Author Topic: Steve Rookey's New Program  (Read 15800 times)

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: Steve Rookey's New Program
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2009, 01:24:46 PM »
Quote from: "wild thing"
Mel Wasserman, dyslexic, only had a 7th grade education, undoubtedly why he shunned anything with an academic bent.
James Traub did an article on Hyde School a couple of years ago titled "The Moral Imperative," in which he described Hyde as a place "where character is understood as a kind of antidote to excessive academicism."

Quote from: "RMA Survivor"
Didn't Synanon have their own university or something where they pumped out fake degrees until that was taken away from them at some point?  I know our diplomas were built on the same life credits nonsense.
Now that is interesting, I didn't know that Synanon had its own fake school of higher learning, but it makes sense. Dr. Soltani, who provided psych services to CEDU also had his degree from whatever school it was...that was how Soltani got hooked into CEDU. A few years ago I met a school psych, who knew Soltani and did not think too highly of him. I mentioned that he had a cracker-jacks box degree and the psych was quite insulted, he, too had the same surprise inside degree! Talk about inserting foot in mouth!
Do you know what the actual name of this "university" was?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2009, 03:34:36 PM »
Yes -- it was BROWNSTAIN University.

Offline RMA Survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2009, 09:09:39 AM »
Brownstain U. sounds about right.

But seriously, I can't remember where I read it.  But I read it within the last couple of months.  I was researching Synanon and Mel Wasserman and I remember reading that they had a Diploma Mill in operation, giving out degrees for cash.  This went on apparently for a decade or two, but was finally shut down.  I sure wish I knew what it was called.  I will try and find it again.

Offline Son Of Serbia

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2009, 11:10:04 AM »
Brownstain U. sounds about right.

But seriously, I can't remember where I read it.  But I read it within the last couple of months.  I was researching Synanon and Mel Wasserman and I remember reading that they had a Diploma Mill in operation, giving out degrees for cash.  This went on apparently for a decade or two, but was finally shut down.  I sure wish I knew what it was called.  I will try and find it again.

Could it possibly be "Costa Mesa Community College" or something like that?
For some reason that name popped in my head, I don't know why. I do however remember
several Cedu staff members during my stay (1991-1992) telling me how they
went back to school & "earned" Assosciates degrees after they started working at Cedu.  
Of course they all put a "pro cedu" spin on their stories - telling me how working @ cedu & finishing the program  gave them the inspiration & confidence they needed to go back & finish school, and how in doing so they "learned & grew & are now better people thanks to Cedu."  ::puke::

Russ Decker was one of them - and I don't believe for a second that Russ could ever earn a legitimate college degree.  I mean the guy was/is a total blockhead! Honestly, at 15 yrs. old I knew I was smarter (at least more book smart) than Russ & many other staff who were "teaching" us @ Cedu - so the revealation that Mel Wasserman was counterfitting diplomas & selling them for cash doesn't surprise me at all.  I mean we already know that Mel was a liar,  a cheat, a theif, & an overall scumbag in general - so counterfitting certainly would've been the logical next step for him.

Offline RMA Survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2009, 11:36:20 PM »
I don't know if Mel Wasserman was running a diploma mill, though it wouldn't surprise me to find out he did.  But Synanon ran one as far as I know.  They did have a location in Venice Beach called Casa Del Mar, a renovated hotel I think.  But I don't think the college degrees came from any fixed location, but rather just a couple of professors or something signing off on everyone's "life credits."  Chopping wood, feeding the chickens, cleaning our dorms and the house all the time, was how many of us at RMA/CEDU got our High School credits to graduate.  If it worked for us, I am sure they wouldn't have had too much trouble forming a "private" community college to give out Associate Degrees.  Bachelors, Masters and Doctorates probably wouldn't fly, but who would really check the background on the legitimacy of a two-year degree?  But as far as I know, Synanon was able to give out the higher degrees.  But they were really well connected.  Then again, with all the celebrity kids and elite kids going to RMA/CEDU, maybe Wasserman was connected well too.  However, I have no information that Wasserman was running a diploma mill, except for the life credit system the students got to be a part of.  Lucky us, eh?

