Author Topic: Tami Brown  (Read 6909 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Tami Brown
« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2008, 02:18:03 PM »
Just a reminder, "A Mom": You're not answerable to this trolling shitbird. Please don't give it any more respect than it deserves (none).
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2008, 07:36:31 PM »
Just a reminder, "A Mom": You're not answerable to this trolling shitbird. Please don't give it any more respect than it deserves (none).

Thank you, I know I'm not answerable, but I feel sorry for people who are so blinded they are incapable of having any empathy whatsoever for people who have been hurt by AARC and programs like AARC.

IMO - It seriously isn't their fault that they feel the way they feel and believe what they believe. Only time away from the influence amongst the rest of society will help.

I just wish they had the capacity to understand someone else's point of view, but I realize why that's not possible.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2008, 08:34:41 PM »
Goodness... this thread is absolutely appalling!

I'm curious to know WHY a person's full name is even allowed to stand without being deleted?  This woman had her child in AARC, he was a juvenile, and as such, should be protected, listing his mothers full name is completely out of line, and IMO, violates the privacy of this family.

You people should be absolutely ASHAMED of yourselves. ::puke::

For what it's worth, I know Tami, and I've had the pleasure of meeting her sons. Both kids are good kids, happy, well adjusted and Tami is a wonderful mom to those boys.

Why don't some of you fuckwads try getting your kids taken away from you, then have 'the powers that be' alienate you from your child, tell your child all kinds of bullshit stories as to why his mother is not allowed to see him, fill his head with all kinds of crap and then tell me how YOU would feel?

I have not gone thru it myself, thank god, but I tell you, if I did, I'd do exactly the same thing Tami did, and then some. If a child needs help, then great, help him, but don't resort to bullshit brainwashing tactics so you can pump out another 'success story' to hang on your wall of fame. :wall:  :wall:  :wall:

This kind of public attack on a person is completely uncalled for, especially when full names are being mentioned and all kinds of bullshit lies are being spread about a woman who simply wanted her son back.

Guess what folks.... she GOT her son back and thankfully, he's slowly getting back to the kid she knew before he got sent to that hell hole.  All parents who had kids in this farce of a program should be as lucky as this family.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2008, 08:35:18 PM »
seems you're unable to see beyond your little mission here. AND if you're here simply as a "supporter" of ALL the wonderful things AARC has done, why don't you 1. go compile a verifiable list of people who've got anything good to say,

Never going to happen.

But if it did, it would be interesting to know how many of these people are parents now committed to the program whose kids were never truly helped, or whose kids went on to be drug abusers, worse drug abusers, addicts, or in jail, or deceased. Or those who are now divorced and/or separated from previously close members of their family.

It would be interesting to know the numbers of kids who simply continue to play the game because their parents are such firm believers that they will have no family and no where to go if they don't. Also interesting to know the number of kids who have been disowned by their parents for "relapsing" or otherwise failing to become part of "program" society.

I'm aware of all of these happening to people, but it would be interesting to know the true numbers.

So many graduate parents when asked how their kids were doing shook their heads sadly and said, "They're not doing well, But I'M ok and that's what matters" Pffft. Their graduated kid is in jail, or no longer talking to them, or otherwise not what one would consider a huge "rehab" success story, but I guess as long as the PARENT is ok, that's what matters?

I've never seen anything that comes close to the proposed 85% success rate. Unless you count staff, maybe 85% of them are successful.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2008, 08:53:51 PM »
Why don't some of you fuckwads try getting your kids taken away from you, then have 'the powers that be' alienate you from your child, tell your child all kinds of bullshit stories as to why his mother is not allowed to see him, fill his head with all kinds of crap and then tell me how YOU would feel?

I have not gone thru it myself, thank god, but I tell you, if I did, I'd do exactly the same thing Tami did, and then some. If a child needs help, then great, help him, but don't resort to bullshit brainwashing tactics so you can pump out another 'success story' to hang on your wall of fame. :wall: :wall: :wall:

This kind of public attack on a person is completely uncalled for, especially when full names are being mentioned and all kinds of bullshit lies are being spread about a woman who simply wanted her son back.

Guess what folks.... she GOT her son back and thankfully, he's slowly getting back to the kid she knew before he got sent to that hell hole.

^^^ Things they DON'T tell you when inquiring about the program.

All parents who had kids in this farce of a program should be as lucky as this family.

So true, and thank you.

Offline stina

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2008, 09:05:34 PM »
Quote from: "A Friend"

I'm curious to know WHY a person's full name is even allowed to stand without being deleted?  This woman had her child in AARC, he was a juvenile, and as such, should be protected, listing his mothers full name is completely out of line, and IMO, violates the privacy of this family.

For what it's worth, I know Tami, and I've had the pleasure of meeting her sons. Both kids are good kids, happy, well adjusted and Tami is a wonderful mom to those boys.

