Author Topic: (Straight Inc related) Sam Kinison MIA?  (Read 1719 times)

Offline Woof-a-Doof

• View Profile
(Straight Inc related) Sam Kinison MIA?
« on: August 26, 2008, 06:34:48 AM »
Has anyone seen and or heard from Sam Kinison Aka Steve W*i*e*s*s....He lives in Costa Rica with his adoring family...Havent heard from him in a while....and there have been a shit load of storms down there....the have a good infrastructure and a relatively stable government....just curious about his whereabouts and welfare.

Om Shanti
woof
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
What is right is not always popular...What is popular is not always right

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: (Straight Inc related) Sam Kinison MIA?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 10:32:08 AM »
I hope you find him.

Offline Sam Kinison

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 10:00:33 AM »
Quoting Johnny Winter

"Every now and then I know it's kind of hard to tell,but I'm still alive and well"

All is well,really appreciate the concern.With all of the upheaval on the site,I've felt better as an observer.Have been spending a lot of net time watching you tube.Saw the Pathway and KHK pieces.What a strange creature hath evolved from our early ordeals.I keep thinking of cheap sayings like "You can't cure a headache by chopping off the head" and "Don't throw out the baby with the bathwater"when I hear parents of today praising these facilities.Everybody has a different tale.My deepest concerns personally are not the year and a half in Straight,but what pain I was in before.As insane as Straight was,I liked it better than the home I was living in before.Sure,it was trading one abusive environment for another,but at least at Straight,it wasn't personal,everyone got fucked the same(more or less).As my readers can see,I remember Straight like it was last year.My therapeutic need comes from all of that crap I have repressed that made what others call(probably correctly)a hellhole,tolerable.I'm a little crazy,but not clinically insane and I damn sure am not tough,whatever that is.My involvement on these boards has made me look at a lot of things,but not the same things everybody else has.My experience at Straight,while not a picnic,was not nearly as traumatic for me as it was for others,leaving me sitting alone in dark corner asking "Why not?".

Offline Woof-a-Doof

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 09:26:24 AM »
Hyya “Sam”

Glad to hear all is well. Yes, it seems that once in a while we all tend to drop of the radar for host of reasons. I just knew that your neck of the globe had had its fair share of turbulent weather and simply felt concerned. Wasn’t sure if that would impact your plans to venture to the states or not. Because when ya do come, I would enjoy sitting with you for a bit.

Ya said, “What a strange creature hath evolved from our early ordeals.”

Well yeah…No doubt. Recently I overheard a guy talking about how he would love to return to the days of his adolescence. I suppose, I sneered or made some other sound and he asked, “Wouldn’t you?”. Without hesitation, I said, “Hell No!” I said it with such impact, not only did it surprise him, but it also shocked me, the immediacy of my response.

Then when I reflect on programs of today, the CEDU’s, the KHK’s and other “derivatives”. Yeah, a lil more polished up, a few more lies in the literature…when it comes down to it, seems like the same whore in a different dress. It’s still warehousing kids…

Back in the day, and I am sure the St. Pete Times archives will concur…At one point Straight Inc made no bones about kicking the shit out of kids. I know this because those were the words my dad used the day he and my mom took me to Straight Inc. “The paper says they will beat the hell out you if you mess around.”

I knew of Straight Inc, but never in a thousand years did I think I would end up there. But alas…I was wrong. And you recall “Sam” my state of bewilderment that first night…WHAT THE HELL?

But as time went on, over the decades the practice of warehousing remains under a much heavier cloak of secrecy and deception. And of course the lies became well polished and the “pitch” to the parents perfected…and so the abuse machine continues to grow and gain momentum.

Ya said, “My therapeutic need comes from all of that crap I have repressed that made what others call (probably correctly) a hellhole, tolerable.”

A double mind fuck: Straight Inc did its damage and then we had to fuck with our own sense of impending doom and bring some semblance of a homoeostatic balance to our troubled hearts and souls. The major problem with that effort is/was that it didn’t work well. What seemed to pass for an acceptable behavior and response was robotic an automation of adolescence…Simply put…a fucked up teenager. Not one of us walked away from Straight Inc unaffected. Doesn’t matter whether one graduated, 7th stepped, got pulled, copped out, terminated or simply fucking split. Went thru Straight Inc.---Damaged goods, end of discussion. The saga continues for the younger ones enduring the abuse today and for us old geezers that endured same abuse 30+ years ago.

Ya also said, “My experience at Straight, while not a picnic, was not nearly as traumatic for me as it was for others, leaving me sitting alone in dark corner asking "Why not?".

Although we had similar experiences, they were not exact. Even though we were fairly intelligent teens, we coped differently, yet were affected/effected differently. Our post Straight Inc experience was also different. All these differences and yet one common denominator, Straight Inc. The result…damaged goods. Somewhere along the line, if examined closely and sometimes it can be glaringly obvious that we all are damaged.

I think there is a need to help folks in trouble, kids or adults…providing there is an actual problem. Yet to run with an idea, that sounds good at the time, reads well on paper and seems like a good idea…one would do well to think about LONG TERM EFFECTS. That is what kills me. Everyone seemingly jumped on the “treatment” bandwagon giving no thought to the long term effects. Now, how can brain washing effects be so perfectly implemented, obviously they were studied and examined. And no one read the final chapters of the studies made in Chinese Reform methods, the Korean methods and run of the mill Jim Jones type cults. No one thought to read case studies of the survivors and ask…well jeesh, arnt we about to do the same thing to these kids? Obviously not.

“Why not?”, well Sam we each were effected differently and we interpret trauma differently and we have 30+ years of outside experience that filters much of it. We gain coping skills, via drinking, smoking, doping, reading…having families, growing up….just doing what we can do to be decent people on this planet. And like you implied at the beginning “What a strange creature hath evolved from our early ordeals.” Yes, they have gotten better at implementing the damage, more trauma is endured…Shit got a lot worse after you and I were there.

I wish you much peace my friend and when you return to the states I hope to see you.

Namaste
woof
What is right is not always popular...What is popular is not always right

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 01:30:25 PM »
Quote from: "Woof-a-Doof"
Although we had similar experiences, they were not exact. Even though we were fairly intelligent teens, we coped differently, yet were affected/effected differently. Our post Straight Inc experience was also different. All these differences and yet one common denominator, Straight Inc. The result…damaged goods. Somewhere along the line, if examined closely and sometimes it can be glaringly obvious that we all are damaged.
Damaged by you, damaged by me. I'm confused, confused....don't wanna be confused. Stupid attempts, no conclusions. Put the gun to my head and I don't pull. I'm confused, my emotions are bruised. No longer feel a thing, I no longer want to see. But you can't make me long for your life and security. Problems stick, my life drips. Feelings cut, stupid feelings... stupid illusions! Scars for me to wear. Things don't fit, do I care?

-Black Flag

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 01:56:28 PM »
Sometimes I hate to sleep,I wake up beligerent confused and unsure of where I am.Im sure it scares the living shit out of my poor wife.Ive seen too much,Ive lived too hard,been thru too much.I hate being blindsided by my own dreams.I woke up friday morning like this.it sucks ass.and about the time ithink its gone it comes back to pay me a little visit.I cannot handle stress,not at all,I cannot be around screaming,just cannot.It wakes up an ugliness in me that I cannot,and will not put into words.like a rabid dog..only a rabid dog has no shame for being rabid,no regret for it.I keep asking myself if I havent paid enough,and if I dont some how deserve better.So maybe the time I sit alone in the dark I say "why me and what for"?Normally(whatever the fuck that means) Im Ok,or at least ok for me.But goddamn I sure do have some moments.
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 02:13:10 PM »
Ya said, “What a strange creature hath evolved from our early ordeals.”

Well yeah…No doubt. Recently I overheard a guy talking about how he would love to return to the days of his adolescence. I suppose, I sneered or made some other sound and he asked, “Wouldn’t you?”. Without hesitation, I said, “Hell No!” I said it with such impact, not only did it surprise him, but it also shocked me, the immediacy of my response.

