Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > CAN ~ Collective Action Network

Outside World or Real World

<< < (2/2)

Che Gookin:
For the most part I've found people just as viscious, just as deranged, and just as moronic as I did working in programs. The only difference is the location and my ability to tune them out. Of course If I'd stop hanging out in some of the places I tend to hang out I probably meet some better folks. But then life would be boring.

People I think tend to spend most of their time running their own program no matter where they are in some way or another.

If you are happy rolling the way you are rolling then more power to you.

seamus:
I specifically remember good 'ol Dave Crock going on and on about how the people not in straight were not able to be honest with themselves,full of shit etc and so on,funny how ironic that statement is now though as,to an extent its true,but its even MORE true of the program itself.I remember it well,sitting in the sweltering heat of the Morgan Yacht bldg,in a "guys rap".Bored as shit kicking at a piece of that dried resin shit,thet was stuck everywhere on the floor.See this was BEFORE the goddamn blue chairs ,when we had the old wooden folding wooden pieces of shit,famous for generating splinters into ones ass,whenever we had to "motivate". They seemed to think that noone was ever gonna be in the real world,I mean they'd have taught us to transition somehow if that was the plan.On my intake they said some shit about having "200 friends for life", I didnt believe it even then.I got bounced from fosterhome to fosterhome to fosterhome,cause my family,such as it was,lived down in Venice.I got to go home maybe 4 times overnight on 2nd and 3rd phase together.It was hell,but afew of the fosterhomes were OK.Not one goddamn iota of this taught me jack shit about dealing with the real world.See I never did much care for the real world anyways,too much going on in it and most of it not worth the energy to participate in,all worried about status,and image and vanity that has absolutly no value,and less substance.A lot of the real world seems shallow and perfunctory to me,straight was a little slice of that,like a microcosm of the bigger world,chalk full of backstabbery,snitches and assholes with an agenda of fuckery,where the only motive is money,by any means possible,no matter who gets fucked,which is shit I just cant get behind.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version