Author Topic: the center cannot hold  (Read 1175 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
the center cannot hold
« on: October 07, 2008, 03:32:24 PM »
I did not know where else to put this but wanted to get it out there.  The Center Cannot Hold is a book written by woman who was diagnozed with schizophrenia and went on to have a career as a lawyer, then a law instructor and got a degree in psychology.  After years of being a "patient" she claims to advocate for mental health patients.  Here is the thing, though:  in her teens, in the 80's, she was sent to Operation ReEntry, a spawn of Synanon, for having confessed to trying pot.  ::puke::  She went to the afterschool program for two years including summers.  Here is the amazing thing:  the woman was soooooo brainwashed by it that even after years of breakdowns and psychotic episodes she doesn't have a clue as to how being there affected her!  She admits to being yelled at, managed by drug addicts, made to scrub the stairs over and over with a truth brush, being separated from her peers, never being allowed to participate in normal teenage activities, being humiliated, shamed etc...you guys know the drill. Yet she says she realized that she had to be 'broken down' in order to be rebuilt even though she never explains how that happened or why it was good then glides right over it as if it were not significant!  I think it would be good for survivors to write to this woman who is still in a daze from those years and urge her to re-examine that time in her life.  I wrote to her and even sent a copy of the
Lifton Mind Control info someone posted on here before.  She still does not have a clue :wall:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »