Author Topic: Rebekah Reclamation Ranch ???  (Read 9018 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Rebekah Reclamation Ranch ???
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2008, 04:27:54 PM »
pensacola bible institute nor hyghles anderson ,they are both not acredible schools so those degrees are wothless
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2008, 04:30:26 PM »
Quote from: tlcgun
pensacola bible institute nor hyghles anderson ,they are both not acredible schools so those degrees are worthless

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2008, 01:09:30 AM »
look in alabama! [email protected]   I know they had a boys home in sweetwater tenn. and after a bunch of talk to district attys there they moved humm

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2009, 02:40:00 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Wow! Thanks for all the information.
Do you know if the Rachel Academy is anything like how the Rebekah Home for Girls was? As far as the "bible discipline", windows with alarms, and ten-foot fences? Judging by the pictures it seems to be an okay place. Should I be concerned about my sister being brainwashed or abused at the Rachel Academy for Girls?
Thanks again.
no, u have nothing to worry about. i was at reclaimation ranch for men for 6 mnths and interacted alot with the girls camp . mrs. trudy allred is a good woman with good christian morals! your sis is safe with her!

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2009, 03:10:51 AM »
Quote from: "biggsoga"
Quote from: "Guest"
Wow! Thanks for all the information.
Do you know if the Rachel Academy is anything like how the Rebekah Home for Girls was? As far as the "bible discipline", windows with alarms, and ten-foot fences? Judging by the pictures it seems to be an okay place. Should I be concerned about my sister being brainwashed or abused at the Rachel Academy for Girls?
Thanks again.
no, u have nothing to worry about. i was at reclaimation ranch for men for 6 mnths and interacted alot with the girls camp . mrs. trudy allred is a good woman with good christian morals! your sis is safe with her!
Unless they paddle her beyound recognization.

If you look at the comments after the raid, former victims defended the use of the paddle. They are using corporal punishment to secure that the detainees are kept in line. However, the young women were informed of their rights and hopefully the social services will continue to visit the girls so they can take up any complaints with the authorities.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2009, 05:50:40 PM »
Oscar,

Are you speaking of Rachel academy, or the former rebekah home for girls. These are two different institutions.

I personally know a former participant in the men's program that is associated with Rachel academy who eventually became a staff member w/ the boy's home also located at reclamation ranch in Empire, Alabama. I can say that I am about 95% positive that the Rachel academy does not use corporal punishment, but as I have never been there, and have not asked, I cannot say for sure.

I can say that I would be not only disappointed, but also shocked, if I were to find that this institution(Rachel Accademy) in any way is abusing the children, or treating them as "inmates."

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2009, 06:19:23 PM »
Statement from KLBlackburn made on http://http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2008/11/11_boys_returned_to_families_a.html#more

I just want to say I was a girl in the program at Reclamation Ranch and I just got home about a week ago. All the accusations that are being made are completely false. The only reason those boys said those things was because they wanted to go home so bad and desperate boys will do desperate things to get what they want. So i hope whoever made those accusations feels horrible because none of the staff members would do anything to hurt us. Oh and just incase you didnt know we didnt get put in the Ranch because we were Angels and completely honest. We got sent there because we were liars and needed help. There are so many people that go in and out of these homes and we have never had any reports of abuse. They would never hurt us. Daddy Jack is like my adopted Dad and I cant believe anyone would try to ruin the work that he started to help people. And if there was ever anyone one who even attempted to hurt one of us Daddy Jack would either get the person himself and go to jail for us or get the person sent there. Oh and as for the food.... We ate the most amazing homestyle cooking food I have ever eaten in my life. We deffinatly dont starve there. You can ask all of the staff they wont make us eat anything they wouldnt eat. The so called outdated cereal.... We got donated to us like the guy said up top the dates are for when to sell it buy. I ate the cereal my self and it was perfectly fine. It was actually some of my favorite cereal. When we even started to think it was going bad we threw every bit of it out. And yes the girls and boys have to ask for everything because we have so many people in ouor home we have to have some kind of order to know where everyone is. ALSO!!!! AS FOR THE GUNS AND SHACKLES AND HANDCUFFS..... Havent yall ever heard of hunting? That is why alot of people keep that kind of stuff. Even with handguns I know I am gonna have one when I have my children because if anyone attempts to touch them I will not have it. The shackles we have for certain reasons. Most of us girls came against our will. We didnt want to get help we wanted to stick to our drugs sex and alcohol so when we get them they try to hit and kick so we have to do soemthing ANWYAS Everyone who doesnt care about there kids and lets them do anything they want thats wrong and the Ranch loves us more than anything and this whole situation is CRAP. Thx

I believe in people hitting rock bottom before they are able to fight an claimed addiction. I believe that people can only change what they voluntary acknowledge.

Putting shackles on a person and wait until this person surrender to a God 'sounds as abuse to me.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2009, 11:09:26 PM »
My mother was at Rebekah in the late seventies and I grew up hearing horror stories about the place! She actually escaped from there a few times, the last time she was too old for them to force her to go back. She did not come out of there a brainwashed bible thumper,if anything it was the opposite. She blamed her parents for sending her there and that pretty much has fueled the destructive path she has been on since. I think if had she never gone there things would have been different, she was just a typical kid in the 70's doing what people did back then. I would be very concerned for your sister. Chances are she would probably out grow what ever her troubles were, instead she is going to have a lifetime of issues! It sounds like you need to take a stand against your father! I'm sure what ever your sister did to get sent there doesn't warrant what she is going through now.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2009, 01:46:12 PM »
They still have a girls and boys school at the old Roloff campus in Corpus Christi, TX (where I was raised and still have family).  Here is their official link:          http://www.pbc-roloffhomes.org/content/

Here is their contact information:     1355 old brownsville rd | Corpus Christi, TX | 78415 | 361-852-1155

You are able to go to church services on Sunday and if your sister is there she will be in the congregation.  The Roloff Ranch (boys) in Enterprise Alabama has been closed as of January of this year and the caretaker was arrested and is waiting trial.  I live in Alabama and it made all the news stations.  I think the girls dorms are still open but they are under investigation.  

Everyone has differing opinions about whether these schools are for the good or ill.  IMHO their methods are over the top.  I was at Bethesda.  I look at it as a possitive experience that changed my life for the better - BUT that is because my home life was sooooo much worse than being in Bethesda and you can learn things from any situation.  I chose to hang onto the good and let go of the bad (please don't slam me for that comment).  I would NEVER advocate their methods as a possitive parenting model.  I just chose to make lemons into lemon-aide and made a conscience choice to think of the possitive outcomes in my life because I was taken from a much worse place, my home.

If your sister is in either location (CCTX or Enterprise, AL) it should be a fairly easy thing to discover if you have the money to go to these locations in person.  The authorities in both cities may even help you determine if your sister is being held against her will by opening or reporting on an open investigation if you call them.  I know the local Sherrif's office in Neuces County has been known to be pretty helpful for some.

Good luck.  Family should NEVER be forceably seperated and nobody should be left wondering if there is anyone out there that cares about them.  Keep looking for your sister, she will appreciate it when you find her.

Offline ytmex

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2010, 03:35:40 PM »
Did you go to the City of Refuge in Georgia?  I was born in Georgia and my birth mother was there in 1970... Her name is Julia... Did you meet her?

Daniel
[email protected]