Offline wild thing

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2009, 11:16:28 AM »
Russ, blockhead that he was, ultimately did get a degree in business from Redlands after he left CEDU.  He went on to Loma Linda to get his MFC and was on his way to a Ph.D from Loma Linda before his fortunate incarceration for battery and carrying a dangerous weapon AND not adhering to the terms of his sentencing.
Brandi Elliot received a correspondence degree from Coast Community which is why it might ring a bell.  I'm sure there were others.
I wish I could recall the college that Powell and Soltani attended.  I remember being shocked at Powell's resume...B.A. (or B.S. - more applicable) one year, an MA the following and one year later MAGIC, a Ph.D.!

Offline Son Of Serbia

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2009, 09:02:53 AM »
Russ, blockhead that he was, ultimately did get a degree in business from Redlands after he left CEDU.  He went on to Loma Linda to get his MFC and was on his way to a Ph.D from Loma Linda before his fortunate incarceration for battery and carrying a dangerous weapon AND not adhering to the terms of his sentencing.

SHOCKING!  I must say that I really didn't think Russ Decker had it in him.  Then again, apparently this all happened after he quit Cedu -- so one could reasonably assume that once out of the "cedu family", Russ realized he had no real job skills; therefore, no doubt he felt an immediate urgency to get educated.  That would be as good of a motivation as any.  It still doesn't make Russ any less of a blockhead though. Actually, Russ is an even bigger blockhead now.  Think about it.  With all of his advanced education, Russ still couldn't come up with a better way for resolving his domestic problems than forcing open his inlaws front door & beating up his stepson in the shower - on a family holiday no less!!!  And blowing off his sentencing terms? Is Russ smoking crack?  I mean seriously, how fucking stupid could Russ be?  Blockhead, Blockhead, Blockhead.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
What's happening at Ventures in Peace
« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2009, 12:19:32 PM »
Breaking News
Posted: Sep 9, 2009

Ventures in Peace
Lolo, MT

Steve and Elissa Rookey
Owners and Directors
406-273-4273
http://www.venturesinpeace.com

September 9, 2009

Since our first student arrived at the end of March, we have enrolled six students. We currently have three students. Three of our students had successful summer programs at the University of MT, two are currently enrolled full-time and one is going to Marymount College. One of our students is currently working towards high school completion through our distance learning facility, which is equipped to handle high school and college classes/credits/completion from a variety of competent providers.

Our home is designed to accommodate 10 young men and women (ages 18 to 24) in safe, segregated living quarters and our heating system has been converted to a highly energy-efficient and solar ready unit.

Our 3,000 sq.-ft. garden space is producing so much that we are having a difficult time eating everything! We have also been teaching our students how to can, freeze, vacuum seal, and dry our garden goodies.

We have been busy building and working all summer on our vocational curriculum which has included completing the walking path up the mountainside, which is approximately 1 mile long and we have installed a 12X30 horse barn with two stalls and one loafing shed.

We have some exciting projects we will be tackling soon, including the addition of a wall tent or yurt at the top of our mountain, which will be available for solo retreats and the addition and set up of an Equine Therapy program and periodic Wilderness First Responder courses added to our curriculum for those students that are interested.

We have updated our website with more photos and text- please take a look!

If you're checking out the programs in north-western Montana this fall, please come visit us in Lolo, just 15 minutes south of Missoula. We would love to show you around, answer your questions, and share a meal. Thanks, Steven & Elissa Rookey

Copyright © 2009, Woodbury Reports, Inc.

Offline RMA Survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2009, 02:01:11 PM »
Good old Lon Woodbury is the contact for this program.  No surprise there.  Tells you what kind of place it is if he is backing it.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2009, 02:51:22 PM »
Good old Lon Woodbury is the contact for this program.  No surprise there.  Tells you what kind of place it is if he is backing it.
Maybe I'm just not getting it, but how exactly is Lon the contact?