I have not gone thru it myself, thank god, but I tell you, if I did, I'd do exactly the same thing Tami did, and then some. If a child needs help, then great, help him, but don't resort to bullshit brainwashing tactics so you can pump out another 'success story' to hang on your wall of fame. :wall:  :wall:  :wall:

Guess what folks.... she GOT her son back and thankfully, he's slowly getting back to the kid she knew before he got sent to that hell hole.  All parents who had kids in this farce of a program should be as lucky as this family.

thank you for supporting her, this whole thread is, as you said, absolutely appalling...and prolly partly an attempt to get back at her and her son because once he "graduated" he wanted nothing more to do with the program. the assholes posting on this thread, and the one who started it have no verifiable documented ANYTHING backing up their claim that there's a huge lovefest surrounding AARC. they're just trying to do damage control, but definitely crossed the line when they named names, especially when signing on as a guest. disgusting. i hope any parent looking for help for their kid sees this thread and realizes the kinds of people they'd potentially be dealing with. and maybe that's why the post is still up...so that people know what kind of vultures these people are. they're digging their own grave with their posts, but ya, calling her out was completely fucking wrong.

love and support for you and your boys tami.
I used to be Snow White but I drifted.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2008, 09:28:04 PM »
and prolly partly an attempt to get back at her and her son because once he "graduated" he wanted nothing more to do with the program.

That speaks for itself though no??? One of their 'own' turned his back completely on the program once he got out. If the program was all that, then one would think that people who got out would use the 'tools' they learned in AARC and be staunch supporters. :ftard:

Guess they didn't do quite enough brainwashing. :wall:

they're just trying to do damage control, but definitely crossed the line when they named names, especially when signing on as a guest. disgusting.

Exactly. Damage control, that's all this is, it's a shame though that they have to resort to name calling and slander to make their point (if they HAVE a point??)

I still think this thread needs to be deleted or at the very least, take out personal info. To name someone while hiding behind an anonymous name is nothing but sheer cowardice. If you're going to confront someone and use their full name, then by god, have the balls to post your own fucking name. Can't have any respect for someone who wants to point fingers while hiding behind anonymity. :moon:

I've never personally dealt with AARC, but I've heard stories, both from people who have had personal dealings with them, AND from when I worked for Child Welfare, and NONE of those stories are good.... N.O.N.E.

It's nothing more then a cash cow cult IMO, that is out destroying kids and families. Thankfully this family managed to get out and are able to rebuild, which would not be possible without the love and support of Tami and those that care for her and the boys.

Other families are obviously not so lucky. :'(

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2008, 09:33:20 PM »
i hope any parent looking for help for their kid sees this thread and realizes the kinds of people they'd potentially be dealing with

I don't really blame the people ... I blame the system. Informed consent goes a LONG way!

The kids sure in the hell don't have a choice when they're ambushed.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2008, 09:41:15 PM »
I've never personally dealt with AARC, but I've heard stories, both from people who have had personal dealings with them, AND from when I worked for Child Welfare, and NONE of those stories are good.... N.O.N.E.

Wow! I guess I'm not the only one who keeps hearing less than rave reviews!!!

Where are those "oceans" of success stories you speak of?

:bs:

I guess it all depends on what one considers "a success" though hey?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2008, 10:33:49 PM »
love and support for you and your boys tami.

Thank you  :hug:

Offline slynch2112

• View Profile
    • http://tridisha.com
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2008, 12:45:34 AM »
Quote from: "Guest"
[

HOW MANY TIMES DO I AND OTHERS HAVE TO TELL YOU SICK FUCKS THAT WE ARE NOT FROM AARC AND NEVER WENT THROUGH THERE BUT HAVE MET LOTS WHO HAVE AND WHO ARE ETERNALLY GRATEFUL TO AN EXCEPTIONALLY RUN CENTRE AND AN EXCEPTIONALLY GOOD MAN - DEAN VAUSE.

SO MOFOs, QUIT LOOKING TO BLAME ARRC PEOPLE FOR EVERYTHING THAT IRRITATES YOU IN YOUR SNIVELLING, PATHETIC LITTLE LIVES.
 :wall:

I think what scares me about this is that you actually believe people who have been brainwashed, over the thousands of people who have been abused by Vause and the programs that he was involved in. Its been proven *in court* that these people are abusive, yet you think that a a few families who are still involved in the cult (that has been listed in the FBI's cult watch list, are Synanon derivatives, specifically STRAIGHT and KIDS, and we all know AARC, while in Canada is just KIDS in Canada). If it was Scientologists or Moonies, you would probably be like "yeah right", but because its a so-called "drug rehab" that supposedly "saved lives", you're willing to listen.

