Author Topic: Miller Newton's Lawsuits  (Read 2225 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Miller Newton's Lawsuits
« on: August 22, 2008, 04:01:38 PM »
Hi all,

I'm sure that this information is burried in the boards somewhere, but I don't know where to look.  I am trying to research the cases that Miller Newton has been involved in with regards to Straight, Inc. and KIDS, or any lawsuit he has been involved in.  I am not having very much luck finding them.  I was wondering if they may be sealed because they might be dealing with minors?  Any case names, citation numbers, anything would be very helpful to me.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Miller Newton's Lawsuits
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 04:39:45 PM »
http://www.thestraights.com/legal/matri ... iminal.htm

Dont' know if it's fully up to date.  There's a shitload of them.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 03:54:56 PM »
That helps a lot thanks :)

Offline slynch2112

• View Profile
    • http://tridisha.com
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 04:04:06 PM »
You can also call Phil Elberg, as he represented the plaintiffs in most of them.
--
Siobhan Lynch
CAFETY Board of Advisors
Parent, Systems Administrator, Programmer, Child Rights Activist, Sex Freedom Activist, GLBT Activist
A Proud Autistic Parent of an Autistic Child.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 05:02:56 PM »
One more question... Does anyone know the statute of limitations for Florida?  Like a year?  five years?  6 months?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 09:03:37 PM »
I don't know if it's the same down there... but in Canada there is no limitation for child abuse.

Offline slynch2112

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 01:07:20 AM »
Quote from: "sue"
One more question... Does anyone know the statute of limitations for Florida?  Like a year?  five years?  6 months?

Depends on the crime. I'm thinking of pressing charges for kidnapping, but I want to talk to Phil first, and see HOW I go about it. I suspect I'd do it through the FBI, since it was federal, having been brought across state lines and such.

Generally though, its 5-6 years.
--
Siobhan Lynch
CAFETY Board of Advisors
Parent, Systems Administrator, Programmer, Child Rights Activist, Sex Freedom Activist, GLBT Activist

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 11:16:04 AM »
Quote from: "slynch2112"

Depends on the crime. I'm thinking of pressing charges for kidnapping, but I want to talk to Phil first, and see HOW I go about it. I suspect I'd do it through the FBI, since it was federal, having been brought across state lines and such.

Generally though, its 5-6 years.

So what your saying is if a child has to cross state lines to go to a program it is federal?  Parents live in one state, child in a program across the country type thing?  If it involves a minor, and the parents consent to the program, would it still be federal?  Thanks for the help!!

Offline slynch2112

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 03:04:36 AM »

So what your saying is if a child has to cross state lines to go to a program it is federal?  Parents live in one state, child in a program across the country type thing?  If it involves a minor, and the parents consent to the program, would it still be federal?  Thanks for the help!!

sue,

if a parent consents, then its not kidnapping. (I was 18 when I "signed myself in" (after being beaten into it) - and I tried to "sign myself out" after 14 days - they laughed, I asked for my lawyer, they laughed, I got up and started to walk, I was restrained - at that moment it became unlawful imprisonment and kidnapping)

Child across the country from the parents, where the child crosses State lines, if some wrongdoing was found to have happened (child abuse, etc) it IS federal IF there is a federal law regulating it. However, it involves at least two states, and if there was a layover anywhere, possibly a third.

Still, like I said, the issue is the Statute of Limitations, plus do not construe my layman's explanations above for legal advice. I am not a lawyer or law enforcement officer, I am basing this on some basic assumptions that wrongdoing that crosses state lines becomes a federal crime. Consult a lawyer or the FBI for real advice.

-Trish
--
Siobhan Lynch
CAFETY Board of Advisors