Then when I reflect on programs of today, the CEDU’s, the KHK’s and other “derivatives”. Yeah, a lil more polished up, a few more lies in the literature…when it comes down to it, seems like the same whore in a different dress. It’s still warehousing kids…

Back in the day, and I am sure the St. Pete Times archives will concur…At one point Straight Inc made no bones about kicking the shit out of kids. I know this because those were the words my dad used the day he and my mom took me to Straight Inc. “The paper says they will beat the hell out you if you mess around.”

I knew of Straight Inc, but never in a thousand years did I think I would end up there. But alas…I was wrong. And you recall “Sam” my state of bewilderment that first night…WHAT THE HELL?

But as time went on, over the decades the practice of warehousing remains under a much heavier cloak of secrecy and deception. And of course the lies became well polished and the “pitch” to the parents perfected…and so the abuse machine continues to grow and gain momentum.

Ya said, “My therapeutic need comes from all of that crap I have repressed that made what others call (probably correctly) a hellhole, tolerable.”

A double mind fuck: Straight Inc did its damage and then we had to fuck with our own sense of impending doom and bring some semblance of a homoeostatic balance to our troubled hearts and souls. The major problem with that effort is/was that it didn’t work well. What seemed to pass for an acceptable behavior and response was robotic an automation of adolescence…Simply put…a fucked up teenager. Not one of us walked away from Straight Inc unaffected. Doesn’t matter whether one graduated, 7th stepped, got pulled, copped out, terminated or simply fucking split. Went thru Straight Inc.---Damaged goods, end of discussion. The saga continues for the younger ones enduring the abuse today and for us old geezers that endured same abuse 30+ years ago.

Ya also said, “My experience at Straight, while not a picnic, was not nearly as traumatic for me as it was for others, leaving me sitting alone in dark corner asking "Why not?".

I think there is a need to help folks in trouble, kids or adults…providing there is an actual problem. Yet to run with an idea, that sounds good at the time, reads well on paper and seems like a good idea…one would do well to think about LONG TERM EFFECTS. That is what kills me. Everyone seemingly jumped on the “treatment” bandwagon giving no thought to the long term effects. Now, how can brain washing effects be so perfectly implemented, obviously they were studied and examined. And no one read the final chapters of the studies made in Chinese Reform methods, the Korean methods and run of the mill Jim Jones type cults. No one thought to read case studies of the survivors and ask…well jeesh, arnt we about to do the same thing to these kids? Obviously not.

“Why not?”, well Sam we each were effected differently and we interpret trauma differently and we have 30+ years of outside experience that filters much of it. We gain coping skills, via drinking, smoking, doping, reading…having families, growing up….just doing what we can do to be decent people on this planet. And like you implied at the beginning “What a strange creature hath evolved from our early ordeals.” Yes, they have gotten better at implementing the damage, more trauma is endured…Shit got a lot worse after you and I were there.

I wish you much peace my friend and when you return to the states I hope to see you.

Namaste
woof

Every parent even thinking about putting their kid into treatment should have to read this first.

Programs sure don't SOUND like brainwashing camps when you talk to them. Parents like me, who have zero knowledge of the troubled "teen" industry and are under the belief that only healthy programs would be allowed to operate in their province/state are very easy to take advantage of. Programs are extremely good at looking like professional caring facilities that will only be of benefit to your child. This couldn't be further from the truth.

This whole experience has sure opened my eyes... I will never trust anything again.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Paradise lost
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 02:35:22 PM »
I used to wake up some mornings or midnights thoroughly convinced that I was in a host home, trying to remember if I was an oldcomer or newcomer and if my daughters, who were always newcomers in the same home, were brainwashed yet and how to get out. I used to love that because I'd realize gradually where I was, wherever I was, that was better by far. Then I'd go outside, take in the night sky, wander around and be free cause I could.

Lately, though, I'm having pleasant dreams that leave me waking up thinking I'm back in a place I loved and lived recently, wondering what my kids will want for breakfast and what I have onhand to work with. Then I look around. Them are some Zippety Doo Dah daze!
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Sam Kinison

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 07:12:42 AM »
Strangely enough,last night I battled a not too infrequent case of insomnia cured only by taking my blanket and pillow and sleeping on the floor.This happens several times a month.I wonder where the Freudian root of this originates?Who can relate?I WANT TO SEE MOTIVATION!!!!