Author Topic: Program Parents: Types and Psyches  (Read 14274 times)

Offline MommaB23

• View Profile
Re: Program Parents: Types and Psyches
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2010, 03:09:13 PM »
My parents were originally tricked and have become borderline cult members. I was at Canyon View Park and off branch of SCLA and it kinda sucks knowing that the program screwed me up emotionally pretty bad with their methods of attack therapy, I am way more insecure now than I was when I went in, but I am a survivor and I will overcome. To the parents of teens, if you have not gotten your son or daughters medical records from the program of which they are or were attending, you will probably fight a hard battle of getting them. Main Street Medical claims that the program owns our medical records. I am excited to have found this site because I was able to get ahold of Cameron Pullan and he is forcing the issue of me getting my medical records. I would suggest for any parents or ex-students that would like to get their hands on their medical files from SCLA, CVP, and CR contact mainstreet medical and ask to speak to Angela, if that doesn't work, call Cameron directly. :soapbox:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline kadforacn

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2010, 11:46:49 PM »
I was a parent merely looking for help for my suicidal son.  I had tried a psychiatrist, a counselor, and a school counselor and all had failed him.  My son admitted feeling suicidal again, so I phoned the counselor he had seen, who recommended Red Rock.  When I called Red Rock, fearful and sleep deprived (for MONTHS), I was promised that this facility was the answer to our prayers.  Their website painted a VERY different picture than what they actually provide for treatment.  During the 39 days my son was there, he was incorrectly diagnosed and prescribed antidepressants (we now know he has bipolar disorder), witnessed his peers being put into a restraining room, and watched one peer get punched in the stomach while being held by the other staff members.  This all happened to THAT boy because he picked up a radio that belonged to a staff member!  The staff kept us (the parents) in the dark about the kind  of facility Red Rock was.  When I finally got the parent handbook (at about a month after our son was admitted), our suspicions became increasingly strong.  Finally, we decided to pull our son out.  The day that happened, the enrollment counselor called me back and argued with unbridled enthusiasm about the mistake we were making.  Long story short, when my husband arrived at the facility to retrieve our son, our son was SO glad to see him.  All the way back to our home state, our son told my husband about the kinds of things that happened in that facility.  We feel completely taken advantage of and angry that this happened to our boy.  

I have complained to Red Rock, complained to the Better Business Bureau, complained to the licensing bureau responsible for Red Rock, and now have complained AGAIN to the BBB.  Why are there no protections in place for families in crisis?  I was told that Red Rock should NOT have accepted our son into their facility, but was also told that the enrollment personnel likely get a commission and so, will tell you anything to get kids in.  It's a CRIME what they do to our kids and families.  Contracts are signed that are extremely unfair to the families (but what choice do we have when we think it's the contract OR the death of our child?), the facts are misrepresented, and the big companies have more money than the families so can fight all day long.  Where is the justice???  Where is the love for our children?  How can we undo what we did?  By helping other parents make INFORMED choices about how to help their kids!!  

Any other suggestions?  I am committed to fight this battle all the way to the point of real change to benefit our kids!

Offline Deprogrammed

• View Profile
    • http://www.pathwayfamilycenter.fornits.com
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2010, 11:59:23 PM »
Kadforcn,
I don't know whow long ago that all happened but ye can sue that program possibly. Especially if your son was a witness to child abuse. I would encourage you to contact an attorney asap!
-Dp
"So, you can make me cum ...that doesn\'t make you, Jesus"....Tori Amos copyright
Read about Pathway Family Centers here.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2010, 01:11:02 AM »
Quote from: "kadforacn"
I was a parent merely looking for help for my suicidal son.  I had tried a psychiatrist, a counselor, and a school counselor and all had failed him.  My son admitted feeling suicidal again, so I phoned the counselor he had seen, who recommended Red Rock.  When I called Red Rock, fearful and sleep deprived (for MONTHS), I was promised that this facility was the answer to our prayers.  Their website painted a VERY different picture than what they actually provide for treatment.  During the 39 days my son was there, he was incorrectly diagnosed and prescribed antidepressants (we now know he has bipolar disorder), witnessed his peers being put into a restraining room, and watched one peer get punched in the stomach while being held by the other staff members.  This all happened to THAT boy because he picked up a radio that belonged to a staff member!  The staff kept us (the parents) in the dark about the kind  of facility Red Rock was.  When I finally got the parent handbook (at about a month after our son was admitted), our suspicions became increasingly strong.  Finally, we decided to pull our son out.  The day that happened, the enrollment counselor called me back and argued with unbridled enthusiasm about the mistake we were making.  Long story short, when my husband arrived at the facility to retrieve our son, our son was SO glad to see him.  All the way back to our home state, our son told my husband about the kinds of things that happened in that facility.  We feel completely taken advantage of and angry that this happened to our boy.  

I have complained to Red Rock, complained to the Better Business Bureau, complained to the licensing bureau responsible for Red Rock, and now have complained AGAIN to the BBB.  Why are there no protections in place for families in crisis?  I was told that Red Rock should NOT have accepted our son into their facility, but was also told that the enrollment personnel likely get a commission and so, will tell you anything to get kids in.  It's a CRIME what they do to our kids and families.  Contracts are signed that are extremely unfair to the families (but what choice do we have when we think it's the contract OR the death of our child?), the facts are misrepresented, and the big companies have more money than the families so can fight all day long.  Where is the justice???  Where is the love for our children?  How can we undo what we did?  By helping other parents make INFORMED choices about how to help their kids!!  

Any other suggestions?  I am committed to fight this battle all the way to the point of real change to benefit our kids!
kadforacn, would this place be Red Rock Canyon School, or Red Rock Academy, or some other Red Rock that I haven't heard about yet?

If Red Rock Canyon School (http://www.redrockcanyonschool.com/), see also:

If Red Rock Academy (St. George, Utah; outta binnis ~11/2002), see:

-------------- • -------------- • --------------