Offline RMA Survivor

• View Profile
Re: What's happening at Ventures in Peace
« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2009, 08:00:28 PM »
Quote from: "Ursus"
Breaking News
Posted: Sep 9, 2009

Ventures in Peace
Lolo, MT

Steve and Elissa Rookey
Owners and Directors
406-273-4273
http://www.venturesinpeace.com

September 9, 2009

Since our first student arrived at the end of March, we have enrolled six students. We currently have three students. Three of our students had successful summer programs at the University of MT, two are currently enrolled full-time and one is going to Marymount College. One of our students is currently working towards high school completion through our distance learning facility, which is equipped to handle high school and college classes/credits/completion from a variety of competent providers.

Our home is designed to accommodate 10 young men and women (ages 18 to 24) in safe, segregated living quarters and our heating system has been converted to a highly energy-efficient and solar ready unit.

Our 3,000 sq.-ft. garden space is producing so much that we are having a difficult time eating everything! We have also been teaching our students how to can, freeze, vacuum seal, and dry our garden goodies.

We have been busy building and working all summer on our vocational curriculum which has included completing the walking path up the mountainside, which is approximately 1 mile long and we have installed a 12X30 horse barn with two stalls and one loafing shed.

We have some exciting projects we will be tackling soon, including the addition of a wall tent or yurt at the top of our mountain, which will be available for solo retreats and the addition and set up of an Equine Therapy program and periodic Wilderness First Responder courses added to our curriculum for those students that are interested.

We have updated our website with more photos and text- please take a look!

If you're checking out the programs in north-western Montana this fall, please come visit us in Lolo, just 15 minutes south of Missoula. We would love to show you around, answer your questions, and share a meal. Thanks, Steven & Elissa Rookey

Copyright © 2009, Woodbury Reports, Inc.

If you look at the bottom, it says Woodbury Reports, Inc.  Then if you actually use the link and go to the page, when you click on contact, the email program pops up and the addressee is Lon Woodbury himself.  This guy has his fingers in the pies of almost every teen prison camp.  And he doesn't suggest to parents any programs he doesn't personally get kickbacks from.

And when I was at Rocky Mountain Academy, he was on campus all the time.  Lives in Bonners Ferry with his wife Denise, who is a District Attorney there.  Hence why Richard Armstrong, after "allegedly" raping Twila Stephenson, a former RMA staff member when Richard was working there, got off without being charged.  Thick as thieves they are.

Additionally, Steve Rookey was the hired cook when I was there.  Arrived in late '84, early '85.  From what I hear he later married in to the Wasserman Clan.  Not sure about that, as I have no personal knowledge this was the case, but it makes sense.  So Steve Rookie was staff at RMA, when Lon Woodbury had an office on campus, and now Lon is canvasing on behalf of Steve's new Gardening Cult.  A guy who was a hired cook is now running his own program.  Blows the mind, it does!

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2009, 10:56:13 PM »
Then if you actually use the link and go to the page, when you click on contact, the email program pops up and the addressee is Lon Woodbury himself.

Ah! I get this when I click on contact:
mailto:[email protected]?subject=Strugglingteens.com%20BN

...which merely means that "Strugglingteens.com BN" is noted on the subject line, not that it actually goes to Struggling Teens, if I understood it correctly.

I suppose you could call it a "referrer tag." If you check the contact specs on all of Lon's other articles, essays, and what not, you'll find that the exact same phenomenon occurs. "BN" undoubtedly stands for "Breaking News," as it was in one of those news bits that the above contact link was found. If it had been in an Essay, it'd probably be "ES," etc. etc.

Although... I am sure he'd love to be CC'd on all correspondence generated by those who read his site, were it feasible!   ;D

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 28, 2009, 11:33:51 PM »
Additionally, Steve Rookey was the hired cook when I was there. Arrived in late '84, early '85. From what I hear he later married in to the Wasserman Clan. Not sure about that, as I have no personal knowledge this was the case, but it makes sense.
That would appear to be Dana Wasserman, judging by the following post:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24545&p=324724#p324724
Quote from: "on 29 Jan 2009, Guest"
u guys need to shut the fuck up about my family.
my dad is steve rookey and my mom is dana wasserman.
she is no longer married to him.
SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!

