Author Topic: AARC Graduates in the News  (Read 3618 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AARC Graduates in the News
« on: July 03, 2008, 10:17:18 AM »
Fri, June 27, 2008

Man charged with murder in shooting
UPDATED: 2008-06-27 03:02:51 MST

By KEVIN MARTIN

Two suspects in the drug-related slaying of a Calgary man have been ordered to stand trial , one for first-degree murder.

Provincial court Judge Sandra Hamilton yesterday agreed there was sufficient evidence in the case of Cody William Bates and Jason Malin Woods. Hamilton made the ruling at the conclusion of a nine-day preliminary inquiry.

During the hearing Crown prosecutors Pat Yelle and Vicki Faulkner called 20 witnesses to the stand. A publication ban was imposed on the evidence by Hamilton at the request of defence lawyers Karen Molle and David Chow, who did not contest their clients committals to stand trial.

Bates, 23, is charged with first-degree murder in the June 6, 2006, shooting death of Ali Khamis. Woods, 20, is accused of manslaughter in the slaying of Khamis, who had recently become the father of a baby girl.

Police said Khamis was shot once from close range outside a community centre in the southwest subdivision of Shawnessy.

They also said the victim and his alleged killers knew each other and the slaying was drug-related. The two accused weren't charged until more than a year after the death of Khamis, 30.

They are scheduled to appear in Court of Queen's Bench on Aug. 22, when a trial date will likely be set. Both men remain in custody pending trial.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Mel

• View Profile
Re: AARC Graduates in the News
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 10:52:02 AM »
Who amongst this article are the AARC graduates? Those accused of murder?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 12:03:05 PM »
And they left AARC, when?????????????????????????????
 Somehow AARC has something to do with one of these guys. PAAA-LEEEZ show me the causal path. I am sure there is a direct link to 'DV abuse' - they weren't allowed to go to the potty when they asked or some staffer at AARC said 'no' when they wanted to stick a cigarette in their cake-hole. poor things. I'd stab someone, too!!!

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 11:30:39 PM »
Both Bates and Woods are AARC products.  They join the ranks of accused murder Andrew Evans, who is also a graduate.  Why the Wizard would be refusing to let someone go to the toilet when they ask is beyond me, but then I fail to see any merit to any of the practises at AARC.  Unless of course the object is to enforce a controlling power over ever aspect of a person's life, including their most fundamental bodily functions.  Perhaps censored friendly could shed some light on that. 
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

MR. NELSON: Mr. Speaker, AADAC has been involved with
assistance in developing the program of the Alberta Adolescent
Recovery Centre since its inception originally as Kids of the
Canadian West."
Alberta Hansard, March 24, 1992

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 12:01:03 AM »
Quote from: "censored friendly"
And they left AARC, when?????????????????????????????
 Somehow AARC has something to do with one of these guys. PAAA-LEEEZ show me the causal path. I am sure there is a direct link to 'DV abuse' - they weren't allowed to go to the potty when they asked or some staffer at AARC said 'no' when they wanted to stick a cigarette in their cake-hole. poor things. I'd stab someone, too!!!

It just seems that, for such a tiny little organization, AARC has a whole lot of murderers among their alumni. I ain't claiming causuality. Just noting the anomaly and that our tribe sort of shares it.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 04:30:46 PM »
a former gitmo detainee turned suicide bomber too! HELLO! was that the purpose of our abuse (2 yr in straight for me)? what the hell did they think would happen?....I remember wanting to die and planning it.. even attempting it and I wanted to kill...kill the fuckhead parents that put me in that torture chamber for no reason and I mean NO reason! the injustice is still mindbogglin never mind the damage I still have to deal with on a daily basis...anyhoo I am filing a civil suit just as a matter of principle...fuck that move on it's been x amount or yrs...the damage is done and I need justice ...somethings gotta give I need some hope in a system that did not protect me could at the very least give me justice now.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 05:13:00 PM »
ajax:
obviously, you missed the fact i don't believe any supposed harm done at AARc exists past not being allowed to go to the potty IMMEDIATELY everytime some little cretin puts his/her hand up to go look in the mirro at themselves for awhile - I was joking about the potty request but pa-leez substantiate some terrbile ugly things that Vause did to you other than not giving you the attention you wanted - he might be human and actually prefer some clients as people compared to the whining ones incapable of truly getting honest and being part of the positive change that happens there for the majority of clients and family.

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 11:16:38 PM »
Why do yo use the word potty?  I can't recall any stage in my life where I used that childish colloquialism, although as a toddler I may have.  AARC's stated role is to provide treatment to adolescents suffering from chemical dependence, which it does not because it is staffed by amateurs and run by a cult leader.  You may feel that what happens in AARC entails a postive change for families.  That is a sentiment; it is not an emperical statement about the outcome of treatment of a medical disorder.  As to getting honest, perhaps the Wiz ought to try that.  He could start by dropping the lie about being a psychologist.  Then he could give up lying about developing the quackery used in AARC and admit that he stole it from Kids.  Then he could admit that AARC opened two years before he got his mail-order PhD, so AARC couldn't have been based on the PhD.  If he's not too tuckered out from finally telling the truth, he could explain where the millions of dollars went that have poured into his private prison with no licensed professionals, other than a cult-member nurse, on staff. 

