Author Topic: grandson  (Read 8491 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
grandson
« on: October 04, 2008, 07:48:33 PM »
My Grandson just went to Thayer.   I am heartsick but there doesn't seem to be anything I can do.  I emailed all kinds of info to my daughter but she now is VERY angry at me for not supporting her.    I have talked to lawyers and Isac.  I even talked to the lawyer that sued the STRAIGHT and won.    If my grandson is abused that lawyer will be the first one I talk to which not allowing him to talk or call anyone is abuse if you ask me.    Please contact Missouri senators and representatives to  vote in favor of H.R. 6358.  A bill to STop Child Abuse in Residential Programs.    My grandson needs mental health care and won't get it there.   Pray for him
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: grandson
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 10:37:45 PM »
If you can send him a letter somehow that would help keep his spirits higher than otherwise. Programs use the fact they can only contact the family in charge of putting them in the program against them to break their spirit. If he knows that his grandmother is outside doing everything she can to set him free, and just rooting for him in general, I'm sure that would be helpful in the long run. Sometimes when you present parents and pro-program people in general with information that counters their assumptions they get mad as a visceral reaction, but given time to think about it and weigh the consequences of inaction, sometimes might reconsider. I hope this is true in the case with your family member. There are helpful people who read this forum but do not post, so if you put an email address up it might help them get in contact with you. If you want to stay anonymous you can make a free yahoo email account or something similar.

I wish you good luck, well I am really wishing your grandson good luck. To you, I hope that the stress of knowing a family member is locked away in a program designed to strip them of identity and fill them with a newly undesirable facade of personality, is not too much to bear. Be prepared when he gets out that his family situation will be much worse, as some programs are designed for families to disown the child for not complying, and many parents do this without question. In that case, you could really help him out by helping him obtain residence, food and clothing and most importantly some sense that he is cared for by another individual. He'll be in my prayers. Hopefully he will get the help he needs eventually.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 04:30:25 AM »
Quote from: "kcarlee"
My Grandson just went to Thayer.   I am heartsick but there doesn't seem to be anything I can do.  I emailed all kinds of info to my daughter but she now is VERY angry at me for not supporting her.    I have talked to lawyers and Isac.  I even talked to the lawyer that sued the STRAIGHT and won.    If my grandson is abused that lawyer will be the first one I talk to which not allowing him to talk or call anyone is abuse if you ask me.    Please contact Missouri senators and representatives to  vote in favor of H.R. 6358.  A bill to STop Child Abuse in Residential Programs.    My grandson needs mental health care and won't get it there.   Pray for him

contact cafety.

they are quite good at getting kids removed from programs.
try Caica, too.

http://www.cafety.org/

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 05:46:08 AM »
As they were known for a while for referring kids to places & supporting those who do. As hard as it is i would stay on the parent's good side, this way they will be more likely to send on any letters you have to the kid. I would write to the grandkid often to let them know they have your support & love while trying to get through such a traumatic experience.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 05:53:27 AM »
http://www.wwaspinfo.com/wst_page3.html
you could also try contacting those on sites like this to try and get some help

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 03:21:24 PM »
I am now talking to my daughter.   Thayer Learning Center is now Teen Life Skills at tlcprogram.com  It seems that they are changing their program.    my daughter can talk to him by next week.  Thanks  for all the replies.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 04:39:05 PM »
Quote from: "kcarlee"
I am now talking to my daughter.   Thayer Learning Center is now Teen Life Skills at tlcprogram.com  It seems that they are changing their program.    my daughter can talk to him by next week.  Thanks  for all the replies.

You have to be careful.

Yes. They are under some pressure right now with the bill under way.
Yes. They are targeted in a investigation
Yes. They have been forced to fire some of the hardcore sergants they had back in 2005.

But..

The bill are right now stuck in the Senate and once the election is over there could be other places to investigate and then they are off the hook once more. Programs tends to shift between soft and hard. Right now they dont run the program they want but only because they are forced to. It is not a permanent change.

Try to speak with survivors on Myspace. We have a link to the group here on our datasheet. You can watch all the videos the facility has posted on Myspace showing just how poorly they live and good the teenagers become end after being scared about how far their own parents are so they move out as fast as possible once they turn 18, so they don't become moochers but if you want to find out how it is, speak to the survivors on Myspace or elsewhere. Even videos can be manipulated.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2008, 08:41:34 AM »
Did the suit against Thayer start???   Any news??

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2008, 03:40:37 PM »
Please believe me when I tell you he will be OK.
Call TLC and ask to talk to someone.

It is rough there, but I never saw abuse.  Just STRICT discipline.  The abuse my cadet lived through was self abuse before I sent himer to TLC.

Your daughter LOVES her child like nothing else in this world.  She is doing what she knows is right.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2008, 04:10:57 PM »
Quote from: "parent of former cadet"
Please believe me when I tell you he will be OK.
Call TLC and ask to talk to someone.

It is rough there, but I never saw abuse.  Just STRICT discipline.  The abuse my cadet lived through was self abuse before I sent himer to TLC.

Your daughter LOVES her child like nothing else in this world.  She is doing what she knows is right.
Sorry, but if a phone conversation could ensure someones safety, the boy wouldn't have died there. I think that TLC should allow extended family to at least walk catwalk which can be seen in their promotion video on Youtube. If there is no abuse going on then there certainly could be no danger by allowing guests looking down on the detained teenagers.

Sorry, You can try to assure people about no abuse a million times but as long as they don't operate in the open, the program themselves are responsible about suspicion of conspiracies. Plots are made based on secrecy.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2008, 04:19:02 PM »
Re. parent of former cadet:
    N-I-C-E. Treating a kid who self-abuses due to rotten self image with yet another (external) source of abuse sounds real healthy! He's going to read that as "punishment" because he is "bad." Hate to think of what the blowback to that is gonna be!

:ftard:[/list]
    -------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: October 16, 2008, 01:31:14 PM »
    Im sorry but I don't believe making kids run 5 miles because another kid wasn't doing what he's supposed to (This just Happened)Is not abuse.  Only makes these angry kids stuff down their rage until they get out.  Maybe.  Yea corporal punishment works immediately.  Yelling at you makes you increase the self hate you already have.   You might think this works but give your kid a few years and see if he doesn't end up with post traumatic stress syndrome from it.   I have read everything about thayer(They are now Teen Lifeskills Center)   I think you know why they changed their name.  Willa Bundy went and changed those notes taken on that boy who died there.   It is very hard to read all that has happened there and believe this helps in the long run.   An unlicensed facility with unlicensed staff is really where I'd want anybody. I have further past experience with Pathway in Michigan.   All I can say is he better be all right when he gets out. Ive talked to Phil Elberg.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: October 16, 2008, 01:53:27 PM »
    See also this thread regarding the name change:

Thayer changes names- don't be fooled
      viewtopic.php?f=39&t=25945[/list]
      -------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
      « Reply #13 on: October 20, 2008, 10:45:29 AM »
      I was reading the reports at ISAC, especially the Entire Investigative Report re: Roberto Reyes death.   Willa Bundy actually stated" It's typical for them to throw up, it's typical for them to poop and pee their pants, either while sleeping or working out".   Does this bother any of you???  Other than illness, what extreme measures would make YOU poop or pee your pants. I say the parents should be put in the boot camp with them.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
      « Reply #14 on: January 28, 2009, 02:13:22 PM »
      To the family of a recent cadet.   just how do I call there and talk to someone.   The calls all end up at Dorothy and nowhere.