Another post, probably from the same person, posted just 7 minutes later on the first page of this here very thread:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26035&p=324739#p324725
Quote from: "on 29 Jan 2009, Guest"
SERIOUSLY U ALL NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!
THIS IS MY DAD U GUYS ARE TALKING ABOUT.... GET A LIFE.
He has more practical experience than any of you guys ever will. He is one of the most intelligent and understanding people i have ever met.
Yes, he is crazy, but he is so good at what he does, how could any of you say these things about him. You may want to watch what you say because you never
know who will read your blogs.
SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

But ya really could confirm all that with Castle, as I believe he was at RMA when Steve and Dana were dating, IIRC...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2009, 02:25:11 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
SERIOUSLY U ALL NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!
He has more practical experience than any of you guys ever will. He is one of the most intelligent and understanding people i have ever met.
Yes, he is crazy, but he is so good at what he does, how could any of you say these things about him. You may want to watch what you say because you never
SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

Suck my dick and swallow!  Better yet, let your daddy suck my dick and swallow.  

God, I can't even begin to tell you how sorry I am that you ended up with a dad like that.

Hope he didn't do a "John Phillips" to you.

In any case, stop trolling our posts, bitch.   :twofinger:

Offline RMA Survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2009, 10:52:51 PM »
Guest wrote:SERIOUSLY U ALL NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!
SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

Where to begin?

Well, I am not sure Seriously was a good first word to use here.  One would have to assume the author was being serious given the number of exclamation points used, even if they were not used when they should have been, so the use of this word was redundant.  And on this topic of exclamation point usage, I would point out this sentence. Get a life.  That sentence, based on the tone of the post, of all the sentences, should have ended with an exclamation point.

Consistency would be my next issue.  "U GUYS" is used early on, and then "you guys" in the subsequent paragraph.  Normally the letter U is substituted for the longer version You, when an author is trying to write quickly or is simply lazy.  To find both usages in the same post indicates the author is mixed up and does not understand the value and common reasons for when either version is used.  
And are we to assume that whereas the first paragraph used all capital letters and some exclamation points suggesting the author was upset and yelling, does the lack of same in the second paragraph indicate the anger has subsided and is not meant to convey the author is still upset, despite similar language?  And because the third paragraph returns to the use of capital letters and exclamation points, does this reinforce the perception that the entire second paragraph is not said in anger?  
And describing the father as crazy, the definitions of which include insane, mentally deranged, senseless, impractical and totally unsound, would not work well with the other descriptive words for the father as being intelligent, and likely not with the word understanding either and certainly not with the word practical.  

Peculiarities is next on the list here.  The sentence, "He is one of the most intelligent and understanding people i have ever met." is not just inconsistent like above, but strange in the context that someone claiming to be a son to the subject of the post would say they have met their father.  To say "...the most understanding person I have ever known." would have made more sense.  Then there is the line, "You may want to watch what you say, because you never know who will read..."  Say and read?  Never and will?  

And then we get back to the proper use of punctuation marks.  Moving past the exclamation points, we see that the author, whose father may be described as intelligent, clearly has no formal education in English.  This is likely a product of his father's lack of effort in providing kids with education.  The current "school" run by Steven Rookey requires students to do distance learning as there clearly is no person on the premises --the father included-- capable of teaching even basic English skills.  This is why we see sentences like "Yes, he is crazy, but he is so good at what he does, how could any of you say these things about him."  The word "does" should have had a period after it, ending the sentence.  The next half was clearly a question, and therefore needed to end with a question mark.  

I think the author is in desperate need of a good education with an emphasis on basic English.  He is unlikely to receive this education at his father's program or any program his father has ever worked at, but I might also suggest that whatever program is sought, it should include anger management.