Author Topic: Thayer changes names- don't be fooled  (Read 7968 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Thayer changes names- don't be fooled
« on: October 09, 2008, 12:30:53 PM »
Those of us who have been trying to bring attention to the monstrous and fraudulent program run by Willa Bundy in Kidder, Missouri can be proud that all of the adverse publicity has caused Thayer to close.  That is the good news. The bad news is that like so much else at Thayer the closing is not what it appears to be.  It has not closed at all- just had its name changed as the Bundys - who know nothing about adolescent development  but a lot about marketing- have figured out that boot camps are out and boarding schools with untrained and unlicensed coaches instead of teachers are in. Here is their new web site http://www.tlcprogram.com/- Don't be fooled.  These are the people responsible for the death of Roberto Reyes and the hideous abuse of other adolescents. WE WILL CLOSE TLC!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Thayer changes names- don't be fooled
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 12:50:47 PM »
This statement, from their website, says it all.

TLC is a boarding school that gives parents with disrespectful teens an opportunity to take control.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 01:59:00 PM »
Interesting. The new website has a banner over the top that reads:

T E E N
    L I F E S K I L L S
    C E N T E R
    [/list]

It would appear that their new name is "Teen Lifeskills Center." I could find no mention of "Thayer" on the current website proper. The link in the OP, which includes a dash at the end, is apparently not a finished page. Underneath the aforementioned banner on that page is the following text (emphasis theirs):

Page Not Found

The page you are looking for does not exist. To better serve you, our customer, we have reorganized our website. Please try visiting our home page.

Thank you for visiting the Thayer Learning Center website!

I also got that same text when I clicked the "News" button. Apparently there isn't any news to report yet, and they are still working on that page. I imagine those leftover mentions of 'Thayer Learning Center' will disappear quite quickly.

Address of facility is noted as: 961 East 5th Street Kidder, Missouri 64649 | Admissions: 1-800-435-0688.

Domain registration information from Network solutions on "tlcprogram.com" follows:

Registrant:
       Parent Help
       101 Industrial Parkway
       Gallatin, Missouri 64640
       United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
       Domain Name: TLCPROGRAM.COM
          Created on: 16-Aug-02
          Expires on: 16-Aug-09
          Last Updated on: 14-Jan-08

Administrative Contact:
          Bundy, John  [email protected]
          Parent Help
          101 Industrial Parkway
          Gallatin, Missouri 64640
          United States
          6606634313      Fax --

Domain servers in listed order:
          NS1.PARENTHELPCENTER.COM
          NS2.PARENTHELPCENTER.COM
    -------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 08:32:30 AM »
    Make no mistake about what is happening.
     The lawsuits against the Bundys have started.
      The GAO reports have taken their toll.  
    The closethayerlearningcenter.com has worked.
    Dorothy Steele has left or been fired.
    The Bundys have simply decided that they can hide their assets and their past with a name change.

It won't work!!!  
    Child Abuse by any other name is still child abuse!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 08:38:22 AM »
    I called the center and a Dorothy answers.   Also I called the cell phone number off the handbook on Isac and a Dorothy answers.    I would be believe its the same Dorothy so she isn't fired.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 01:17:12 PM »
    Quote from: "kcarlee"
    I called the center and a Dorothy answers.   Also I called the cell phone number off the handbook on Isac and a Dorothy answers.    I would be believe its the same Dorothy so she isn't fired.

Dorothy actually got married believe it or not...she lives in Utah but the number for the school and other numbers the Bundy's have for their school and marketing company are often forwarded to her cell phone in Utah.  She still works for them, but from Utah.

Offline 001010

• View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 06:54:02 PM »
    Quote from: "Guest"
    Quote from: "kcarlee"

Dorothy actually got married believe it or not...she lives in Utah but the number for the school and other numbers the Bundy's have for their school and marketing company are often forwarded to her cell phone in Utah.  She still works for them, but from Utah.

Of course she does, she works for Litchfield. They all do. I'd like to see them brought down now that there's an administration in office that may very well give a damn.
    [size=79]EST (Landmark/Lifespring/Discovery) \'83
    Salesmanship Club \'84-\'86
    Straight, Inc. \'86-\'88[/size]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
    What about You?
    « Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 11:33:55 AM »
    Mostly what I think is hilarious is the people on these forums are so uneducated. Ya let's all take the word of some doped up teens who are trying desperately to avoid any type of consequence over people who are trying desperately to save what is left of the future of our country. If you think turning all of the problems over to "the new administrations" that they will as you say "give a damn" you are crazy. They will take all these schools down sure, but then they will offer no solution for the thousands of teens falling through the cracks. Unless you honestly think juvenile detention is a solution. You should try doing research on that. Placing teens in with other criminals to become educated in the art of stealing, lying, and selling drugs is sickening. If you all care so much what have you done for the problem? Where is your solution for these teens who ABUSE and create A LIVING HELL for their families and communities. They steal, they kill, and they are not getting help. Thousands of teens lie dead on your neighborhood streets because of the neglect that is happening in your own homes and in your own communities. Maybe if you weren't so busy gossiping online you might have time to actually solve a problem, save a life.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
    Re: What about You?
    « Reply #8 on: October 07, 2009, 07:42:01 PM »
    Quote from: "Dan"
    Mostly what I think is hilarious is the people on these forums are so uneducated. Ya let's all take the word of some doped up teens who are trying desperately to avoid any type of consequence over people who are trying desperately to save what is left of the future of our country. If you think turning all of the problems over to "the new administrations" that they will as you say "give a damn" you are crazy. They will take all these schools down sure, but then they will offer no solution for the thousands of teens falling through the cracks. Unless you honestly think juvenile detention is a solution. You should try doing research on that. Placing teens in with other criminals to become educated in the art of stealing, lying, and selling drugs is sickening. If you all care so much what have you done for the problem? Where is your solution for these teens who ABUSE and create A LIVING HELL for their families and communities. They steal, they kill, and they are not getting help. Thousands of teens lie dead on your neighborhood streets because of the neglect that is happening in your own homes and in your own communities. Maybe if you weren't so busy gossiping online you might have time to actually solve a problem, save a life.
    Lol. It sounds like you have a real fond spot in your heart for teenagers.
    -------------- • -------------- • --------------