I don;t get involved in these conversations much, but I think having not been involved directly in these programs, you're way out of line in even pointing fingers, or invalidating the experience of so many people. One of the reasons most of us suppose that people coming here defending the Semblers, Newtons, and Vauses of the world are from those programs is because only people brainwashed could defend those actions in any way, shape, or form.

Now I know you probably mean well in defending these people, but it makes you look as bad as the people involved. Before you start defending, I would ask them if you can watch group for a day (I bet they say no), and go and stay with some kids at a host home (guaranteed they say no). If they don't say no, and they actually allow you to do it, even if they order them to not physically abuse the kids, the evidence is incontrovertible - see if any of the kids actually talk directly to each other without asking thier "oldcomer" for permission, see if they are allowed to read things, look out windows, don't look totally exhausted because of the way things are run.... see if they're allowed to go to the bathroom without some type of supervision.

Now things may not be run at Vause's facility the way they were run at KIDS, but I doubt it - and look and listen with your own ears. If they don't allow you in - maybe they're hiding something?

I'm just asking you to understand that a lot of us on these boards are angery at what was done to us. Its hard to let go of that anger. I hope that a rational voice on our side of the fence will convince you that you *might* be on the wrong side, but I sincerely doubt it. It sounds like you made up your mind to listen to the Semblers, Vauses, and Newtons say about us - that we're druggie, bahaviour problem, sexually addicted scum, and lie and cheat and steal, and are manipulative.

I'll tell you - I am an Emmy winning technical person, who has won custody of my child (in a very conservative area), I've been written up in magazines for my contributions to the computing world, I am active in several community organizations, and well respected where I live, and the profession I work in. I am the farthest thing from a manipulative druggie - believe me when I say I was abused in every manner I could possible dream of, including sexual assault in KIDS. - and I *do* get angry when someone like you, that has no clue about what I have gone through invalidates my experiences and the experiences of people like me - but I believe that an intelligent discourse is needed instead of calling names.

Are you ready to have an intelligent discourse? or do you want to continue defending people who are clearly abusers and thieves of lives.

-SPL
--
Siobhan Lynch
CAFETY Board of Advisors
Parent, Systems Administrator, Programmer, Child Rights Activist, Sex Freedom Activist, GLBT Activist
A Proud Autistic Parent of an Autistic Child.

Offline slynch2112

• View Profile
    • http://tridisha.com
« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2008, 02:06:29 AM »

::OMG::   roflmao . .... you sure are an angry little einstein, aren't ya

first of all - i don't think you have showed up at AARC's door to voice your 'concerns' / 'complaints' have ya? Nope you launch your lies and BS here like a coward ,  exactly like TB and GE.

You are so out in the open - and who are you????????????????????????????????

AARC would have people arrested, is my guess, before they were allowed to actually sit down with them and voice their opinions.

Second is that its very similar to a POW going back to the camp where they were held and saying "Jolly Good, I think we should have a discussion about how you all treated me when I was in your prisoner camp" - its not good for the POW, and it probably wouldn;t do much good.

After years of AARC and its predeccessors being shut down in various places, is a discourse really needed between us and them on their methods? Would it change anything?

Now if AARC allowed some sort of oversight committee, that might be different, but I doubt that will EVER happen. People like Sembler, the Newtons, and Vause like playing God, thats why they're in the business they're in - A Cult.

And I'm sure the Cult rakes in the dough.

When in doubt, follow the money.

-SPL
--
Siobhan Lynch
CAFETY Board of Advisors
Parent, Systems Administrator, Programmer, Child Rights Activist, Sex Freedom Activist, GLBT Activist
A Proud Autistic Parent of an Autistic Child.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2008, 11:04:14 AM »
having not been involved directly in these programs, you're way out of line in even pointing fingers, or invalidating the experience of so many people

Kinda makes me think they ARE directly involved in the program.

Someone who isn't would read the testimony of all those people damaged by programs with some degree of concern for the survivors.

AARC would have people arrested

True, I received a "trespass notice" when I went to AARC.

Now, did I "abandon my kid" or was I "terminated"? So confusing... I guess it depends on who you talk to and what day it is...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2008, 02:18:05 PM »
No response?

Was everyone stuck at the Tues night meeting?

Oh right, you're not in aARC

:D

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2009, 07:17:24 PM »
Quote from: "A Friend"

Really, how interesting - the kid was a perfectly well adjusted young man that ended up in front of a judge?? something doesn't compute  . . .   and then why did he choose to stay with AARC ????? . . uhm because his 'mother' was such a prize???  
tell me, how does a  good well adjusted kid end up in soooooo much trouble that they are on probation??????  WTF ,  what a cruel world we live in - well adjusted kids with good parents in drug/alchol treatment and sentenced to jail time. SOMEONE call the police . . AJAX13 come save the day!!!!    roflmao