Author Topic: Milwaukee boot camp-style school and Trash compactor  (Read 1173 times)

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
Milwaukee boot camp-style school and Trash compactor
« on: November 06, 2008, 04:25:27 PM »
Any one know which school this is?

Teen compacted in garbage truck
MILWAUKEE - A teenage boy survived after he was accidentally dumped into the back of a recycling truck and compacted.

Police say the 14-year-old Milwaukee boy ran away from a boot camp-style school for teens Monday and hid among cardboard in a large recycling bin.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi- ... 5562.story
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Milwaukee boot camp-style school and Trash compactor
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 11:29:08 PM »
Well I bet that surprised the hell out of the garbage truck driver.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 01:03:55 AM »
Milwaukee Leadership Training Academy

Boy survives ordeal in trash truck

I will mail Rotsne so he can investigate if this place deserves to be on Fornits wiki.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 05:37:14 AM »
So done: Here is the datasheet.

It is a charter school and my investigation resulted in two other candidates for our database.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 07:20:37 AM »
Amazing what you can kick up when you take the time to look. Anything solid on them or is it second hand sources?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 01:25:08 PM »
Almost all our information are from the local newspapers. I don't know if they are tabloids, but I guess that they dont like a lawsuit.

The charter school situation in Milwaukee can be described with one word: Chaos!

On our own wiki we have three articles (they will be copied to Fornits Wiki once they are finished)

Milwaukee Leadership Training Center
Right Step
LaBrew Troopers Military University School

We are talking teenagers working in daylight because they cannot afford power. Several school with several cases of abuse. No requirement for licensed teachers or even oversight to ensure the quality throughout the year. Only when they after the exam shows their shortcoming they are fired. Some schools dont even have teachers because they cannot afford paying them. The students use the time to fight and the police have to close them for the day. State orders private school out of choice program, By ALAN J. BORSUK, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel; Jan 28, 2005 (reprint)

Police were called Monday to one of two buildings operated by Academic Solutions, a large, one-story building at 4055 N. 34th St. with almost no windows and corrugated metal exterior walls.
The DPI order said that police were told by students that no teachers had been present all day because teachers had not been paid. In their absence, several students in a classroom began fighting.

One teacher continued to work with children while he was on trial for abuse. He was aquitted because the vitnesses dissapeared.

I know that charter school can result in fewer expenses for the city, but without regulation it will end up in Chaos. Look at Sweden. They have charter schools but they are highly regulated and it result in cheap but good quality education.