Author Topic: What do you have to offer?  (Read 3839 times)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
What do you have to offer?
« on: September 12, 2008, 02:57:56 AM »
A friend of mine and I were looking into possible collective art projects relating to this industry.  In order to know what we should do it's best to know what we can do and what those who would help us have to offer.  So...  My suggestion is that we first start listing our skills, after which we can figure out how best to utilize those skills and how we can use them to reach a large audience (webpages, maybe... maybe video... maybe music...  maybe other art...).  My feeling is that there is a place for everybody's talent and particular skill set if we can build a project with everybody in mind.  So let's put our skills down on the table and start a little informal brainstorming.

I do: Video and 3d work, motion tracking, effects, photoshop... stuff like that.

You?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline hurrikayne

• View Profile
Re: What do you have to offer?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 09:32:24 PM »
I write. (I also edit, so if writing isn't your deal, I could work with you to get your story into a comprehensive format.  Even a few people who are exceptionally good at writing have been gracious enough to allow me to interview & work on their stories...sometimes it's harder to work on something so personal & painful.)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 08:55:56 PM by hurrikayne »
"Motivation is everything. You can do the work of two people, but you can\'t be two people. Instead, you have to inspire the next guy down the line and get him to inspire his people. " - Lee Iacocca

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 09:53:40 PM »
Anybody heard from Felice lately? And don't forget about Crapitol Records
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline iamartsy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 10:04:26 PM »
Do photography, write, make jewelry, and sculpture. Did a large installation piece on my experiences once in 1988. Included sounds reminiscient of program, poetry, large scale works 1' x 4', and and lovely seafoam green walls just like my old facility was painted. Boy did folks get the feel! Seafoam green made them so affected immediately and then the piece about losing your freedom of speech really got them. It was a silkscreen of the statue of liberty with a prose piece like similar to Awake's "The Rap" but about loss of freedom of speech was  superimposed on a piece of glass  that was about 1' in front of silkscreen. It would be cool to brainstorm and try to get grant money to do this in a large space. That we divide up to be like an actual facility. Bring people to the "house of horrors" we witnessed. ginger

Offline iamartsy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 01:45:58 AM »
come on. Are any of you interested. obviously, if we were institutionalized than we were all talented. i am tired and not making much sense, but from what i read here all of us have a great deal of talent. sometimes the best way to overcome the phobias we have left is to create about them. For instance, I don't like bit crowded places so i would go shoot photos of big crowded places. I never got to go to parks so go to parks and shoot pictures of people. warp the pics do everything i was not allowed to do. i was not allowed to write about myself and my feelings. the list went on.

can you imagine if this were a big show and released into the public. it would be amazing.

iamartsy

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 05:50:52 PM »
I've been told I'm exceptionally talented at being annoying.

Offline iamartsy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 12:00:41 AM »
Annoying works. Provides humor. ginger

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2008, 12:10:28 AM »
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
I've been told I'm exceptionally talented at being annoying.
You have a sense of humor, sound strategic mind, and the ability to see the big picture (however, often overlooking small details, imo).  Oh.  And you write real well.  Even my mom's a fan.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2008, 09:36:58 AM »
and now I have the worst hang over ever.

So what's the over all plan here? I'm interested in seeing something happen with this, but unsure how to proceed given I'm sodding off to China next week.

Offline iamartsy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2008, 04:27:35 AM »
Still trying to wrap my brain around this. I am agoraphobic, and in a hotel room. So I keep trying to think about how to do write an RFP to the NEA to do a show. Please look here and see if you have feedback and where we fit: http://www.nea.gov/grants/apply/index.html

I do metal art, photography, and sculpture. I know Psy does web and multimedia (?), and Che writes. If anyone can figure out where this project fits please post. I can try and write an RFP for it eventually. Right now, I have a house to put back together. I know all of us write well and an RFP is not that hard.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2008, 08:41:07 PM »
What we could do is put together a bound collection of short stories, poems, essays, photos, drawings, paintings, and so on and so forth that show the pov of the survivors. I doubt it would make much money, but as something that could prove beneficial in a empowering sense it could only help.