documents for a certain website that finally is coming online nearly 6 months after a certain someone who will remain nameless (me) purchased the domain.

I'll get back to you once that certain someone gives me a decision. I think that certain someone might have some certain restraint logs available for a certain 60 plus restraints in one month.

Conversely, you can always mine ISAC and Heal for their information. Both have some pretty good blurbs up that seem worthy of reading for that certain program that shall likewise remain nameless(PV) at this time.

Still psy.. I'm serious about my desire not to see this get bloated up into some monstrously dumbass org. If it gets that far I'm founding www.Assholes-for-freedom.org (or something to that affect) and will bribe you know who(kev)  into giving me space on the portal to express my insincere admiration at the folly that will have been created.

1) seems to be being addressed.
2) All the org chat really should be left on the slow burner till we get some work done. I don't mean not discuss it, but I do mean focusing on the project first and letting an org grow out of those efforts.

Offline kev (antiWWASP.com)

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2008, 05:45:10 AM »
Sorry for being late... :D

I've been extremely busy crafting this beauty of a program destroying website.. It will be a pleasure to blend the works of all these organizations (and the to-be-written materials) into a seamlessly integrated expose portal. It won't happen overnight, but change will come from this project if we can believe in trusting each other enough to share information. Psy and I are working together (it hasn't been easy, we butted heads for 3 days before sharing our proposal with all of you) in an effort to realize what can be done collectively, rather than struggle independently to get our voices heard. I strongly encourage you to put aside any differences you might have in favor of seeing awareness of these issues on a much, much, larger scale. Psy, Pam, and myself know what we're doing, you are in capable hands, just trust that we're all in this for the same reasons (for the most part) and that the mistrust will be our biggest hurdle. That aside, this is a very logical plan when you think about it.. As stated before, this was basically inevitable. I don't even remember how it started now to be honest, but i'm glad it's happening, that much i do know.

I do hope you'll join us on the new website's forum tomorrow when i give you all a sneak peak to get your mouths watering, and your fingers typing. I'll post here when i'm ready to preview it to all of you on a strictly password access basis. We don't want the enemy to have any warning of our intentions or drive a wedge between us somehow before lift off. I'm for Che's plan for the most part, and I think you'll all feel much better with a glimpse of my new "frankenstein".
[9:26:52 AM] Michael Crawford says: it\'s an orange splotch with sentimental value to ginger.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2008, 07:46:44 AM »
Oh yes.. get ready for www.assholes-for-freedom.org!

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2008, 10:02:36 AM »
So what do people feel should be the next program to cover after PV?  Suggestions?  I was leaning towards Midwest Academy.  I figure we go NATSAP > WWASP > STRAIGHT > OTHER and then back around to NATSAP.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2008, 10:10:12 AM »
You know we have enough participation from antiwwasp that we should get them to put together something on Midwest with anything that the rest of us unwashed proles can contribute. I think with the amount of information we all have it could probably be done at the same time as PV.

I'll keep sniffing for fresh meat for 3 springs. There are older statements out there, but I know enough kids and ex-staff it seems a shame to waste their input.

so suggestion:

Team 1: PV
Team 2: Midwest of WWASP program of their choice

-Three Springs in development
- HLA in development(maybe)
-Psych hospital or Psych industry informational site.

and you just know we have to hit HLA.. someone bounce Deborah an email about this. At the very least she can link us to reams of data about HLA.

Also I want to get Iamartsy started on collating information for a site to shit on a psych hospital and I think you know why I want her to do that. We could get her paired with a couple others who know that patch of hell and turn them loose. Long term benefits we could make decent contacts in the psych abuse advocacy orgs.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 10:25:11 AM by Che Gookin »

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2008, 10:21:28 AM »
Well.  A few points.  One is that I partially suggested Midwest to be the next because I wanted to build cooperation with the anti-WWASP community.  Secondly, as soon as the research division passes it's work to the writing division, the research division then starts on a new project.  It's an assembly line stream of production.  There is no need for the research division to wait for the writing and tech teams before moving onto something else (I fully expect there will be enough people to rest and share the workload.  we can cut back the speed if needs be).  Since the Pv research is more or less done and it's writing time now, I recommend we start on Midwest more or less immediately if there are no objections.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2008, 10:26:21 AM »
dude.. you do realize we both just repeated each other?

Get out of mind.

:jawdrop:

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2008, 10:36:08 AM »
dude.. you do realize we both just repeated each other?

Get out of mind.

only because you edited your post after I wrote mine

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2008, 10:52:50 AM »
but only because your promised me a night filled with fine champs and romance sweetie did I change my post.

so let's dig up the dirt on midwest eh?

unleash the hounds!

or in our case turn loose the bear.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2008, 02:54:37 PM »
I can't thank you all enough for all the truly GREAT ideas I am hearing.  United we will stand, but I am also on the:

1)project first - creating the APALL.org portal
2) alliance...hot bag of gas.org chart..shit..I think that was the term Che used...lol

bandwagon.  We already have someone working on the portal as we type/speak.  I expect it will be up soon and what a great thing it will be to have all the links accessible from one place....don't know why someone did not come up with this brilliant idea sooner!  However, the only way it will work is if we stick to things we agree on. We have some incredible people all willing to participate in what will hopefully become a momentum of culminating events in 2009.

My background is corporate consulting...I would advise my clients to begin any new venture, especially if it to be a "joint venture" slowly and narrowly focused.  The first order of business is getting the APALL.org portal/website up and running.  There are a lot of things that can be happening simultaneously by individuals and other orgs willing to donate time for research, writing content, technical expertise to assist with creating the new sites
for each school/program.  Maybe we should just lose the words "behavior modification".."emotional growth" out of the lexicon for discussion purposes and maybe we need to take them out of the mission statement...since they keep changing, we must remain unwavering in our mission to squash whatever they might be calling these program schools at any given time.  I like the name they have from Denmark...secretprisonsforteens.com...something like that.

OUR wording should probably be as consistent as possible - they are already running people...they KNOW we are gaining power...in number and in information.  The only good thing I heard was that enrollment at these program schools is dropping....THANK GOD!

I thank you all for your willingness to help!
~pam

Offline kev (antiWWASP.com)

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2008, 04:16:58 PM »
i've got an error to fix in the antiwwasp forums today before i can get any help from the antiwwasp community about midwest... some crazy posting error. You can post threads fine, but cant reply to any threads.. its weird but im looking into it so i know whether to reinstall everything (many plugins involved), or just patch the holes. the survivors list is an extremely valuable resource also, considering you can search from the main page for terms like say... "midwest" and get a few results.. scanning the list manually will be most rewarding however.

the only person off hand i remember going to this particular school and wanting to speak about it is Lily - http://http://www.antiwwasp.com/studentarticles/34-wwasprelated/53-lilys-wwasp-article.html - but she only mentions her experience briefly in the article she submitted, she focused solely on her time in Casa.. The last sentence in the article is the only time she said anything about Midwest, I almost thought I was mistaken that she attended reading through it just now.
[9:26:52 AM] Michael Crawford says: it\'s an orange splotch with sentimental value to ginger.