Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > CAN ~ Collective Action Network

Program Parents: Types and Psyches

(1/4) > >>

AuntieEm2:
This topic (below) was introduced on another thread by DGSe, and I know this is something I still do not fully understand. Put another way (from DSD, modified): What is the psychology of the parents that make programs possible?

Comments? (Please forgive cross-postings; I was encouraged to post this in more than one forum.)

Auntie Em

Quote from DGSe/ohhellheah:

--- Quote ---DIFFERENT TYPES OF PROGRAM PARENTS:

TRICKED-- parents whose kids go to a program voluntarily. Entire family involved thinks they are going to some treatment center/school. When their kids say they are being mistreated they respond responsibly. They notice and respond to obvious warning signs

ex: "erica's mom"

INADEQUATE-- parent is mentally ill, or incompetent.
ex: lulu Corter's mom

ABANDONER-- parent wants to rid themselves of burden. They are often Adoptive or steparents

ABUSE/CONTROLLER-- Parents want kid to be punished//suffer be humbled. They want control of their kid in a ver unhealthy way

ex: paul richard's parents

CULT member-- these parents start off as any of the hitherto mentioned type, and get sucked in/brainwashed. They live their lives for the cult. They donate huge amounts of money and time to the cult. They are not simply "brainwashed" in the sense they are mis led or tricked. They live on campus, spend a lot of time in meetings.
ex Ginger's parents
--- End quote ---

Che Gookin:

--- Quote ---ABANDONER-- parent wants to rid themselves of burden. They are often Adoptive or steparents

ABUSE/CONTROLLER-- Parents want kid to be punished//suffer be humbled. They want control of their kid in a ver unhealthy way
--- End quote ---

I met alot of these types. Real wackjobs.

sicktomystomach:

--- Quote ---TRICKED-- parents whose kids go to a program voluntarily. Entire family involved thinks they are going to some treatment center/school. When their kids say they are being mistreated they respond responsibly. They notice and respond to obvious warning signs
--- End quote ---

Tricked parent here. They sure are good at their con game!

Che Gookin:
Yeah they are clever at scamming people for sure.

ZenAgent:

--- Quote from: "AuntieEm2" ---ABUSE/CONTROLLER-- Parents want kid to be punished//suffer be humbled. They want control of their kid in a very unhealthy way

--- End quote ---

My family dealt with this parental aberration.  Che remembers when my wife and I (especially me) were venting spleen about the damage being done to my step daughter by her egotistical, narcissist, borderline personality father. His alcoholism, an unholy anger issue, and two years of estrangement from his daughter over booze made him a nut-boy close to the boiling point with frustration and blind rage. The father wouldn't accept that his behavior was causing the rift, he saw it as paternal betrayal by a willful child.  He became an unhinged, vengeful freak intent on punishing his defiant daughter and forcing her to submit to his will by breaking her on the wheel.  With "unlimited resources" provided by a Palm Beach relative, this bull in a china shop hired an attorney who was evil personified to sidestep the legal system and literally kidnap his own child with dull-witted assistance from the police.  Once the father had temporary custody, he placed his honor roll daughter in Peninsula Village to "save her life".  Dad had found the perfect instrument to punish/torture his daughter in PV.  The program would be "Dad-dictated" since he was paying the $8700 a month for treatment.  He held the reins for almost five months pretending the funding came directly from him.

PV immediately started making my step daughter suffer in a way that pleased the bankrolling parent.  Staff brutally assaulted her in a five person pileup/"restraint" in front of her mother. The clinical director placed our girl on "Rx - Mother Restriction"  because my wife had "broken the rules" by photographing the out-of-control and mindless attack on her child.  "Mother Restriction" meant my step daughter was denied any contact with her mother and was not allowed to mention her mother at all .  According to Dr. Adam McLain, the purpose of "mother restriction" was to encourage the girl to "differentiate".  Outside the clinical milieu of Peninsula Village, "mother restriction" is called "parental alienation".  Dr. McLain's childish war of wills against a 17 yr. old girl kept my wife from seeing her daughter for the next five months.  Peninsula's treatment team viewed my wife as "demanding" when she would call in tears and literally beg to know if her daughter was alive, since McLain had stepped up "Mom X" by not allowing the family therapist to call my wife with updates.  McLain did this in retaliation for "Peninsula Village materials being posted on the internet in a slanderous and defamatory way".  When my step daughter's long-time pediatrician tested PV's policy of allowing doctors to treat their patients who were in PV, she was denied.  She was told by the therapist that PV had a doctor on staff and her services were unnecessary.  The therapist later told the pediatrician PV's treatment team might reconsider letting her examine her patient if she "could get the mother to remove the internet postings about PV,"

My step daughter was very aware she didn't belong in PV and her father was sliding off the rails.  She refused to drink the KoolAid and never left the level 3 lock-down unit during her six months of hell.  She gained 40 pounds on her runner's frame from sitting on a bed 8 hours a day.  She participated in one minor revolt on the unit.  She resisted the best efforts of the sadistic staff to "break her".  PV's treatment team blamed my wife for their failure to crush her, claiming mother and daughter were in collusion, despite "Mother Restriction".

The rich Palm Beach relative noticed the extra $350 charge for a "physical restraint" and realized PV was not a normal boarding school for young ladies.  He pulled the plug on funding.  PV discovered their "Daddy Warbucks" was really "Mr. Pitiful", and he became shit in their sight.  Custody reverted when all attorneys involved concluded the placement at PV "should never have happened".  Dad washed his hands of it and disowned his daughter, Old Testament-style.  We brought her home and she entered her Senior year midway through and still graduated with Honors.

What did her father gain/accomplish in his attempt to humble, punish, and gain control of his daughter while punishing her mother as well?  Complete alienation from his only daughter, contempt from everyone aware of his actions, PTSD and nightmares for my wife and daughter, termination of PV's entire clinical staff, from the administrator to the family therapist (BONUS!), and a sad, dead attorney - our first lawyer, who's last day in Court was, in his words, "a debacle".  The Chancellor refused to admit the custody order was void on it's face and "a con had been presented before the Court".  The father's affidavit was "spurious" and void, but the Chancellor refused to throw it out.  Our attorney - one-time Mayor of Knoxville, an eloquent, well-versed lawyer - spent his last day in Court watching a bottom-feeding punk thumb his nose at him while abusing the "mechanisms" of the law, with no objections from the Judge.  My wife and I didn't realize it was his last case until we learned he had died.  It's terrible knowing his last court room experience was so fucking grotesque.

A Psychiatrist familiar with my step daughter and her father told me "it was a control issue for her father, he wanted complete control over her".  No amount of "Tough love" can force real love.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version