By the way, I thought that AARC took in unfortunate adolescents suffering from the advanced stages of a terrible and deadly disease.  Censored friendly, you must be a fine individual to refer to these poor souls as cretins.  Do you use the term cretin to describe kids with leukemia too?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 12:38:51 AM by ajax13 »
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

Canadian West."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 12:13:39 PM »
Hey ajax you brain dead little thing:
Should we blame the cancer clinic  for all the deaths of patients that have come thru their facility? My God, give your head a shake - "It just seems that, for such a tiny little organization,. . "
Uhmmmmm...... AARC treats addicts/alcoholics and the worst of the worst adolescent brand of them!! THEREFORE you smartie pants little kids they are treating a population that if they are just too bloody sick to get well will go on to get in worse trouble as their disease progresses. I know you all think " the wiz" is all powerful but he can't help everyone  . . . for the rest of their life after they leave AARC and choose to go back to using and drinking.

It is too bad he doesn't read the hilarious comments on this site. . . . I hear he doesn't care as he is aware of which ex-clients were the sickest of the sick.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2008, 12:34:05 PM »
. I hear he doesn't care as he is aware of which ex-clients were the sickest of the sick.

So you're saying that the sicker the kids are, the LESS he cares??? 

Wow.  Just.......wow.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2008, 05:47:19 PM »
what twisted thinking you have !!!  Vause knows that those like yourself and Ajax, violet etc are pretty sick . . .  and listen carefully . . he knows NOT TO CARE about what sick kids like you would have to say about him personally, his degree or AARC. What matters to him is what he does, which he does well and the growth of AARC and supporters of the facility is a testament to that.

you people will always be a very small pool of very sick ex-clients who can go on and on and on about what you think about AARC, the staff at AARC and Vause and it is not worth their energy or time. They will continue to help people and people will continue to have MUCH gratitude for the place and Vause and the staff.

I should apologize to Ajax though. I do now recognize that the verbage from Ajax comes from a VERY ill person - sorry for being so demeaning to you and 'believe it' you both are very ill and I hope sometime that you do  finally see that so that you can finally get well again and stay that way for a longer period of time like many others have from AARC or who have received help elsewhere.

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2008, 11:18:16 PM »
friendly, I do hope that you'll continue to speak on behalf of AARC.  The crazier you AARColytes are, the easier it will be to get the money taps turned off and have the Wiz run out of town on a rail.

Canadian West."

Offline Mel

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2008, 11:50:20 PM »
Hey ajax you brain dead little thing:
Should we blame the cancer clinic  for all the deaths of patients that have come thru their facility? My God, give your head a shake - "It just seems that, for such a tiny little organization,. . "
Uhmmmmm...... AARC treats addicts/alcoholics and the worst of the worst adolescent brand of them!! THEREFORE you smartie pants little kids they are treating a population that if they are just too bloody sick to get well will go on to get in worse trouble as their disease progresses. I know you all think " the wiz" is all powerful but he can't help everyone  . . . for the rest of their life after they leave AARC and choose to go back to using and drinking.

Sickest of the sick "worst adolescent brand of them" huh? I've met a lot of heroine addicted (physically addicted for multiple years, with Hep or H.IV. Homeless for multiple years - not couch surfing) who would like to argue that point. Those kids all wanted help and don't have parents who can afford treatment and are not arrested or court ordered anywhere. What about Steve Lebaraon? I believe he had drank/used 8 times? He spent about a year in AARC? He was 15 was it? His parents were concerned because he got moody? He was dealing with his fathers mental and physical breakdown and trying to care for himself and his siblings, while also dealing with growing up in an Mormon family? Sound irrational to try drinking a few times and become moody as a teenager dealing with tough issues? And now he's dead. Seemed like an extremely good and normal kid if you ask me.

How come Hazelton and Betty Ford who treat people who have been using their entire youth and adult lives don't have a high suicide/murder rate?

Do you think that the type of rage and abusive behavior you and all of the other AARC folk utilize in AARC and here in your posts has anything to do with it? Those centers have a good success rate based on actual in depth research.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2008, 11:49:16 AM »
censored is retarded he referred to mind control aka brainwashing as a spell....get a clue it is a scientifically prooven systematically implemented mind control modality...these program ppl know exactly what they are doing....and ppl who think it's just some spell are highly susceptible to it ...as we have concurred after reading censoreds post under the spell of BRAINWASHING! go educate yourself so you can break free and protect those more vulnerable among you. and there are plenty of ppl with credibility who strongly oppose mind control but unfortunately only intelligent ppl can see it for what it is..another reason stupid ppl shouldn't breed ..they don't know how to protect their offspring. be smart ppl! help and protect those of us who are vulnerable just say no to torture! what kind of sick twisted idiot tortures and exploits the vulnerable among us? I think we all know the answer to this one!!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2008, 01:16:26 PM »
Quote from: "friendly"
what twisted thinking you have !!!  Vause knows that those like yourself and Ajax, violet etc are pretty sick . . .  and listen carefully . . he knows NOT TO CARE about what sick kids like you would have to say about him personally, his degree or AARC. What matters to him is what he does, which he does well and the growth of AARC and supporters of the facility is a testament to that.

you people will always be a very small pool of very sick ex-clients who can go on and on and on about what you think about AARC, the staff at AARC and Vause and it is not worth their energy or time. They will continue to help people and people will continue to have MUCH gratitude for the place and Vause and the staff.

I should apologize to Ajax though. I do now recognize that the verbage from Ajax comes from a VERY ill person - sorry for being so demeaning to you and 'believe it' you both are very ill and I hope sometime that you do  finally see that so that you can finally get well again and stay that way for a longer period of time like many others have from AARC or who have received help elsewhere.

Ah, there's that famous "gift of awareness"!!   ROFL.  The ability to psychologically diagnose totally anonymous strangers from a few postings on the internet.  Did All About Receiving Cash give you any other supernatural abilities or was this it?