Author Topic: Forced Conversion  (Read 2476 times)

Offline joethebadass

• View Profile
Forced Conversion
« on: November 17, 2008, 12:42:19 PM »
I decided to do a little independent research on Teen Challenge because one just recently opened in the town where I live. I posed as a father who was looking for a place to forcibly convert his son to Christianity.  After inquiring if this was something that was even possible, I was assured in an almost offhand way "Oh, yeah, we can definitely convert your son." I was informed that the facility near me does not take children against their will, but that other Teen Challenge centers do, and that the nearest place that I could get my fictional sixteen year old son forcibly converted to Christianity against his will was the Teen Challenge facility in Branson, Missouri.

Forced conversion... sounds like brainwashing to me.
Fuck that place majorly.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Joe - "So what if a kid gets sent here who doesn\'t need or deserve it?"

Staff - "Bans."

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Re: Forced Conversion
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 03:28:23 PM »
It also gets state funding under the state based initiative.  PS:  I'd very much be interested in any written and/or recorded correspondance you have with the facility.  While there is already documentation out there that they do forced conversions, the more documentation the better.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Forced Conversion
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 09:01:33 PM »
I think we all want to see any docs you might have. Post them up yo.