Author Topic: Children's Psychiatric Hospital (Covington, KY)  (Read 3895 times)

Offline Bandit73

• View Profile
Children's Psychiatric Hospital (Covington, KY)
« on: October 27, 2008, 01:00:48 PM »
I just cannot believe I haven't found people raising hell about this place.

I was there in 1990 around the time I turned 17, and almost all the complaints I've seen about "hospitals" in the "New Info" forum also went on at CPH. This place is still around under the name NorthKey.

They did use a 4-point (possibly 5-point) restraint device called a "boat" quite frequently. When a kid got put in the "boat", the staff would show it to us on a monitor screen to make an example out of them and warn us of what was in store for us if we didn't "behave."

We were also deprived of food and sleep.

On about my second day there, they took me into the examining room and placed a needle in my arm, telling me it was for a "test." But after about a minute, I passed out. I woke up with severe diarrhea. Obviously they were drugging me with something and lying about it. Liars they are.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 03:23:06 PM by Bandit73 »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Re: Children's Psychiatric Hospital (Covington, KY)
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 02:39:54 PM »
Hey, do tell! There are a lot of such places out there still undocumented. The best way to get some momentum going is to provide as much detail as you're comfortable with. Go ahead and use proper names, look up board member names, business affiliates and all the rest. It'll be here when somebody else googles any of those terms in the course of looking under the bed for the dish on their own personal boogie men.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Bandit73

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 03:37:47 PM »
The full name of it was Children's Psychiatric Hospital of Northern Kentucky. It was in the city of Covington, near the border with the suburb of Fort Wright, on Farrell Drive.

On the Internet, I read that it was run by a for-profit corporation. I don't know if it's officially for-profit, but they committed insurance fraud to keep me locked up.

I believe I was there from May 8 to September 18 of 1990. I turned 17 while I was there.

If they want to sue me for exposing them, I should be the one suing those liars for false imprisonment and more.

First day I was there, I got pummeled by the guards for not going to bed on time.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 05:44:52 PM »
Well, if you're concerned about getting sued then take a little time and read up on the history of legal actions in this area. The timing is about right. The judge just dismissed the case by Benchmark against Psy. See also Scheff/PURE vs Bock. Watch the ongoing saga of Sembler v Bradbury (AKA Pump-gate). That may well be the most instructive since Rich started his activism against Straight, Inc. back in the early `80's and hasn't quit since. There's a whole lot of discussion around here about all those cases and threatened cases. Try to get a good idea how to tell the story accurately so as not to draw an action that has merit. Don't give them a legitimate reason to respond. Just tell the truth, document what you can document and be very clear on the difference between stating your opinion or person recollections as opposed to facts that you can prove through a couple of external sources, like filings and proceedings or incidents witnessed by a few people who are willing to back the claim.

Offline Bandit73

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 03:22:04 PM »
For the record, I ended up in CPH because I got expelled from a Catholic high school, and the school threatened to file truancy charges if I didn't enter CPH.

How is getting expelled from a private school a symptom of a psychiatric disorder? It isn't. People get expelled all the time who are as sane as can be.

Offline micheally

• View Profile
    • http://www.bouncerland.com
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 07:06:52 AM »
this is really sad to hear that morons havent left this place too