Author Topic: 9-27-08 PV Protest! (Raleigh)  (Read 7243 times)

Offline act.da

• View Profile
9-27-08 PV Protest! (Raleigh)
« on: August 21, 2008, 07:13:21 PM »
Well, probably.

Peninsula Village holds "family support workshops" every other month at the RDU Country Inn and Suites at 201 Airgate Dr. Morrisville, NC and the next one is scheduled for the morning of September 27th.
According to my research, although the mailing address of the Country Inn and Suites is listed as in Morrisville, that area actually falls under the jurisdiction of the Cary PD. Cary city code defines permit-required protests as having more than four protesters. A person with the Cary PD that I spoke with believed that a recent Supreme Court ruling now prevents them from requiring permits for any protests, but wasn't certain about this.
One Cary regulation that I came across is that any signs cannot be larger that 24x24 inches. It is also against NC law to possess or have access to any object capable of inflicting serious bodily injury within 500 feet of any protest. This restricts any supports or handles for signs to nonmetallic materials no larger than 3.5in by 1in.
All of these rules will be abided by, and all other laws will also be followed.
Here's the schedule for PV's parent group:
-9:00 a.m. Coffee/light breakfast
-9:15 a.m. Education
-10:15 a.m. Break
-10:30 a.m. Support group
-Noon adjourn
If anyone wants to help out or can attend, please either post in this thread or send me a PM letting me know. Hopefully everything will work out this time!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
<&/PV>
[size=85]"that protester guy is still coming"[/size]

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 9-27-08 PV Protest! (Raleigh)
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 09:03:13 PM »
AWESOME! YOU GO DUDE! take lots of pics and post them!

Offline act.da

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 11:56:21 PM »
Unfortunately NC has a law against "wearing any mask, hood or device whereby the person, face or voice is disguised so as to conceal the identity of the wearer" on any public property, but I think it'll be alright if I decide to wear a hat and sunglasses. Hopefully I won't get "fair-gamed" by PV.
I can probably hold two or three 24x24 signs, any suggestions on what they should say? I know one of them is going to be something like "PV ABUSED ME" or "TORTURED BY PV" but I need two more!
Don't worry, there will be plenty of pictures and hopefully some video too.
Now to gather supplies - where did that airhorn go...
<&/PV>

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 12:53:49 AM »
P
V

Poisonous
Venom

Premeditated
Violence

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 09:07:58 AM »
Quote from: "act.da"
Unfortunately NC has a law against "wearing any mask, hood or device whereby the person, face or voice is disguised so as to conceal the identity of the wearer" on any public property, but I think it'll be alright if I decide to wear a hat and sunglasses. Hopefully I won't get "fair-gamed" by PV.
I can probably hold two or three 24x24 signs, any suggestions on what they should say? I know one of them is going to be something like "PV ABUSED ME" or "TORTURED BY PV" but I need two more!
Don't worry, there will be plenty of pictures and hopefully some video too.
Now to gather supplies - where did that airhorn go...

Can you call me with some more details?
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline act.da

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 11:11:29 AM »
Yesterday I called Country Inn & Suites to let them know that if they allow PV in their building there will be a protest.
Here's the vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j-tBmsDIiE
<&/PV>

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 12:04:59 PM »
AHAHAHAHAHHAH! :D  :rasta:

I did a coffee spit-take on that one.  That's a great idea - Pegler does a lot of speaking gigs wherever they let unlicensed cretins spew their spiels.  The hosts of the events may not want him there if threats of protest follow Big Bobby P. around.
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 02:41:45 PM »
Thing o beauty.. thing o beauty!

Offline act.da

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2008, 05:01:21 PM »
Unfortunately this ended up being a one-man protest, but I still consider it a sucess. Near the beginning, a hotel worker drove up to get the mail and said something like "You stay right there or we'll call the police". She can be seen in the first few frames of the video. Then awhile later someone in the hotel called 911 and a Cary police officer showed up. He was very professional and let the hotel people know that I could stay since I was doing nothing illegal. A different hotel worker pulled over beside me as she was leaving and asked about PV. I let her know the basics and she seemed shocked to hear that a group like PV conducts meetings there. About this time, the PV meeting ends. As a vehicle was leaving a female passenger told me she thought the police told me to leave. You can see her in the video as well. As the PV group was leaving I did spot "Bob" Pegler, who ignored me avoided eye contact. Hopefully next time we can have more people attend! Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p4k5iVz8bc
<&/PV>

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2008, 11:12:15 PM »
Quote from: "act.da"
Unfortunately this ended up being a one-man protest, but I still consider it a sucess. Near the beginning, a hotel worker drove up to get the mail and said something like "You stay right there or we'll call the police". She can be seen in the first few frames of the video. Then awhile later someone in the hotel called 911 and a Cary police officer showed up. He was very professional and let the hotel people know that I could stay since I was doing nothing illegal. A different hotel worker pulled over beside me as she was leaving and asked about PV. I let her know the basics and she seemed shocked to hear that a group like PV conducts meetings there. About this time, the PV meeting ends. As a vehicle was leaving a female passenger told me she thought the police told me to leave. You can see her in the video as well. As the PV group was leaving I did spot "Bob" Pegler, who ignored me avoided eye contact. Hopefully next time we can have more people attend! Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p4k5iVz8bc

One person makes a huge difference.  You've got mas grande juevos, act.da.  Ya think the woman who asked about the cops could be any more snide?  When my family's done with this move thing, I'd like to talk to you about something coming up on Covenant/PV's home turf.  PV will have another big pain in the ass showing up on the internet after the weekend.

I have to go watch the video again.  Were you wearing Big Elvis shades?  Again, thanks for taking it to the PV programees, you're the man.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2008, 07:42:01 AM »
Really these protests ought to be done in the fashion of that rock band who used to run around stage wearing nothing but a sock.

That'll get some attention!

Offline stoodoodog

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2008, 11:07:52 AM »
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
Really these protests ought to be done in the fashion of that rock band who used to run around stage wearing nothing but a sock.

That'll get some attention!

NO! They should not. There are too many um... er, dudes out there who would happily do this given the opportunity and I think the focus should be kept on PV.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2008, 06:02:54 PM »
I'm sure you can control Zen for one day..

hahahahahaha

:hug:

And back on topic.. Act.da.. could you post pictures of the sign that you used, or at least give a clue as to what was on it?

I'm of the opinion that simpler signs are better, but I've seen some real gems out there.

Offline act.da

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2008, 09:30:27 PM »
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
I'm sure you can control Zen for one day..

hahahahahaha

:hug:

And back on topic.. Act.da.. could you post pictures of the sign that you used, or at least give a clue as to what was on it?

I'm of the opinion that simpler signs are better, but I've seen some real gems out there.
Here you go:
Sign side 1
Sign side 2
<&/PV>

Offline act.da

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2008, 09:42:04 PM »
Here are some HQ photos from the protest: